Blueskysea B1W dashcam

@estore009
Hi, do you have any update on the loop recording single file duration issue?
I am experiencing the same as Marc S-H - irrespective from the settings, I am getting 1min videos.
I would much better prefer 5 min loop recording as I hate browsing through dozens of files while searching for something very particular.

p.s.
do you have any specific desktop 'viewer' software available for B1W?

do you have any specific desktop 'viewer' software available for B1W?
Recommend you VLC media player.
I am experiencing the same as Marc S-H - irrespective from the settings, I am getting 1min videos.
Can you tell me its APP version and camera firmware version to you,so we can have a try to re-act this problem!

App 1.7.1, fw v1.06.180103s
Exactly same symptoms as described here:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blueskysea-b1w-dashcam.31173/page-13#post-397298

Actually, going back to my Post #257 - I tried today setting the camera again to 5 minutes and then to 3 minute recordings and now they appear ok!!
:)
This I thought was weird with a capital 'W'!

What I did, is connected my Android tablet via WiFi to the camera using the app, then went into the settings, changed the record timings to 5 minutes, and then started the camera recording from the app.
I then left the camera running.

Screenshot_2018-04-15-10-29-26.jpg

After a while I started up the app again, stopped the recording at about 12:27/12:28 and changed the record timings to 3 minutes, and then started the camera recording from the app. I then left the camera running.

Screenshot_2018-04-15-12-28-14.jpg

These are the results:

Recordings.jpg

So it could be that maybe I did not start the recording once I changed the record timings.
Maybe starting the camera recording from the app is what is required. - I dunno! :confused:

PS. @Dusha999 - should be Mark S-H not Marc S-H
cc. @estore009

Last edited:
So it could be that maybe I did not start the recording once I changed the record timings.
Thanks, I'll try that sequence.
Sorry for the typo :)

Can you tell me its APP version and camera firmware version to you,so we can have a try to re-act this problem!

Ok, it seems solution from Marc S-H works.
If you change settings and start recording, it seems to activate properly.
Before I was just quitting the settings and app and shutting down the dashcam without forcing in app recording.
In that case app was showing 5 min but recording was made in 1min increments

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

I had same result with a new B1W and wrote to ESTORE. They referred me to Mark S-H's message. i tried it and now have the camera recording in 3 minute sections and not the default 1 minute. Thanks to all.
Jack

I left my B1W connected to a powerbank today to see how long it can record continuously whilst parked.

I used a small Anker Powercore Mini 3350mAh powerbank, which powered the camera for 7hrs 30min, almost the entire day parked at the office. I had a USB meter logging the test, which shows that a total of 2007mAh was consumed by the B1W. Thus the average power consumption of the B1W was 2.007Ah/7.5h = 0.27mA

I intend to run 2x B1W cameras in my side windows. When parked, I will be using a 20,000mAh powerbank to run both of them. Assuming the same efficiency (60%) as my old powerbank, I estimate I can get (2007/3350)x20/(2x0.27) = 22 hours recording time.

At an average 12.3Mbps over 22 hours, the B1W will write 119GB of video. However the maximum supported card size is 64GB, which is enough for 11.8 hours.

1523913540400.png

I intend to run 2x B1W cameras in my side windows. When parked, I will be using a 20,000mAh powerbank to run both of them. Assuming the same efficiency (60%) as my old powerbank, I estimate I can get (2007/3350)x20/(2x0.27) = 22 hours recording time.

At an average 12.3Mbps over 22 hours, the B1W will write 119GB of video. However the maximum supported card size is 64GB, which is enough for 11.8 hours.

View attachment 37491
I got 54 hours from a 20,000mAh powerbank with 1 B1W. There is generally a smaller % unused capacity in larger banks so you should do a bit better than with a small one.

Do we know what the maximum card size actually is? Normally dashcams work with larger cards than specified, but this has a different processor to most...

A user told me it can work with this Samsung EVO plus 128 GB. When the card is full, the overwriting works! Used 71,6 GB of memory card, the rest - in reserve for protected files!

I find it interesting that the B1W firmware lets us choose a maximum size for the saved event folder. Are there any other cameras that can do this?

can't recall the model as it was a few years ago but there was a Korean camera that had this option, not something I've seen recently though

I already had a 20,000mAh power bank when I recently bought a B1W and wondered about providing the power for the camera directly from the power bank. I also considered a second connection for parking use. This recent correspondence is very interesting. What I now need to know is the best type of USB switch so that I can easily change from driving mode to parking mode.
There's an interesting USB switch by UGreen on Amazon which can change from two USB in to four USB out by simply pressing a button. Has anyone experience of this or something similar?

I find it interesting that the B1W firmware lets us choose a maximum size for the saved event folder. Are there any other cameras that can do this?
Personally I find that frustrating, given the fact you can't decrease the minimum limit below 30%.
Which means that at least 30 % of the card capacity is not used in most cases (reserved for event recordings).

Why care? In case of event, file should be saved and not overwritten.
In case if full card is filled with event recordings, it stops (recording new files, unless cleaned), or starts overwriting oldest event files.

I would rather think of this 'feature' other way around, like control maximum space emergency recordings could take from the total card capacity leaving the minimum at 0%.

Weird. I hope this would be improved in future FW releases, along with better parking mode logic (based on G sensor readings, as discussed in tge the parallel thread)

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Back