Best Place to Buy?

mjlavorgna

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is the best site (amazon, ebay, etc) to get the best price for the real A119?

you'll do better buying on Amazon from a US based seller, might be a little dearer than buying out of China but the warranty and support etc are way better, look for a seller that is actually in the USA though as some of the Chinese sellers warehouse stuff in the US for faster delivery but still make you send any returns back to China

there are quite a few sellers that are locally based and on Amazon, @CaptureYourAction and @OCD Tronic are both members here that have Amazon stores and sell the Viofo products, along with Spytec, most of the other sellers you'll find are Chinese based

I am only seeing the SpyTec A119 on Amazon..is that the same thing? Is it a knockoff? https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01HMZVYLY
I bought mine from SpyTec on Amazon. When I turned cam on for the first time it booted up with SpyTec logo. Printed manual also has SpyTec logo.
I upgraded firmware right away to 2.02 and now cam boots up with VIOFO logo.

Question to jokiin:

Is it possible that VIOFO could make custom firmware for SpyTec with their logo?>

I emailed SpyTec for an firmware update they sent me the update and the SpyTec logo was gone and VIOFO appeared on the new download. Purchased the A119 on Jet.com and a Blueskysea 1pc VIOFO Official Polarizing CPL Filter Lens Cover for VIOFO A119 on Amazon.

As Foxoffer is owned by VIOFO, I don't think there's any better place if one has no option other than ordering out of China.

I bought mine from SpyTec on Amazon. When I turned cam on for the first time it booted up with SpyTec logo. Printed manual also has SpyTec logo.
I upgraded firmware right away to 2.02 and now cam boots up with VIOFO logo.

Question to jokiin:

Is it possible that VIOFO could make custom firmware for SpyTec with their logo?>
Spytec firmware is a little different, some default setting is not same.

I have a fresh batch of latest and greatest A119 on Amazon (FBA/Prime)

Anyone thinking of buying directly from FoxOffer.com using their 10% discount code should be aware that although the 10% discount is applied at the checkout stage ( e.g. $109.99 is correctly shown as discounted to $99.00 ) when you are sent to the PayPal payment page the price is increased back to the non-discounted price and you end up paying the full amount.
I have contacted FoxOffer.com via the "message" section of my order confirmation ( @viofo ) for a refund of $10.99...

Rm, what is the Disc code?

How much in £ was it in the end with postage?
Even with a 10% disc, does it make it a good deal?
Thanks
R

Back