BMW and rear dash cam

arcticfire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just in case it helps anyone else, a Mini cam (not sure about other makes) will pretty much wipe out your radio signal if you fit it to the top part of your rear windscreen in a bmw (F30 not sure about others) due to the windscreen having the aerial integrated in it. Will be too obvious to outsiders to mount it on the high brake cover instead but a Street Guardian probably won't be so I think that's the way I'll go.

Just in case it helps anyone else, a Mini cam (not sure about other makes) will pretty much wipe out your radio signal if you fit it to the top part of your rear windscreen in a bmw (F30 not sure about others) due to the windscreen having the aerial integrated in it. Will be too obvious to outsiders to mount it on the high brake cover instead but a Street Guardian probably won't be so I think that's the way I'll go.

Have you tried already SG9665GC in your BMW as a rear dashcam with original power cable?

Not yet but the power light on the 0805 is doing some strange things so I'd like to replace it anyway.

Back