Best Idea Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I decided against hardwiring my front and rear dashcam.
I got two Nextbase 522GW Dashcams.
I then installed a standard 20,000AH Powerbank such as those for charging mobile phones I connected both dashcams to the Powerbank and I now have 24/7 recordings without worrying about flat car battery.
Set the dashcams to go into sleep mode when the car is stationary and your done.
I couldn't be happier.
***UPDATE***
I HAVE NOW INSTALLED A SECOND RAVPOWER TO THE REAR CAM. SO ONE PER CAMERA.

Ooh it must be a Russian conspiracy
I gave my opinion. You clearly want to cross examine people. My opinion is rock solid. The first was a typo. I have six powerbanks all over the house. My wife uses one too.
You really need to calm down. If you don't like my setup move on, simples

You ignore my questions so now you allege a "Russian conspiracy"? That's a good one man! And how is a whole declartive sentence where you use the phrase, "a standard 20,000AH Powerbank" and then use the singular " the powerbank" when you say "connected both dashcams to the Powerbank a typo? That's a bridge too far for stretching the definition of "typo".

I don't think your opinions are what one could describe as "rock solid", especially the way you dodge questions and are unwilling or unable to document any of your so called "rock solid" assertions.

You still have not addressed my earlier question about what dash cams with super-capacitors in lieu of lithium batteries have to do with power banks.

You ignore my questions so now you allege a "Russian conspiracy"? That's a good one man! And how is a whole declartive sentence where you use the phrase, "a standard 20,000AH Powerbank" and then use the singular " the powerbank" when you say "connected both dashcams to the Powerbank.

I don't think your opinions are what one could describe as "rock solid", especially the way you dodge questions and are unwilling or unable to document any of your so called "rock solid" assertions.

You still have not addressed my earlier question about what dash cams with super-capacitors have to do with power banks.
Go do your research.
I won't collaborate with angry, offensive individuals.
I have now set you as "ignore".
I'm on here to chat with like minded individuals.
Please dont respond as I won't be able to see it.
God Bless and have fun on the forum!

First you are saying that dashcams baterries are rubbish than you are saying that a dashcam without a baterrie is a toy.
You are a little confused for an expert.
I was talking about dashcam batteries. The only purpose of a dascam baterrie is to save the file in progress before shutting itself down.
Most serious dashcams uses supercapacitors instead of baterries. They are more reliable in extreme heat.
So, in my opinion, from the start you have the wrong setup, since you have a dashcam with baterrie.
When I stated a dashcam without a battery I was not talking about either.
If you look on ebay there are many Chinese dashcams that have neither battery nor supercapacitor, so I would say that the Confusion is on your part, for an expert.
Also, if you read my setup, I use powerbanks for the simple reason of not relying on so called capacitors or built in batteries.

Last edited:
Go do your research.
I won't collaborate with angry, offensive individuals.
I have now set you as "ignore".
I'm on here to chat with like minded individuals.
Please dont respond as I won't be able to see it.
God Bless and have fun on the forum!

Offensive? Angry? After the kind of remarks you made to me? You showed up here making questionable assertions and when I tried to point out that this was a subject that has been discussed at great length going back years on the forum that suggests that what you are doing is not really a wise idea you dismissed this claiming expertise you apparently don't have along with insulting remarks like "amateur" and "wet nursing". Jeez! You got called out on your "opinions" because of a lack off facts and documentation and refusal to answer the simple question of which so called "pass through charging" RAVpower power bank you claim to own and now you are running way. Where I come from they call this a cop out.

I'm not on here to argue. I gave my opinion. Check back on the threads my friend. You began with insulting words like "clueless".
You really need to chill.
Just because I don't share your opinion doesn't mean others won't. If you don't like my setup, go find another thread to troll.
Im content with my experience and setup.
As for insults. Anyone who looks back on this thread can clearly see who was first off the mark with them.
As for evidence. This is a forum, not a court. I expressed my set up. You don't like it, tough. Move on. I am not interested in debating my opinion with trolls.

Calling someone a "little confused for an expert* and" You've got to be kidding. For a guy who claims to be an "expert" you seem to be fairly clueless"

Is I'm sure in everyone's opinion an insult. Like I say, you are first off the mark with the insults. My setup must clearly be putting you at a loss with hardwiring. That's tough but life. People have a right to know what a waste of cash that is!
Good day, move on, plenty of other threads to haunt with your insults.
Yes, you are 100% correct in your assertion of exactly "who began the insulting comments" on this thread.

You, @PeteTheGreek, seem to have been very, level-headed and even-handed in sharing your information here on this thread. - - @Dashmellow, on the other hand, comes across here as very indignant that you have provided information that is contrary to his beliefs.

I for one appreciate the information you have shared with us all. - Thank you!

Yes, you are 100% correct in your assertion of exactly "who began the insulting comments" on this thread.

You, @PeteTheGreek, seem to have been very, level-headed and even-handed in sharing your information here on this thread. - - @Dashmellow, on the other hand, comes across here as very indignant that you have provided information that is contrary to his beliefs.

I for one appreciate the information you have shared with us all. - Thank you!
Thank you so, so much for your comment. I try very hard to reason with people and take in what they are saying. We are all on here with opinions after all. For a moment I felt I was in a court of law.
If the guy had asked his questions in a nice manner I would of replied.
His tone was that not dissimilar to a road rager.
I had to block him in the end.
Thank you. I really appreciate your input. I always say treat with respect and be treated with respect.
I'm 57 with 40 years Exp in electronics and have even patented a lighting system.
Talk about respect for your elders phew.
God Bless.

Last edited:
Thank you so, so much for your comment. I try very hard to reason with people and take in what they are saying. We are all on here with opinions after all. For a moment I felt I was in a court of law.
If the guy had asked his questions in a nice manner I would of replied.
His tone was that not dissimilar to a road rager.
I had to block him in the end.
Thank you. I really appreciate your input. I always say treat with respect and be treated with respect.
God Bless.

You were unwilling to answer a single question going back to the beginning of the thread. You apparently have difficulty with anyone who disagrees with you. Now you want to blame me for your behavior using further insults. Sad.

Typical, unsurprising comment from you. You are a habitual troll.

And what "useful information" did PeteTheGreek actually share with us?
@Dashmellow- You have a very acerbic manner of communicating with @PeteTheGreek. I personally cannot blame him for having "blocked you".

Incidentally, I found his initial post, and even his succeeding posts, to have been very informative and interesting.

I suppose if this were Facebook or Twitter you would be calling for the sensoring of all his comments. Luckily @DashCamMan (the site administrator) allows for the free exchange of dashcam ideas here!

@Dashmellow- You have a very acerbic manner of communicating with @PeteTheGreek. I personally cannot blame him for having "blocked you".

Incidentally, I found his initial post, and even his succeeding posts, to have been very informative and interesting.

I suppose if this were Facebook or Twitter you would be calling for the sensoring of all his comments. Luckily @DashCamMan (the site administrator) allows for the free exchange of dashcam ideas here!

For a guy who stated that he would ignore me you sure do like to harangue and provoke. Comes as no surprise. Interesting that you claim I would be inclined to censor others posts when that is what you try to do repeatedly with my posts that you don't like. The last time you started in with me was when I pointed out that a promotional advertising video from a well known dash cam retailer didn't belong in a thread dedicated to individual members for posting their own personal dash cam videos so you decided to start attacking me because you felt that video was "very informative and interesting". Of course, there was nothing wrong with the video and I enjoyed it too but it just didn't belong in that particular thread and @DashCamMan agreed and moved it. But hey that's who you are. So please get down off your high horse and stop accusing me of trying to censor other members.

By the way, the word you are looking for is censor, not sensor! :ROFLMAO:

For a guy who stated that he would ignore me you sure do like to harangue and provoke. Comes as no surprise. Interesting that you claim I would be inclined to censor others posts when that is what you try to do repeatedly with my posts that you don't like. The last time you started in with me was when I pointed out that a promotional advertising video from a well known dash cam retailer didn't belong in a thread dedicated to individual members for posting their own personal dash cam videos so you decided to start attacking me because you felt that video was "very informative and interesting". Of course, there was nothing wrong with the video and I enjoyed it too but it just didn't belong in that particular thread and @DashCamMan agreed and moved it. But hey that's who you are. So please get down off your high horse and stop accusing me of trying to censor other members.

