Bought a g1w. Couple questions

speedster_chew

Reaction score
I recently bought a g1w off eBay. URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291026642255

Is this an authentic version or did I purchase a copy?

Anyway, I need to get a memory card for it. Is it okay to buy a 32gb microSD card and use the sd adapter card that comes with it? All of my current devices are microsd so if it came down to it the microsd card could be used one of my devices.

I am currently using a gopro hero 3 silver as a dash cam but its certainly not ideal.

The easiest way to check is to see what type of video file it produces. If it is a .avi, it is fake. If it is .mov, it is most likely real.

Also, doesn't the G1W/H/C all take MicroSD cards?

specification on your link appear to be an original one (one of few original version)
I have no problem with my 32 Gb class 10 samsung MicroSD

Okay thanks for the information. Most of the descriptions state the camera takes SDHC or TF. I haven't seen any mention of microsd. I know that once you stick a microsd card into the sd cradle it shouldn't matter but with these Chinese cams being finicky about memory I just wondered.

TF Card = MicroSD Card

I received my camera today and one thing I can't figure out is how to get the screen to shut off while I'm driving.

Anyone know?

Nevermind, I figured it out. I was looking at auto power off instead of screen protection. Sucks it has to stay on for at least 3 minutes. I'd prefer about 10 seconds.

Yep pain in the rear that's why I have ended up now looking for camera without screen. like Mobius or Innovv and others.

dpick1947

I'm of the same opinion - if the folks who write the firmware are reading this - please give us a 10 second "screen off" option when powering on. Having the screen on is incredibly distracting/bright at night, and makes the camera a "focus point" in the conversation, which I would rather avoid. :)

The easiest way to check is to see what type of video file it produces. If it is a .avi, it is fake. If it is .mov, it is most likely real.

Could anyone confirm this?
I have had my camera for about three weeks & it seems to work fine; however, it does produce *.avi* video files. Seems like a pretty good *fake*, but I am a noob to all this.

My camera produces mov files. The screen originally bothered me but since positioning it directly in front of the rear view mirror I cant even see the camera. So it doesn't seem to be as big a deal as I previously thought.

The listing mentions

MOV Video Format
Novatek 96650
The FaQ for the G1W also mentions the seller you ask about.

Everything about it seems like it is not fake, but i have not bought one from this vender. I have bought mine from Estore009 and it was the real deal. No issues with it other then it not liking Sandisk brand micro SD cards.

Check a file recorded by your camera in Registrator Viewer
avi files will not play at all (or at least the ones created by my real DVR-027 would not play)

Name Name of video
Duration 3:01
Date and Time 11/21/2013 11:25:27 AM
File Path to file on computer\video file name.MOV
MOV / MP4 / 3GPP2 03m01s
1: Video: AVC1, 11876kbps, 30.0fps, 1920x1080
2: Audio: SOWT, 512kbps, 1.0fps - SoundHandler soun
Size 289652459 byte (276.2 Mb)
Started 11/21/2013 11:25:27 AM
Finished 11/21/2013 11:28:28 AM
Duration 0:03:01.000

Last edited: