Blueskysea B1W dashcam

I bought the B1W from estore009 on ebay. I have a Tesla Model 3. The Model 3 has front 2 USB ports. When I plug B1W into the front USB port, the B1W detects an SD card but does not start recording. However, when I plug into an external battery, B1W records.

My assumption is that the Model 3 is treating the B1W as a flash drive (for playing MP3 files) instead of providing power only. Can you create a new firmware that disables flash drive mode? Otherwise I can't use the B1W since the cigarette port is too far and my USB cable I bought is 10 feet only.

Pretty sure both those ports on the tesla only push out 1A which isnt enough for the camera.

My assumption is that the Model 3 is treating the B1W as a flash drive (for playing MP3 files) instead of providing power only. Can you create a new firmware that disables flash drive mode? Otherwise I can't use the B1W since the cigarette port is too far and my USB cable I bought is 10 feet only.

just buy the appropriate USB cable to power it correctly, they're not meant to be powered from USB ports in the car, they're underpowered

Pretty sure both those ports on the tesla only push out 1A which isnt enough for the camera.
just buy the appropriate USB cable to power it correctly, they're not meant to be powered from USB ports in the car, they're underpowered

incorrect. they push out 2.0A . I've already tested it.
i'm using the same cable as I tried with the external battery. power isn't the issue.
see photo:IMG_7506.JPG

the problem is that the Model 3 front USB ports treat the devices as "media players".
I've plugged the same wire in the rear USB ports (which the car doesn't treat as media players) and the camera works fine. I've tested front and back usb ports and they both can provide 2.0A.

Last edited:
so you want them to disable the mass storage capability of the camera so that you don't need to buy the appropriate cable?

Just use a charging only cable, with no data lines, then it can't go into mass storage mode.

It only uses about 1 watt, one of the most efficient dashcams.

so you want them to disable the mass storage capability of the camera so that you don't need to buy the appropriate cable?

they should disable it by default anyways. i spent nearly 2 hours figuring out why my wifi password (for connection via app) no longer worked. i tried the password reset firmware multiple times, did not work. found out it's because if you connect it to a mass storage, no matter what password you put in, wifi will never connect. this wasn't mentioned in the manual at all.

solution: have an option in the app to switch it on or off.

we already have a way to take out the card, and a way to view clips in the app. these two are far more likely the course of action for users than either bringing your laptop into the car or taking out the camera completely from the car to bring home to copy clips.

Last edited:
Just use a charging only cable, with no data lines, then it can't go into mass storage mode.

It only uses about 1 watt, one of the most efficient dashcams.

which brand are you recommending? anker doesn't seem to make 10 feet cables that don't have data lines. some of these other brands don't state if they're charging only or if they're charging+data. can i use a datablocker adapter?

last usb cable i used in the car didn't really last long

Last edited:
they should disable it by default anyways.
Thanks for your suggestion, we did ask my team to do it a few days before!
which brand are you recommending?
And please PM me your shipping address, and I will ship this special cable to you after they made it!

I bought the B1W from estore009 on ebay. I have a Tesla Model 3. The Model 3 has front 2 USB ports. When I plug B1W into the front USB port, the B1W detects an SD card but does not start recording. However, when I plug into an external battery, B1W records.

You need to use a different cable.
The firmware is not related to the cable. You need to use a cable that is only used for charging, not for data transfer

I agree with @Nigel and @Leonauto. You would get the same result if you plugged almost any dashcam into a data USB port with a data transfer cable. Do you have a micro USB charging-only cable from a mobile phone that you can try?

rare to get a cable that is charge only with a phone
Yes, I suppose that's true. My charge-only cables are additional ones I have bought, primarily longer ones for dashcam use.

which brand are you recommending? anker doesn't seem to make 10 feet cables that don't have data lines. some of these other brands don't state if they're charging only or if they're charging+data. can i use a datablocker adapter?

last usb cable i used in the car didn't really last long
Normally easier to use a 10 foot USB extension cable and then whatever special cable is required on the end, makes it easy to swap between micro USB and mini USB cameras, and also makes it easier to find a good quality cable with thick conductors for power.

Personally I often use the mass storage mode, so disabling it should be an option, not a complete removal! I find it easier to take the camera into the house than take the SD card, and then it is easier to plug the camera into the computer than use a separate card reader.

Probably a better idea would be to get a dedicated hard-wired kit with a Micro USB connector and hard wire the camera into the vehicle, this way you can forget all the cable issues and you should not have connection problems.

I'm planning to buy B1W, any news on audio problem? Will it be fixed with new firmware or it is better to wait a new hardware revision?

I'm planning to buy B1W, any news on audio problem? Will it be fixed with new firmware or it is better to wait a new hardware revision?
What audio problem are you referring to?
Can you include a link to the post?

What audio problem are you referring to?
Can you include a link to the post?
When drive at high speed or while driving on a dirt road / gravel road, low-frequency noise leads to distortions when recording sound. In other cases, the sound is recorded well.

This is a hardware problem, changes in the firmware did not produce results and improvements. In new production batches, they planned to replace the microphone.

We replaced the microphone already.

You need to use a different cable.
The firmware is not related to the cable. You need to use a cable that is only used for charging, not for data transfer
They also make a 'data blocker' USB A adapter......will convert the port to power only......

Has anyone had playback from the app in iOS have a weird slow framerate?

I just installed this camera yesterday and all works well except when I play videos back from the camera. The framerate is fine at first then slows and is kind of jumpy.

Back