Blueskysea B1W dashcam

For a temporary second mount, I found that the B1W fits the base plate of a standard helmet mount.
IMG_20171207_091148601-01-01.jpeg

IMG_20171207_091244038-01-01.jpeg

It just needs a bit more DIY to get the mount plate out of the corner of the field of view. The fit is actually very good.

Hi all
Am looking at getting a second B1W for our other car but they are no longer for sale on Amazon UK and I cannot locate estsore009 on ebay (others are retailing it but all in China for the moment....)

Anyone else in the UK now recommended?

I'll tag @estore009 for you- they are a member here and can answer your "where to buy in the UK" question better than me.

Phil

Hi all
Am looking at getting a second B1W for our other car but they are no longer for sale on Amazon UK and I cannot locate estsore009 on ebay (others are retailing it but all in China for the moment....)

Amazon UK out of stock,and if you can wait it for few days :)

Hi all

This is where I got mine.. arrived in 2 weeks. I think this seller is associated with estore009

Ordered another B1W from the approved Amazon seller today for install on my car next weekend.
Will share a photos of the install on both mine and my wife's car (when it stops raining)

Cheers

I just received mine from Amazon US and I'm looking forward to the install.

I was pleased that you can change the wifi password from the generic one, and you can also rename the wifi signal. It didn't mention that in the paper manual. So keeping the wifi on isn't that big a deal.

Is there a way to reset the password in case you forget?

I just received mine from Amazon US and I'm looking forward to the install.

I was pleased that you can change the wifi password from the generic one, and you can also rename the wifi signal. It didn't mention that in the paper manual. So keeping the wifi on isn't that big a deal.

Is there a way to reset the password in case you forget?
You should remember its password once you changed it :)
Anyway,please contact us for firmware to reset password if you forget password;

You should remember its password once you changed it :)
Anyway,please contact us for firmware to reset password if you forget password;

LOL yes, the password should be remembered =).

Is the firmware the same one as the stock one? Or is this a special reset password firmware?

LOL yes, the password should be remembered =).

Is the firmware the same one as the stock one? Or is this a special reset password firmware?
Special firmware to reset default SSID & Password 1234567890;

Just wanted to say how please I still am with this little gem of a Dashcam. Had a weird incident on Saturday last weekend where some complete Muppet decided to brake test me at 70mph, luckily I managed to emergency brake and avoid a serious accident - I have posted the incident on the own videos section on this forum. The footage would have been invaluable if the worse had happened.

Leading on from the video footage I posted. You can see the date is showing 2015, even though I would have sync'd the date/time to my phone at sometime previously. Admittedly, I dont have the camera connect to my wifi as it interferes with an application I run for work and also Waze navigation.

Anyway,,,, Should the date not be remembered by the Dashcam after the initial sync with the phone time ? Or does it depend on a wifi connect each time you start the camera up, so it can sync time/date ?

Leading on from the video footage I posted. You can see the date is showing 2015, even though I would have sync'd the date/time to my phone at sometime previously. Admittedly, I dont have the camera connect to my wifi as it interferes with an application I run for work and also Waze navigation.

Anyway,,,, Should the date not be remembered by the Dashcam after the initial sync with the phone time ? Or does it depend on a wifi connect each time you start the camera up, so it can sync time/date ?
Yes, the camera should remember the date and time from one day to the next. I have Wi-Fi turned off and my B1W always keeps time.

Have you updated the firmware since setting the date and time? That often causes the date to be reset on all my cameras.

Hi TonyM. Where did you find this one???

For a temporary second mount, I found that the B1W fits the base plate of a standard helmet mount.
View attachment 35845

It just needs a bit more DIY to get the mount plate out of the corner of the field of view. The fit is actually very good.

Hi TonyM. Where did you find this one???
It's one of these - there's lots to choose from on eBay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2824343063561517825379238.png
I get three uses out of just one of these:
1. The base plate can be a spare mount for the B1W
2. The adjustable tripod mount is a very good compact screen mount for any action camera
3. The velcro strap is good for holding a Mobius or similar camera cradle on my quadcopter

Sorry TonyM I meant the alternative mount for the b1w??

Back