Blueskysea B1W dashcam

Should the date not be remembered by the Dashcam after the initial sync with the phone time ?
My B1W lay at home without connection from 19.01, today I connect power and he started to record video. The date and time showed correctly, the dashcam saved the settings for almost 17 days

My B1W lay at home without connection from 19.01, today I connect power and he started to record video. The date and time showed correctly, the dashcam saved the settings for almost 17 days
17 days is rather good for a capacitor-based camera to remember the date/time - unless there's a separate clock battery on board which does not rely on the capacitor?

17 days is rather good for a capacitor-based camera to remember the date/time - unless there's a separate clock battery on board which does not rely on the capacitor?
I did not find the clock battery inside :)
B1W_inside_1a.jpg

B1W_inside_2a.jpg

Last edited:

did you remove the card and check time and date or check via wifi?

I think you have to press the time sync. button in the app to correct the time, so it doesn't matter if wifi was used.

I think you have to press the time sync. button in the app to correct the time, so it doesn't matter if wifi was used.

most of these apps will auto sync as soon as you connect so you know what I was getting at anyway, 17 days retention is pretty good if just off the caps

most of these apps will auto sync as soon as you connect so you know what I was getting at anyway, 17 days retention is pretty good if just off the caps
Yes, but it does have the GM processor, it may last considerably longer than with the Novatek processors used by nearly all other supercap cameras. Also different types of supercaps can have very different leakage currents, a low leakage type could give a couple of extra weeks compared to some standard ones.

Yes, but it does have the GM processor, it may last considerably longer than with the Novatek processors used by nearly all other supercap cameras. Also different types of supercaps can have very different leakage currents, a low leakage type could give a couple of extra weeks compared to some standard ones.

I think the time has more to do with how it was built, the only other product that is similar in spec is the Mobius but it's really a battery design and caps were an afterthought

I just put the power on the B1W, waited a while, until a few video files were recorded, then I took out the card and watched the video on the PC

Hi all
I now have the B1W hardwired into both the 2011 Nissan Qashqai (aka the Rogue in N America I believe) and 2012 Mercedes E350 Coupe
Qashqai was a doddle
MB less so, but its done and working fine

I have posted a thread on a couple of the MB forums in the UK
Here is one of them - the detail and a few photos are on post 33 (dated today)
MB B1W install
As you may need to be logged in to see the photos, I will attach a couple of the finished job
This is a good low profile dash cam.

PS out of stock on Amazon UK now
Hi Vicky, does this indicate sales are going well (and when are you getting more over here as I have already been asked....)?

Attachments

• DSC_0405.jpg
    DSC_0405.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0396.jpg
    DSC_0396.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 69
  • fuse box.jpg
    fuse box.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 70
Thanks for your post here!
Yes,its UK warehouse out of stock now,and the new batch will on the way to local UK warehouse after CNY holidays!

Good auto exposure in the snow, interesting that the white balance doesn't try to adjust until it decides that it is night time and then makes a big change, probably a good thing.:

Just fantastic! :eek: B1W - 20 days without power supply!

Power supply was not connected to B1W from February 12 to March 04 - all passed 20 days. Time and date remained correct. The discrepancy for this period is 37 seconds.

On my smartphone, where the application B1W is installed, the time corresponds to the time on the PC (on the PC screen this time is displayed), previously the time on smartphone was synchronized to the nearest second using the ClockSync program.

PS: Chinese New Year, holidays and waiting for news from estore009 helped make this test...:D
DCT Screenshots 12.02---04.03.18 B1W.jpg

Time synchronization occurs automatically when you connect the application installed in the smartphone to the B1W.
The dashcam B1W was disconnected from the power supply on 12.02.18, the next switch with power supply - on 04.03.18 - after 20 days.
During this time, the date / time settings were not lost and were stored in the B1W, the discrepancy with the exact time for 20 days was 37 seconds. (the dashcam's clock "went" forward).

The application was connected to the B1W at 17:24:05, the synchronization of the time occurred immediately (the sound of a click on the smartphone is audible).

Time synchronization occurs automatically when you connect the application installed in the smartphone to the B1W.
The dashcam B1W was disconnected from the power supply on 12.02.18, the next switch with power supply - on 04.03.18 - after 20 days.
During this time, the date / time settings were not lost and were stored in the B1W, the discrepancy with the exact time for 20 days was 37 seconds. (the dashcam's clock "went" forward).

The application was connected to the B1W at 17:24:05, the synchronization of the time occurred immediately (the sound of a click on the smartphone is audible).
So what is the time sync button for?

(Not saying you are wrong, mine appeared to do the same yesterday.)

So what is the time sync button for?
(Not saying you are wrong, mine appeared to do the same yesterday.)
to do it manually if needed I would think
I agree, for synchronization in the manually, probably in the first initial firmware was not made automatic synchronization

Hi Vicky
Some friends are so impressed with the B1W that they are looking to buy, but it's not listed on UK Amazon now?
Do we have to go into eBay and buy from a non official seller?

Back