Best Dashcam $100-$150 range?

runtohell121 said:
They ship from HK or China? I know Taiwan took about 5 days when I purchased something on eBay. HK usually takes about 7 - 10 days, China takes a bit more time.

No they ship using Singapore Post for NA at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
They might have removed the GT200 but they added the GT550W now.
Edit: As a side note, why do they have to solder the battery on? It should be easier for a user to replace (pins) as that is one of the first things to go.

Wonder did Foxoffer even have any GT200W in stock if they removed it that fast..

No clue... Hopefully it won't have a battery issue..

What do you guys think about the VF300W from foxoffer? They don't have the GT200W anymore apparently and changing my order when I confirm it.

runtohell121 said:
What do you guys think about the VF300W from foxoffer? They don't have the GT200W anymore apparently and changing my order when I confirm it.

check the new 550 , come whit gps option. seems gt300 hardware.

GeorgesNJR said:
runtohell121 said:

check the new 550 , come whit gps option. seems gt300 hardware.

Yeah, I checked those out already, but I was only given the option to upgrade to the VF300W with no additional charge from my previous order :/

VF300W is from an unknown manufacturer, so who knows. Image quality is good for the price though since it's based on the same chipset.

Gurkha9 said:
VF300W is from an unknown manufacturer, so who knows.

Yeah.. Foxoffer says it's really similar to the GT300W/LS300W. Not sure what I should do. If I should cancel and reorder something else or go ahead and get the VF300W. I wish I can get them to upgrade me to the Shadow GT300W as it has a bit more support and well-known compared to the mysterious VF300W but I doubt they will do a free upgrade(from GT200W, $77 -> $110) to that model since it's $33 difference compared to the VF300W (from GT200W, $77 -> $90)

Hardware, cpu and cmos are the same as ls300w or gt300w. If firmware is also a generic ( not look a like copy ), then video recording quality should be worth of money. Not yet known what lens does vt300w uses.

I think you're getting a good deal at $77, but reliability is unknown. Some one has to be first though, go for it!
Either that or go for a Mobius or SJ1000, both in that price range; FoxOffer sells the SJ1000.

niko said:
Hardware, cpu and cmos are the same as ls300w or gt300w. If firmware is also a generic ( not look a like copy ), then video recording quality should be worth of money. Not yet known what lens does vt300w uses.

So would the firmware from Shadow/DOD/Tiotech be usable on the VT300W? That's one of my main concern with no branders. The video quality on YouTube seems decent for the VF300W.

DOD FW probably not as it's apparently encrypted now. Unknown for GT300W FW, but it might work since same internals.

runtohell121 said:
niko said:

So would the firmware from Shadow/DOD/Tiotech be usable on the VT300W? That's one of my main concern with no branders. The video quality on YouTube seems decent for the VF300W.

Never trust youtube due to video compression. My advice: forget youtube if comparing dash camera videos. It can be for reference only. Yes, in many cases if it looks good on youtube then its good in raw files as well, but i tested many dash cams which seams to have good youtube video, but in real they were crap. Same can be opposite way: in youtube looks so-so, but actually in real they are far much better. Hope you know what I am trying to say.

As mentioned: not sure what firmware used. It is wrong to suggest only by firmware graphics look a like matching ls300w / gt300w.

Gurkha9 said:
I think you're getting a good deal at $77, but reliability is unknown. Some one has to be first though, go for it!
Either that or go for a Mobius or SJ1000, both in that price range; FoxOffer sells the SJ1000.

The price sure seems decent. $77 for a VF300W aka GT300W/LS300W duplicate...

Gurkha9 said:
DOD FW probably not as it's apparently encrypted now. Unknown for GT300W FW, but it might work since same internals.

I really hope the cam would have similar if not exactly the same internals and such.

niko said:
runtohell121 said:
niko said:

Never trust youtube due to video compression. My advice: forget youtube if comparing dash camera videos. It can be for reference only. Yes, in many cases if it looks good on youtube then its good in raw files as well, but i tested many dash cams which seams to have good youtube video, but in real they were crap. Same can be opposite way: in youtube looks so-so, but actually in real they are far much better. Hope you know what I am trying to say.

As mentioned: not sure what firmware used. It is wrong to suggest only by firmware graphics look a like matching ls300w / gt300w.

So it would be better to download the video via dropbox and watch it from there?

Gurkha9 said:

Any FW can be hacked, but as it stands now gt300w FW can not be used on LS300W.

I have the Mobius and think it makes an excellent car dvr. I previously had the Livue LB100 but I've happily traded the GPS and event trigger (that was too sensitive anyway) for superior video quality and a very discreet unit.

Took the risk and got the VF300W... Hope it won't be too bad.

runtohell121 said:
Took the risk and got the VF300W... Hope it won't be too bad.

On the "paper" vf300w looks like ls300w, gt300w. Hope in real life its the same.
After you receive it and have time to share with us raw video files day / night / late evening.

so now there is another new member vf300W, for god's sake just how many 300W-like model on the market??

Back