Bought a Dab205

Can you give me instruction link how upgrade firmware or just tell me here. thanks
Just copy and paste the .bin file onto your memory card. Put the card in the camera and then turn it on. It will ask you if you want to update firmware. Say yes, then it will update and shut down when it's done. Only takes about 10 seconds. Make sure you remove the .bin file from the card before you turn the camera on again or it will ask you to update again.

Just copy and paste the .bin file onto your Empty memory card

I have never had a problem leaving the folders on the card while updating the firmware.

Just copy and paste the .bin file onto your memory card. Put the card in the camera and then turn it on. It will ask you if you want to update firmware. Say yes, then it will update and shut down when it's done. Only takes about 10 seconds. Make sure you remove the .bin file from the card before you turn the camera on again or it will ask you to update again.

Just copy and paste the .bin file onto your Empty memory card

Thanks I successfully updated firmware.

How to change welcome photo on startup? if this is not very difficult.

I don't know and don't recommend users edit the firmware unless they really know what they are doing. Why do you need to change the picture?

I don't know and don't recommend users edit the firmware unless they really know what they are doing. Why do you need to change the picture?
becouse of dab202 and 205 have different screen size and picture is stretched

I wouldn't worry about how many they have sold of the DAB205's. Just make sure they have a good rating. They may have just started selling that model.

I wouldn't worry about how many they have sold of the DAB205's. Just make sure they have a good rating. They may have just started selling that model.

As a potantial customer I wonder;

1. The real difference between "re-branded" Dome Travel S8 and Dab205. Up to now, their boxes are different. No one is sure if the firmware or the processor or the main boards are different.
  2. Sustainable firmware upgrade source, as I have never seen szdome website to provide links to firmware upgrades,
  3. The main reason behind gearbest or geekbuying is not announced Dab205 so far.
  4. Thermal stability of Dab205 at summer conditions, as it has much larger holes on the front facing surface than Dab201

The only difference between the S8 and DAB205 is the box it comes in and the Chinese lettering on the front. The S8 will come with its own stock firmware version but you can install the DAB201, 202 and 205 versions. Firmware is usually readily available on this forum.

I'm not sure why it's not available at gearbest. Only a matter of time I'm sure. DAB205 neutral version has not been out very long.

So, you are the only one who purchase the item from this store. Is there any specific reason why you choosed this place? Is it because they sell re-branded item rather than white box? Because there are plenty of other stores that sold more than 5.

High rating of the seller and age of the seller's account, both suggesting I wasn't getting conned. This was after browsing Amazon for a long time and finding a ton of random cameras with fake reviews.

I was able to upgrade the firmware to 2385 (the most recent one linked on DashCamTalk). This added some menu features like mph/kmph and advanced camera features. No menu option for HDR (a feature I do care about) I guess it is automatic?

Not sure if it runs particularly hot, it has been in my car in some hot weather so far and not exploded I guess.

High rating of the seller and age of the seller's account, both suggesting I wasn't getting conned. This was after browsing Amazon for a long time and finding a ton of random cameras with fake reviews.

I was able to upgrade the firmware to 2385 (the most recent one linked on DashCamTalk). This added some menu features like mph/kmph and advanced camera features. No menu option for HDR (a feature I do care about) I guess it is automatic?

Not sure if it runs particularly hot, it has been in my car in some hot weather so far and not exploded I guess.

Thank you for your comments.

When I asked about thermal design, I did not meant explosion. For example, Xiaomi Yi Car DVR has this thermal problems and it lost focus in hot enviroment, as it is discussed here; https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/xiaomi-yi-dashcam-focus-problems.18360/

Also, the LCD screen lost picture quality, when exposed to hot conditions, as it is discussed here; https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/xiaomi-yi-dashcam-focus-problems.18360/page-3#post-241616

What I want to learn is if this type of problems also occurs on Dab201 and Dab205.

Last edited:
The only difference between the S8 and DAB205 is the box it comes in and the Chinese lettering on the front. The S8 will come with its own stock firmware version but you can install the DAB201, 202 and 205 versions. Firmware is usually readily available on this forum.

I'm not sure why it's not available at gearbest. Only a matter of time I'm sure. DAB205 neutral version has not been out very long.
so where is dab205 firmware? I have dab202 firmware now

Back