By the way, the word you are looking for is censor, not sensor! :ROFLMAO:

Dashmellow- It's rather ironic that part of your name includes "mellow", but as @PeteTheGreek has experienced first-hand, you at times, can be anything but "mellow".

And to refresh your memory, our "last interchange" here on DashCamTalk occurred when you decided it was "appropriate to make Political Posts" on this "dashcam forum". Most people know better...

Well, the site administrator, @DashCamMan, made it known that political posts are NOT appropriate and removed your political posts. - That was the last interchange we had.

And now here in this thread where you have cast insults at a new DCT member who was forced to "block you," from further messages (and yes, you are the one who started it, not @PeteTheGreek) is our subsequent exchange. That's not too bad at all... once every couple of months or so.

Last edited:
Dashmellow- It's rather ironic that part of your name includes "mellow", but as @PeteTheGreek has experienced first-hand, you at times, can be anything but "mellow".

And to refresh your memory, our "last interchange" here on DashCamTalk occurred when you decided it was "appropriate to make Political Posts" on this "dashcam forum". Most people know better...

Well, the site administrator, @DashCamMan, made it known that political posts are NOT appropriate and removed your political posts. - That was the last interchange we had.

And now here in this thread where you have cast insults at a new DCT member (and yes, you are the one who started it, not @PeteTheGreek) is our subsequent exchange. That's not too bad, once every couple of months or so.

OK, you are right, it wasn't the "last" interaction with you, it was earlier, but either way it was certainly consistent with your habitual holier-than-thou attitude.

It's curious that you feel that PeteTheGreek requires your intervention because someone asked him to substantiate and explain his assertions. And for some odd reason you rationalize his impertinent remarks but save your scorn for me. Again, very much in character for you as a trolly kind of guy.

OK, you are right, it wasn't the "last" interaction with you, it was earlier, but either way it was certainly consistent with your habitual holier-than-thou attitude.

It's curious that you feel that PeteTheGreek requires your intervention because someone asked him to substantiate and explain his assertions. And for some odd reason you rationalize his impertinent remarks but save your scorn for me. Again, very much in character for you as a trolly kind of guy.
Do you mean Dash"Mellow" made a mistake...omg... tell the grammar/spelling monitors... that's unbelievable!

Once again, not to be redundant, but I found your comments and attitude towards a newer DCT member (@PeteTheGreek) to be very embarrassing... and to think that this "new member" had to "block you" because you became so belligerent.

Btw I found @PeteTheGreek 's comments and observations to be very informative and interesting. And if you didn't or don't, perhaps you should merely jump to another thread.

OK so I decided against hardwiring my front and rear dashcam.
I got two Nextbase 522GW Dashcams.
I then installed a standard 20,000AH Powerbank such as those for charging mobile phones I connected both dashcams to the Powerbank and I now have 24/7 recordings without worrying about flat car battery.
Set the dashcams to go into sleep mode when the car is stationary and your done.
I couldn't be happier.
@StrayCam Thank you for all your support. It's highly appreciated. Out of many ideas can come one superb idea. That's what these forums are about, sharing opinions and ideas in a friendly and non abusive manner. Allowing others to have opinions, even if they differ to ours. These are the ingredients of a brilliant forum.
Thank you @StrayCam I am here to stay

@StrayCam Thank you for all your support. It's highly appreciated. Out of many ideas can come one superb idea. That's what these forums are about, sharing opinions and ideas in a friendly and non abusive manner. Allowing others to have opinions, even if they differ to ours. These are the ingredients of a brilliant forum.
Amen and well said!!! - - Unlike this initial experience, you'll find most everyone on this forum to be very helpful and very nice!

Welcome aboard @PeteTheGreek!

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but when asked you should be able to support your assertions and offer details and facts if someone on a public forum disagrees. You did nothing of the sort other than to make baseless unsubstantiated claims. Perhaps you simply wish to be coddled regardless of whether what you are doing has been problematic and possibly destructive to the point where a company like Anker stops offering pass-through-charging in their powerbank products years ago and advises against it?

I repeatedly asked you identify which model RAVpower power banks you own (which would be printed on the product) to determine if they really have that feature, yet you refused. You refused to answer other questions about your set-up and your assertions and now you act as if that is some sort of attack on your character. Poor you.

