Bought a Dab205

have even turned off the parking mode now as every time I closed the door it started recording ! I really need to have a look at the footage on the PC to see how good / bad this camera is. On a 3" screen it looks pretty good and the HDR definitely helps in the sun that Scotland is getting at the moment. I only comment on that as its so bloody rare.

David

Hi David

After closing your door with this config... how long did it continue to record for?

Thanks

Dear All
I need help regards to my purchase of Dab205. I have purchase from ebay and I have problem switching on. It need to cool down for a few hours without inserting memory card before it can switch on. Is it a faulty set?

I'm using 32GB HC class 10 and another one is 64GB XC class 10. Am I using the wrong memory card?

a bad memory card could cause issues so always a good idea to try another, memory card and power supply are the two most common points of failure

of course it could just be a faulty camera but always best to try what you can to eliminate other possibilities

Thanks for the advice. I will try new memory first. Any memory card to recommend? My current memory cards has been used on my Anytek AT66A without any issue.

Dear All
I need help regards to my purchase of Dab205. I have purchase from ebay and I have problem switching on. It need to cool down for a few hours without inserting memory card before it can switch on. Is it a faulty set?
Are saying that the camera runs fine for awhile but then overheats and shuts down? It then takes a couple hours for it to cool down before it will turn on again?

Thanks Jokiin. Hi CaptureYourAction, my problem is when it is able to switch on, it run well, so far I have tried running for 12 hours in parking mode including 45 minutes of driving. Once I switch it off, I can't switch on again. I have waited for a few hours later, removed the memory card. With the memory card, the device feel warm even without power supply.

ok, if you don't use parking mode and you just have it working when the car is running how does it go then?

So your running the camera in parking mode for 12 plus hours? What kind of temperatures are we talking about? You may be running the camera beyond it limits.

I did the parking was yesterday 8.30am to 8.30pm. I switch off because I want to bring the memory card home to watch for the every first time. In the end, can't switch on again after I have switch it off, so I bought the advice back home. Today afternoon manage to switch on, so I bring to my car to test again. Now I can't switch on again. Now I'm confused, I think I will request for a exchange. If I did not switch off, I think it can still operate.

possible it overheated, if you want a camera to run all day while parked I think you bought the wrong camera

Yesterday was my first time using. Before that I have problem switching on even before I use it on my car.

May be a bad unit. Just make sure your using the proper power sources/cables. I assume it's pretty hot over there, especially during the day, so with your windows up it will be quite hot inside your car. Using a dash camera in parking mode, in those conditions, could be problematic.

I have use blackbue, itronics and anytek, never encounter problem. It maybe hard to believe, my cam ran 24hrs everyday, I used external battery to power it when on parking mode.

Hi CaptureYourAction
I have just returned my faulty DAB 205. I would like to try DAB 202 with CPL lens. Can you quote me the shipping cost to Asia, Singapore?

Back