Blackvue DR650GW-2CH _ (Custom firmware)

Thank you so much for the timely reply! Great!

Alex, I know most of your market is in Russia, which is understandable with the number of dash cams there. Moreso, I speak zero Russian, so I have no room to judge anyone. Still, I think it would be very beneficial, not just for English speaking people, but for your self financially (with donations) to make this easier to install and easier to find on your site in English. This would truly help you!

Hi,

How do I get the firmware? I tried the links but cn not translate and seem to just get errors????

Use Google Chrome, it will auto-translate.

Web browse to http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php -> Register an account -> Wait confirmation of account activation from Alexsoll (send him a PM after you register) -> Sign-in -> Donate using the "DONATE" button (send Alexsoll a PM after you donate with the payment reference number) -> He will confirm access -> you will then have access to the hidden forum partition under the "DVR" section

Hi Guys, something strange happened! Updated camera to V1.003 from blackvue, as per instructions.
Now, I take the SD card from the camera and my mac no longer reconise the card, it says "Must inasalize card, ignore" so I format and put back in the camera. Camera says "Check SD card" contstantly! So I click the button to formt, card is formated etc, then Mac again can no longer read the card!!!!

Since upgrade to V1.003, I can no longer play videos on my Mac and no way I can do custom upgrade :0(

Hi All,

Managed to sort SD card issue out but now the wifi will not connect???
I can see the camera but it either says "Incorrect password" or "Unable to join network"
I have tried the original password of "blackvue" and the one I changed to when I first got the camera but neither work?

Hi,

I fixed it in the end, the wifi wasnt good enough, I moved into the car and its ok.
Struggling to get the time correct though.
Followed instructions, connected to camera via 192.168.8.1, first page has timezone as Europe/Belfast but system time is shoing 17;22 but the time is 13;51. I deleted everything in the system folder and record folder. Went for a short drive and the playback shows GPS etc but time stamp is still wrong?

OK, think I sorted most issues, lots of reinstalls, time etc.
Only thing I am not sure of, is the wifi speed? I see all the videos stored on the camera over wifi but they dont play back, a lot of buffering it looks like.
If I try copy, it seems to just delay. This is from the iphone app.
From the Mac, the web page (192.168.8.1) shows wifi at 54 mbs. is this ok or should it be different?

You can add ap_11n=1 into the wifi section in config.ini I believe.

I'm very interested to see if this works for you as my DR600 has awful wifi and am thinking of getting a 650 if the wifi works.

Don't make me laugh. It will not help. 600 And 650 different modules wi-fi

Is this correct?

From the Mac, the web page (192.168.8.1) shows wifi at 54 mbs. is this ok or should it be different?

Please take the time to read and understand the posts already discussing this subject. A lot of your issues you have had were documented in this post already.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/how-to-install-the-custom-firmware-1-5-to-dr650gw-2ch.9849/

9.0 Change the WI-FI to N speeds
Before you apply this change please make sure your laptop and smart phone support 802.11n before you apply this change. If your device(s) do not then you may (I have not tested this, it is only a warning) lose the ability to connect to the custom WEB GUI or connect via the Android/IOS app.

9.1. Connect to http://192.168.8.1:8080/custom/index.php
9.2. Open the SETTINGS tab
9.3. Under the WI-FI Settings tick/enable "Turn on IEEE 802.11n"
9.4. Save the settings and reboot the Camera.

NOTE: After changing to 802.11N the GUI on the INFORMATION tab will report the WI-FI RATE without any values. This is normal and confirmed by Alexsoll

Last edited by a moderator:
may be a daft question but i am a newbie. in the video clips at the beginning of the thread why do the lights an the rear of the Volkswagen appear to be flashing ??is it a camera fault ?

haven't seen it but if they're LED lights you will see flicker, it's too fast for the eye to see but it will show up on camera

Help how do i get the latest custom firmware ?
done the pm. and the donation can someone advise, that was 24 hours ago.

Post 43 of this thread

Use Google Chrome, it will auto-translate.

Web browse to http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php -> Register an account -> Wait confirmation of account activation from Alexsoll (send him a PM after you register) -> Sign-in -> Donate using the "DONATE" button (send Alexsoll a PM after you donate with the payment reference number) -> He will confirm access -> you will then have access to the hidden forum partition under the "DVR" section

Back