Your know, for a guy who said you were going to ignore me you sure do get in my face quite a lot with adversarial posts this. You are a troll.

I'm sorry to hear that you are embarrassed, I just feel SO bad for you. :smuggrin:

You seem to have a problem with me but it's not my problem, it's your problem. For example, when you made such a nasty fuss when I felt that a commercial promotional video was posted to a thread intended for individuals to post their personal dash cam videos was inappropriate ( and @DashCamMan agreed) you seemed to want to initial a permanent adversarial relationship with me and that has proven true ever since. In stark contrast, the member who posted the video I thought was in the wrong place and I became DCT friends over the whole thing and since then we have had numerous enjoyable and productive interactions on the forum. To him it was no big deal and he agree that the video should not have been posted in that particular thread. It highlights the difference between people like him and people like you.
Dash"Mellow"- First of all, you seem to have a comprehension problem. I never said I would ignore all your posts; what I said was I "normally ignore" your inane posts on the thread, "Pics that Make You Smile".

But when you went overboard one day with your political posts, I could not simply, in good-conscience, ignore them! And as I said, the administrator quite appropriately removed your objectionable posts.

The "not so unusual thing" was I came upon @PeteTheGreek 's new thread (this thread) and was reading the information he and others were sharing. I found it to be very interesting.

The next thing I knew, in your normal "mellow"-style, you were bullying one of our newest members, @PeteTheGreek. As anyone who's been following this thread knows, you got into such a rage with this "new member" that he had to "block you"!

And btw, don't get worried; you are not now, nor will you ever be, a problem for me. You're just a DCT member who feels you are entitled to treat some members, new or long-standing, very poorly... normally when you disagree with them!

Last edited:
Excuse me @StrayCam!

Why exactly are you accusing me of making "inane" posts, but quoting @kamkar for his post: "I saw a failure video last night, in it was a drunk girl peeing in a toilet sink as the stalls apparently was occupied."

Obviously you are the one with a comprehension problem!..............That and the fact that you seem hellbent on engaging in further ad homonym attacks that will surely get yet another thread locked down for no good reason other than your habitual vitriol. It is ironic considering your allegations against me that you are the one behaving this way. But, that's what forum trolls like you do, I guess.

you went overboard one day with your political posts

Really? Because I posted two photographs of Ukrainian civilians who were willing to take up arms to defend their nation against a brutal invasion. Your self-righteous outrage seems woefully misplaced. Those were widely distributed images at the time that had gone viral and most people found those photos and others like them to be inspirational and heartening, considering the circumstances. Sadly, you on the other hand found them be "political", "overboard" and objectionable. Makes me question where your allegiances lie. Actually, I think we already know.

Let's break this down.

Dashmellow and I have been here many years and I believe he scans 'all new posts' at each visit to see what's going on across the board.

This method provides useful information about what's good and what's not so good and we try to advise, from experience, what to try or not to try when appropriate.

In this case we have both pointed out potential problems/future problems with the method suggested which has only been in operation 3 weeks.

DM has held his experienced corner against a new member so the insults have now drifted to other topics also dragging in another member who seems intent on revenge from previous posts.

Excuse me @StrayCam!

Why exactly are you accusing me of making "inane" posts, but quoting @kamkar for his post: "I saw a failure video last night, in it was a drunk girl peeing in a toilet sink as the stalls apparently was occupied."

Obviously you are the one with a comprehension problem!..............That and the fact that you seem hellbent on engaging in further ad homonym attacks that will surely get yet another thread locked down for no good reason other than your habitual vitriol. It is ironic considering your allegations against me that you are the one behaving this way. But, that's what forum trolls like you do, I guess.

Really? Because I posted two photographs of Ukrainian civilians who were willing to take up arms to defend their nation against a brutal invasion. Your self-righteous outrage seems woefully misplaced. Those were widely distributed images at the time that had gone viral and most people found those photos and others like them to be inspirational and heartening, considering the circumstances. Sadly, you on the other hand found them be "political", "overboard" and objectionable. Makes me question where your allegiances lie. Actually, I think we already know.

Excuse me @StrayCam!

Your rude, caustic comments have been reported to DashCamMan (DashCamTalk Administrator) This was not the first time I have reported you, and I'm fairly certain, it will not be the last time because unfortunately you cannot control yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back