Best place to buy? - UK

DavidUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of friends now want a A119 since I showed them my footage.

But I noticed Spytec has increased price from £59.95 two weeks ago to £72.95 now (non-GPS).

Where's the cheapest UK A119 purchase at present?

Thanks.

If you can speak to our Amazon.uk Boblov seller CS directly,we will offer your friends a special discount! ok?

@estore009 - thanks for that. Is there a special "password" I should use, or just refer them to this thread?

I showed my wife this clip this morning: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...f-with-insurance-companies.22212/#post-292460

A few weeks ago I showed her the online photo of the A119 and she said "I don't want one of those things hanging off my windscreen."
Then, when my A119 arrived she said "Oh... that's much smaller than I thought it would be."
And then this morning, after showing her the clip: "Get me one... NOW!!" :eek:

@estore009 - thanks for that. Is there a special "password" I should use, or just refer them to this thread?

I showed my wife this clip this morning: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...f-with-insurance-companies.22212/#post-292460

A few weeks ago I showed her the online photo of the A119 and she said "I don't want one of those things hanging off my windscreen."
Then, when my A119 arrived she said "Oh... that's much smaller than I thought it would be."
similar to my wife's experience. when i first got a dashcam, she said "we don't live in russia, ya know..." referring to the russian dashcam crash videos all over youtube. after i showed her some of the close calls captured on my dashcam that were obviously not my fault, and then having a few close calls of her own, she wanted a dashcam too.

Thanks for your share!
We made 5 special amazon coupon for your fridens,and send these code to your personal message,please check!

Thanks for your share!
We made 5 special amazon coupon for your fridens,and send these code to your personal message,please check!

Another coupon available - wanting to swap out my 0806, miss my old A118 :)

Yes I would be interested in a code for Amazon UK too, I run three older 118 in my cars and my main one is now playing up and not writing the final file so I guess the capacitor is shot/
Also the last one I purchased from overseas was faulty and in the end I gave up trying to get it sorted and the process for returns was a nightmare so that went in the bin, which negated the cost saving, at least buying via Amazon uk gives more peace of mind it there is a fault.
:)

I was told code had stopped - so ordered anyway

but went straight back - capacitor not working and corrupting last file, screen glare made the footage unusable - back to 0806 until a suitable replacement found

The non-GPS A119 I purchased 17th October from Amazon was £59.95:

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 11.46.36.png

Clicking on "Buy it again" brings up...

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 11.47.05.png

The coupon code very kindly sent by estore009 reduced their Boblov A119 on Amazon from £73.99 to £68.81, but, having bought one so recently for under £60 I wasn't sufficiently encouraged to buy another for my wife. Not sure if my friends have purchased. I assume not as they haven't asked any questions (probably just humouring me and thinking "why's he bought THAT?"

So, why has the price increased by over 20% in 4 weeks? Something to do with Brexit and the exchange rate? Will the price reduce again once the A119S is out, or just due to sales naturally tailing off after the initial fluffy of interest and with competitors catching up with similar technology?

exchange rate will have some effect on pricing, that said though costs have gone up as well so it's a double whammy

Back