Beta Testers Assemble!

JooVuu

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
Just a quick update, some beta testers have had their cameras sent to them and the rest will have theirs sent on Monday (there was a strange customs issue which we think is sorted now).

This means we should be getting lots of information to you from about Tuesday/Wednesday onwards. Blogs should be coming in a few days after that, and we'll be doing some indepth posts for you guys as well.

If you want to know anything just let us know!

Cheers,

Dan

Good luck with it all Dan, hope it goes well for you, I know first hand what a massive task it is

Cheers @jokiin i never quite realised how massive a task it is haha, if I had known would definitely not have jumped in like this, but here we are, and for what I hope will be a great camera. We'll see....we'll see.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers @jokiin i never quite realised how massive a task it is haha, if I had known would definitely not have jumped in like this, but here we are, and for what I hope will be a great camera. We'll see....we'll see.

Cheers,

Dan
The harder the work is, the better will the results be.
Best of luck!

Tracking indicate i will have mine no later than the end of tomorrow ( tuesday ), problem is DHL stop delivering stuff many houres before the end of the day. ( midnight )
Parcel is still in Hong Kong, but at least its on the kowloon side :p
Allso since it come from "out there" there will proberly be a tax / import duties problem, but lets see some times you are lucky and a parcel sail strait thry customs, even if it have a invoice saying inside is a item worth 3-400 US dollars :D

Danish customs,,,,, yet another thing here i absolutely dont get :rolleyes:
I am not expecting to get my hands on the X cam before wedensday, u know, expect the worst hope for the best.

Last edited:
@kamkar1 You can pick up the camera from the DHL depot if you would prefer, and we've made sure the customs is stated this has no commercial value due to it's nature of just a testing unit.

We're picking our beta unit up tomorrow. We think we have found a hardware problem already but should be very easy to fix. At the moment from testing in China everything is okay. The app is progressing nicely and we are starting to implement features sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

Dan

Sorry, I forgot to say. The problem is to do with the mic and placement (it would give a lot of static/white noise in the background), they've already done their magic and solved it but unfortunately we won't get the 'fixed' version until we get the 'production' version. However, this is only on one sample out of 3 that have been received and tested (7 beta testers still to get theirs), the manufactures, independent testers, and emmas. Only the manufacturers has this problem which made it a bit harder, but they think they've solved it, however, the testers may have this problem as well. We'll find out by about Thursday.

This version will be tested thoroughly and then we go to production (obviously). Our main focus for this camera is hardware, we've seen what happens when hardware is at fault with other cameras.

We've already done a LOT of testing and the hardware is pretty good, however, this has only been in controlled environments etc and not every day use, so we're holding our breath with samples that have gone out what the quality is like. Firmware can be upgraded and changed easily, hardware can't, so this is what we have to get right.

Cheers,

Dan

The problem is to do with the mic and placement...
Out of interest, your website says "Stereo microphone" in the specification, does it actually record the sound from the left and right of the camera in stereo and does it have a volume control?

Just coming to assemble.
DHL says my Unit will be here tomorrow.

To make sure i have instructed DHL to drop off the parcel for pickup at a local store, i have often experienced drivers who dident want to bother with the strairs up to my 2 floor apartment, so they just put a note in the mailbox saying they "tried to deliver" a parcel.
And sadly i am allways home when i have a parcel comming, its the flip side of not having a job.

And only problems if any with customs here is a time loss, i am used to dealing with those guys ;)

The other way i should get a text msg as soon as parcel is ready for pichup in the store.

I am all kind of ready here :D

Paied up DHL a couple of houres ago, now i just sit waiting for the code to go pickup the camera.

DHL made a additional 30 dollars for ther efford :D a small price to pay for living in the worlds best country ( irony ) :rolleyes:

Sorry, if Joovuu clearly stated to DHL that the package has no commercial value why did you have to pay something?

By the way, mine is still in Hong Kong.

There is taxes for everything here + DHL allso take a 100 Dkkr handeling fee customs or not.

I have not paied any customs, this is pure taxes and so forth

95 DKkr for sales tax on import ( based on price joovuu paied for shipping ) - customs 0 DKKr - and the 100 Dkkr handeling fee, in total just under 30 US dollars.

There is a multitude of reasons i dident vote in the election last month, the level of taxes and misuse of all the money they make is just one :rolleyes:
Denmark is really stupid.

Camera ready for pickup, so i am out the door for some testing :cool:

I will be back tonight with a lot of raw footage to download and youtube videos to look at ( proberly same footage )

My upload will work hard tonight, and thankfully there is no extra tax on that :D

Got the camera, though there's an issue with the app now (but that should be sorted soon), however, can still record videos etc without the app.

I have a 400w light and a surface thermometer (which unfortunately needs to be returned as it is faulty), so will get temperature readings probably end of this week.

Cheers,

Dan

Camera ready for pickup, so i am out the door for some testing :cool:

I will be back tonight with a lot of raw footage to download and youtube videos to look at ( proberly same footage )

My upload will work hard tonight, and thankfully there is no extra tax on that :D
So no sex tonight, much more important things to do...:)

Back in front of computer, but no joy so far as i havent recorded 1 second of footage.
I seem to need to connect to camera first before i can do anything, and acording to wifi settings on my tablet i can connect to the wifi of the camera ( named hh )
But the app dont seem to work on android 5.0

Aint done messing with it though :D but i have a sneaky feeling its one of those days where the count of gray hairs on my head go up and up :)

Camera also seem to be capasitor based ? wasent it supposed to have a battery ?? either that or there is somthing fishy with my battery.

Assuming you press Mode to get wifi on, but that seem only to work random here, but then again i might be wrong on that part, i have pressed many buttons and reset many times today so far :D

JooVuu mentioned- capacitor version... hence I looked up idea of thin cable for external battery ;)
As for app- it has been noted as there was issue.
What are appearance impressions? (you know- one pic, better than...)

Back