Best place to mount A119V2 in 2021 Subaru Forester w/EyeSight

DRK

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 v3
So I searched all forums and got a variety of opinions. Just want to put this to logical end.
What is the best spot to mount A119v2 in a 2021 Forester w/EyeSight? We just got this car and it seems to be more of a computer than a car and a minuscule obstacle on the windshield allegedly interferes with the EyeSight technology and blah blah blah. My A119v2 still works just fine and I do not want to get another dashcam (unless that is the ONLY way).
So where should I mount it to A. continue getting decent images and B. not to disrupt the quirky EyeSight?

I thought I had a bookmark on this but I can't find it :( As best I remember you'll need to mount centrally,as the "eyesight' has 2 wide-angle cams and anything in their FOV will disrupt their operation. IIRC someone mounted their cam to the bottom of the sensor pod and it worked well.

If I can find that darn webpage with the diagram you need to see I'll post it here and tag you so the board notifies you.

Phil

IIRC someone mounted their cam to the bottom of the sensor pod and it worked well.
I'm one of those 'someones'. ;)

Back