Best dash cam for me?

NewDash

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hey, I'm new here.
So I have been looking for a dash cam that will be good for all my needs for quite a while now.

These are all the features I wish the dashcam will have:
Good quality(prefer 60fps)
Wifi
Parking Mode - I want the camera to record when it senses a collision.
Now the problem is that I only drive my car during the weekends and I don't want the dashcam to drain my battery.

Is there any good dashcam for me?

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
Now the problem is that I only drive my car during the weekends and I don't want the dashcam to drain my battery.
That's going to be the biggest hurdle to overcome. The best you're likely to do is a camera with BDP (battery discharge prevention) either built in or as a separate module. Unlikely to give you a full week of operation but will at least let the camera run as long as possible without killing the battery.

A second possibility is to get a couple of external battery packs and swap them out as necessary during the week.

OP
N

NewDash

Reaction score
Country
Israel
That's going to be the biggest hurdle to overcome. The best you're likely to do is a camera with BDP (battery discharge prevention) either built in or as a separate module. Unlikely to give you a full week of operation but will at least let the camera run as long as possible without killing the battery.

A second possibility is to get a couple of external battery packs and swap them out as necessary during the week.
Ok so, Is there a good camera that fits my needs? I guess BDP would be good enough for me.
Maybe even a battery.

Fix the power problem and then you can work on the memory problem
I only want it to record the clips where it detects an impact and it will probably go to a locked folder.
So I dont think there will be a problem with the memory unless my car gonna get hit everyday which is unlikely xD

Last edited:

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
Ok so, Is there a good camera that fits my needs?...
There are probably a number of them. I'd suggest you start by reviewing these 2 articles to familiarize yourself with what's generally available and focus on those that meet your needs.

Once you narrow the list of candidates you can then read through the forums for the specific camera(s) to see what others have to say to help determine if it will actually meet your needs.

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
Is the car parked on the street, in a garage, or where, when not used?

OP
N

NewDash

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Is the car parked on the street, in a garage, or where, when not used?
It is parked in my building's parking.
Between 2 walls and a roof(in front its like open)
Kids also playing football nearby so its kinda scary..

OP
N

NewDash

Reaction score
Country
Israel
bump
still looking for a dash cam with atleast 1080p 60fps
parking mode with battery discharge prevention
and Wifi