blurred image DR500GW

LeonDriver

Reaction score
After 10min. Runtime, the image is blurred. On the right side it is worst. The effect is rate at 5.0 pixels and pixel rate at 12.0.
Can anyone help me to fix the error.

Attachments

• first.jpg
    first.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 432
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 430
You seemed to mount the DVR quite far away from the front windscreen for some particular reason which may or may not be related to the blurred videos. Did your windscreen fog up on one side due to condensation buildup in the cabin? I suggest you try adjusting the DVR to another position closer to the front of the windscreen to see if it helps.

I have to test the camera already used outside, the same problem. 10 min - 15 min later the image is blurry.
I think the problem occurs when the camera is operating temperature.

In your second pic, it looks like the camera is focusing more on the foreground. Notice that the dash ornament is clearer in your second pic. Also, there is a bit of rain in your second pic, which is quite clear. My guess is it's simply changing focus.

Is this happening regularly, or is this an isolated incident? As Mitch suggested, you may try changing the mounting location.

Edit: mentioned wrong username. :lol:

Yesterday I disassembled the unit and remove the lens. Now everything is great. Let's see how long. :roll:

LeonDriver said:
Yesterday I disassembled the unit and remove the lens. Now everything is great. Let's see how long. :roll:

Any idea how to dismantle the the unit and remove the lens?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Mio, your not a pittasoft engineer or something are you?? you seem to know everything about these things.

:lol: :lol: :D
I am engineer-chemist by education.
And it's a hobby ;)

Will opening up help the blurred images problem? Coz it is out of focus.

Back