CYL JooVuu X Beta Unit 2 (Hat Cam is Back!)

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
I have been using my Beta 2 JooVuu X as a hat cam for a little bit, and wanted to share some video with everyone.

Here is a short clip taking a walk down the snack aisle in a super market.
2560x1080
HDR: on
Bitrate:15
FOV:120

1hG6c45.png

Here is an earlier shot with the FOV turned down a little because hat cam and fellow Subaru

How have you mounted the camera?
I may use the Nautilus on one of my older hats for recording my Drone flyings.
Maybe a screw type method works better for stability.

How have you mounted the camera?
mWcWgR3.jpg

L4b3XHy.jpg

Nz113SK.jpg

lugdOn9.jpg

Sorry about the dog hair. I sat down next to my dog and snapped a few pictures when I came in the door.
kPer4ov.png

The only thing I don't like about that mount is the camera sticking out.
A screw hole in the center may hide the camera completely and not look like a cyborg. :D

The last picture (of the dog) - Is there something on the lens? The quality is really bad...

The last picture (of the dog) - Is there something on the lens? The quality is really bad...

That's what I was thinking, if there isn't it may be white balance or bitrate problem.

Cheers,

Dan

The last picture (of the dog) - Is there something on the lens? The quality is really bad
It has been a bit foggy out. I'll take it with me when I go out later today and see what it looks like

Upon closer inspection it looks like the bit rate is really low. The second picture (Subaru) looks a little better...

Bitrate 15MB
FOV 155
2560X1080

That's terrible! :) There must be something wrong. The quality should be much better.

Looks like VBR still needs to go higher.
The trees don't have details that other Ambarella based cameras have and branches/leaves look fuzzy.

It's not actually 15mbs I believe but variable so the highest is 15mbs. This problem is known and will be solved. It was a stupid decision by me to try out but it will be solved very soon!

Some footage from today

Bitrate is now 23MB
HDR is on
FOV is 60 I think, can not recall for sure.

Last edited:
Leaving BestBuy and catching a Caddy parking right in the road.

How long does the battery last?

How long does the battery last?
No battery. I have it plugged into a USB battery pack. The pack sits in my pocket. It ran for about 2 hours this evening with no issue and ran a little bit earlier today too.

Hey @Sunny
I'll get some bitrate footage up today. It's wayyyyy better already on 23mbs and we've also made some IQ tweaks so should be much much better.

Hopefully push this to 25mbs for standard recording but have not done heat tests yet but from my initial (holding in my hand test) temperature is absolutely spot on.

Cheers,

Dan

Back