Blueskysea B1W dashcam

A bargain indeed :)
I'm looking after a good day&night video quality . The DDPAI seems to be a good option ,but if the B1W gives more or less the same quality for less money , B1W would be my next dash cam.

One thing bothers me, do i need to push ON\OFF every single time i turn my car On or Off
connecting the dash cam to ACC isn't enough ?

Does the device tends to get worm when staying in the car all day ?
The weather in Israel to pretty hot ( for instance today is +23 deg C outside )

Last edited:
One thing bothers me, do i need to push ON\OFF every single time i turn my car On or Off
connecting the dash cam to ACC isn't enough ?
I don't and it works fine, I only use the button to lock files and to turn the Wi-Fi on/off, it is a very nice button!

If you want to use the parking mode then it seems you do need to press the button, I haven't investigated that feature.

As an accident camera it does a good job and so far has been reliable. It is cheap for a reason but it also seems great value if all you want is an accident camera.

@Octavia Thanks for inquiry,yes,B1W is very simple to operate!

Low power processor doesn't allow the dash cam and its components to get too worm
am i right ?
As i mentioned, the weather in my country is pretty hot, i'm looking for a dash cam which will survive the extreme weather conditions .

Does the device tends to get worm when staying in the car all day ?
The weather in Israel to pretty hot ( for instance today is +23 deg C outside )
Of course it gets a bit warm like all dashcams, but it is one of the lowest powered ones available and has a super capacitor so should be one of the best for hot places. Can't be sure until it has been tested over a summer though...

My IR thermometer says it is quite good unless the Wi-Fi is on, then it gets to similar temperatures to other dashcams. Currently the wifi defaults to on which is not good, hopefully that will be fixed though.

@Octavia It passed extreme weather lab testing,and please PM me your email,we will send you this testing photos!

As an accident camera it does a good job and so far has been reliable. It is cheap for a reason but it also seems great value if all you want is an accident camera.

I think that was the intent of the design, and done at a budget price. Much simpler and sleeker than the G1W-S which has a similar design intent with the same Sony sensor at a similar price, and the B1W has wifi which the G1W-S doesn't. It must be kept in mind that this is 'economy grade' stuff and thus naturally won't compare with expensive cams but it seems to do very good vids for it's price. I think I'm going to like it a lot once mine arrives :)

Phil

Of course it gets a bit warm like all dashcams, but it is one of the lowest powered ones available and has a super capacitor so should be one of the best for hot places. Can't be sure until it has been tested over a summer though...

My IR thermometer says it is quite good unless the Wi-Fi is on, then it gets to similar temperatures to other dashcams. The wifi defaults to on which is not good, hopefully that will be fixed though.

I assume the Wifi can be turned off using the app ?
High quality dashcams like Xiaomi Yi or DDPAI receive updates quite often i hope that B1W will be updated in the near future as well .

High quality dashcams like Xiaomi Yi or DDPAI receive updates quite often i hope that B1W will be updated in the near future as well .
You turn the wifi on/off using a long press of the button, turning it on using the app would be difficult!

Unfortunately at the moment wifi turns back on next time it gets power, but I expect there will be a firmware update, especially if everybody asks for it!

What's the benefit of turning off the wifi on the camera?

What's the benefit of turning off the wifi on the camera?
Uses less power so generates less heat, so will survive mid summer sunshine better.
Uses less power so won't drain you car battery so fast if used while parked.
Doesn't use up wi-fi bandwidth, slowing down the wi-fi in every house you drive past!
Doesn't look an attractive place for your phone to connect to when you really want internet access.

Imagine living next to a car park with 500 cars parked in it, each with front and rear B1Ws all talking wifi, that is 1000 wifi access points you have access to, all reducing the available bandwidth!

Doesn't look an attractive place for your phone to connect to when you really want internet access.
I've found that one of my phones auto-connects to the B1W every time I drive, when I really want it to pick up 4G data for traffic information - I use my phone as a satnav. I'm currently using another phone, and at least that one will only connect to the B1W when I tell it to.

Bought one off Amazon but could not get it to connect to the app using the default password 1234567890 stated in the manual. Turned Bluetooth and G4 data off in phone in case of interference but no joy. Left with nowhere to go returned it for a credit.

Bought one off Amazon but could not get it to connect to the app using the default password 1234567890 stated in the manual. Turned Bluetooth and G4 data off in phone in case of interference but no joy. Left with nowhere to go returned it for a credit.
Was it just the app that would not connect to the B1W, or could you not connect your phone to the WiFi? Some phones complain if you try to connect to a WiFi network that has no Internet. I've connected two of mine to my B1W and they both needed extra steps to confirm that I wanted to connect.

Earlier today I did get the phone connected to the WiFi, but then the app would not connect to the B1W. I closed the app and removed it from the recent app drawer. Upon restarting the app it connected just fine.

@Ricam I am Vicky from Blueskysea,and you can PM me for more help if you like!
And sorry to hear that there was something wrong with my B1W dashcam,but please do not worry,we will solve it!
You can return it directly for money back,we respect your rights to do that,so,please return it for credit if you have no spare time to talk with me :(
Anyway,we wish you can give me more details for this problem,so i can have a check carefully to see if it was the hardwire problem or it was the APP problem?
Thanks for your time!
Regards,
Vicky

@Octavia Please check your email,we send my lab testing and photos to you already :)

but could not get it to connect to the app using the default password
If you have already installed the B1WCARCVR application on your device, try disabling the Internet / mobile application, sometimes, probably on some phone models, the first time you need to do this for Wi-fi connection with an unauthorized device.
It helped to connect on other dashcams, also working on wi-fi.

Mine connected to my home WiFi the first time I used it, so I drove the car to the end of the street and tried again. It then paired faultlessly and has done so ever since.

On my phone (Samsung S8) the visuals on screen are between 1 and 2 seconds behind "Live" if understand. Of course, you don't watch your phone while you drive...

It depends from the phone settings.
In the advanced settings of Wi-Fi, there is usually an option that is responsible for automatically switching traffic from wi-fi to mobile data, if there is no access to the Internet through the wi-fi network. This setting is called "auto switch"; in other phones it can be called differently.
To successfully connect, you must disable this option

Back