BlackVue Wi-Fi 2-Channel DR550GW-2CH

RichC said:
I have just received my DR550GW (English version ordered from Korea), not had much of a chance to set it up yet, but i have noticed that it appears to have a redesigned video cable to connect the cameras with right angle connectors. Hopefully this will resolve the issues with rear camera dropout that people have been getting...

Will post more info once i've had a chance to play with it a little (hopefully later tonight ;) )

Rich

Nice. Do you think you could upload that english firmware somewhere? =)

exhaustnote said:
RichC said:
I have just received my DR550GW (English version ordered from Korea), not had much of a chance to set it up yet, but i have noticed that it appears to have a redesigned video cable to connect the cameras with right angle connectors. Hopefully this will resolve the issues with rear camera dropout that people have been getting...

Will post more info once i've had a chance to play with it a little (hopefully later tonight ;) )

Rich

Nice. Do you think you could upload that english firmware somewhere? =)

Sure, if you can tell me how to do that...

How can i extract the firmware from the camera? Is this possible?

I have just received my DR550GW Korean version. Anyone knows to convert to English firmware and the viewing software in English? BlackVueSetup(HD)_E_v2.032 does not work with Korean SD card (BlackVueSetup(HD)_K_v2.034)

draja said:
I have just received my DR550GW Korean version. Anyone knows to convert to English firmware and the viewing software in English? BlackVueSetup(HD)_E_v2.032 does not work with Korean SD card (BlackVueSetup(HD)_K_v2.034)

You have been answered in your other multiposted question

draja said:
I bought in http://ohmyblackbox.com/index.php?id_pr ... &id_lang=1
Seller shipped fast and I received in 4 days.
Not sure if it matters or changable, but keep in mind:
BlackVue DR550 2ch WiFi 16GB Korean Ver.

Got my DR550GW in my car aswell now. Really happy with it so far.
2.jpg

3.jpg

http://suzukiblog.net/?page_id=9

Last edited:
Looks great! How did you connect the output of blackvue to your car display? Can you please explain? I have a Audi Q7 with navigation system and it would be nice if I can send the AV input to that like what you did.

Rich,
Can you please upload your English firmware of DR550GW in a dropbox or skydrive so that we can download? I have only Korean version and no idea how to turn on GPS and FHD.

draja said:
Rich,
Can you please upload your English firmware of DR550GW in a dropbox or skydrive so that we can download? I have only Korean version and no idea how to turn on GPS and FHD.

I can upload the firmware files to dropbox, but i've no idea how to extract the firmware files from the camera or even if this is possible - i don't beleive that they are located on the sdcard... willing to share the English firmware if someone can tell me how to do it...

Rich

Please copy all the folders and files from the SD card to dropbox. You can delete your personal driving videos from the 'Record' folder. If I format my SD card and copy all your files to my SD card, it should work fine. I will do the backup of my SD card and try. Definitely worth trying rather than being greeted / instructed by a unknown lady voice!

draja said:
Looks great! How did you connect the output of blackvue to your car display? Can you please explain? I have a Audi Q7 with navigation system and it would be nice if I can send the AV input to that like what you did.
Hi.
I use a tablet as a car display, and the Blackvue app. Read more about it here.

Last edited:
AMAZING work. Looks great. Do you have any suggestions to send the AVI to Audi 3G MMI

draja said:
Please copy all the folders and files from the SD card to dropbox. You can delete your personal driving videos from the 'Record' folder. If I format my SD card and copy all your files to my SD card, it should work fine. I will do the backup of my SD card and try. Definitely worth trying rather than being greeted / instructed by a unknown lady voice!

I don't think the contents of the SD card are going to help you, the folders of my SD card are as follows:

Blackvue
-----Application
----------Viewer for Mac
----------Viewer for Windows
-----Config - contains config.ini file with settings
-----Doc - contains manual for DR550 (pdf)
-----Record - contains recorded videos/files
-----Software - contains BlackVueSetup(HD)_E_2.035.exe (windows app installer)
-----System - contains logs files for recorded videos (with times/filenames etc)

As far as I can see there are no firmware files contained on the SDCard - I would imagine that this is contained on the flash memory within the camera and would need to be extracted somehow (if that is even possible).

Rich

Anyone with a DR500 or DR550, heads up...I just updated my iphone to ios7 and now I can't save the files to my phone through the blackvue app.

A next milestone towards to a custom firmware for BlackVue DR550GW-2CH is achieved.
A new core based on the Linux kernel v2.6.35.7 is compiled.

The custom core differs from the stock core by Pittasoft by the following:
- it has been cleared out from unused drivers, file systems, etc. (that brought a reduced size, and a higher boot speed);
- exFAT support is implemented (based on Samsung source tests);
- Wi-Fi adapter (RTL8192) driver is updated to the most recent (v.3.4.4);
- CIFS (SMB) support is enabled (that will allow to share/mount of directories via CIFS/Samba);
- Hisilicon Watchdog and Hisilicon RTC drivers are added.

Now the core is actively tested by our beta-testers.

Kind Regards,
http://car-dvr.info/forum

That's excellent news!
Can't wait to try the custom firmware for the DR550GW when it's finished..

Is the new firmware a completely rewritten application or a modified version of pittasoft's origional firmware?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

Likely to be rewritten all over again, from pittasofta nothing left.
But this is in the future plans.

Kind Regards,
http://car-dvr.info/forum

I would imagine that you could use the DR500GW custom firmware as a starting point - is there much difference hardware wise between the two cameras other than the extra video input?

Less of a wide angle for the lense (makes it easier to read license plates).
Less bitrate due to having to store 2 feeds on one memory card (they need to let you adjust the bitrate and hopefully someday support 64gb cards.)

I would imagine that you could use the DR500GW custom firmware as a starting point - is there much difference hardware wise between the two cameras other than the extra video input?

Back