Bought a Dab205

Great stuff, great box opening, daytime/nighttime videos. Thank you. Seems like you did not buy GPS antenna or GPS is not functioning properly.

Did you try 2560*1440 resolution with 30fps?

Thanks. No I have no GPS antenna. I'll buy it later. later I'll post 1440P same video. Right now I have low capacity sd card and can't rip videos for long time.

Looks like it's better than the old one and NOT backward compatible. Thanks for sharing the info.

Most times poor suction cup adhesion has to do with a surface that's not thoroughly clean.
That said there are some "problem" situations that require additional help.
My solution, rather than applying tape to the suction cup is to get one of these then use the suction cup as normal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IKES3MU

How good is the new mount style?
I had garmin GPS with suction cup that would drop from the windshield when the car gets hot (I mean mid 90s not extremely hot).
Can I use double side 3m tape in the suction cup to make sure it stays there?
Remounting the suction cup from time to time is probably a good idea. If both surfaces are clean, it should hold very well. Iptelman's solution allows you to mount up in the dotted area of the windshield, which is nice. Gets the suction cup off the glass surface too, which probably helps the suction on the warmer days.

Hello

Who have new 2XX series dab dash cams with GPS module? Can anyone post here how many connection GPS module have ? two or three.

Hi I just bought a Dome 205 from Amazon, all appears to work well except for 1 thing.

I hardwired the camera with a permanent live feed. Works when driving then when I park up, ignition off, the camera waits for motion (the screen is off) after 10 seconds of recording it stops if no motion is detected. The screen then turns on, as if to alert me that MD has occured. Only thing is if that happens overnight the screen will be on all night, draining the battery and telling everyone there is a dashcam in the car.

I have now moved it over to a switched feed and when the ignition is off the camera is off and no motion detection works.

Am I missing something.

The seller also says there is no update from the A12-DT-A12a55-G-1908W firmware but you guys say there is.

Any help much appreciated its my 1st dashcam and 1st post.

Cheers

David

thanks captureyouraction the supplier said its very easy to brick a dashcam do you think it will be ok to put this on mine? have you done it before?

I will then need to wire it back again to an unswitched live feed and see if it works.

David

thanks captureyouraction the supplier said its very easy to brick a dashcam do you think it will be ok to put this on mine? have you done it before?

I will then need to wire it back again to an unswitched live feed and see if it works.

David
I put that version on all the DAB205's that I sell. It will fix the screen issue when using motion detection.
Updating the firmware is easy. Just copy the .bin file onto your microSD card. Some say to erase everything on the card first, but I've never had a problem leaving the folders created by the dash camera on there. Insert the card into the camera and turn it on. It will ask you if you want to update, say yes. When it's finished, it will shut down. The whole process is about 10 seconds or so. Remove the card and delete the .bin file, or else it will ask to update again. Put the card back in and start camera. That's it.

ok just updated and all appears to be working ok. I now also have MPH, a new start screen of a merc AMG maybe and a 'goodbye' screen. The are a few other extra points on the menu as well. I now need to rewire back to positive unswitched live feed to see if the camera will work on park mode.

A few quick questions - do I need park mode (for someone bumping me) and MD (for someone/ something passing the car) on at the same time. Also does the G sensor need to be on for park mode to work.

Final one what is split mode all about? Is that to allow the SD card to be overwritten once full by up to 5 minute segments? Without it on will the card fill up then stop recording?

Sorry for all the questions totally new stuff for me.

Kind regards

David

No problem. Glad it worked out.

I don't use parking mode, so others may be able to give you more/better details on that function. I would think all 3 would need to be on if you want it to function in that way.

Split recording breaks the recordings into more manageable segments. 3 min, 5 min...etc. Once card fill it starts to overwrite the oldest 3 or 5 min files.

Last edited:
You would need a Dome module. Don't think you can use any other brand.

I rewired my 205 tonight to live feed and it appears to be working perfectly, although need to drive it now and check it turns off etc. But trying it in the garage waving my hand in front of it, it records for 10 sec then it turns off once MD stops and it did not turn the screen on after that. I presume when I am actually driving the camera simply detects motion all the time and records rather than having the switched feed to turn the camera on and record. Tomorrow will tell.

Another we problem I think it will resolve is that the GPS takes about 5 minutes to aquire a signal when it is on switched. Hopefully with the camera being in MD mode it will continually get a signal. Again tomorrow will prove that. Really nice we unit would recommend it.

Thanks again

5 minutes seems a bit long. How is the placement?
I see anywhere from 15 seconds to maybe 2 minutes. Most times it's pretty fast.

Back