Bought GW 1 and not working properly

Hawggy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
G1W-H
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00FXIF12Q
Purchased this product and it arrived on Saturday March 1st. Took it out today and it worked fine till after about 2 hours...Froze up..Nothing on screen and red light was on..Pushed all the buttons..Nothing happened...Disconnected it and put it away..Tried it about an hour later..fired up fine and ran well for another 2 hours and shutdown again..same thing with the buttons..tried to hook it up to the computer..Nothing worked..

It has the 8 gig sd card that came with it...any ideas..do I have it on a wrong setting somewhere? I had it on the 3 minute loop and screen saver at 3 min for shutdown.

EDIT

After we got home the red light was still on..Once charge expired...hooked it up to Computer and it downloaded files...

Seems it stops working after 2 hours..either gets to hot or maybe a memory card problem???

Last edited:
What memory card and capacity / speed

Another question to ask is. Are you sure its an original G1W?

you might want to check usb cable in car..it could came loose from vibrations. try tape it and see...

atleast, g1w uses common usb ends...you can alway get another one cheap.

Blueskysea is a reputable vendor so you have a genuine G1W. You can also tell that it's genuine if the box is a 'Retail' box rather than just a plain box.

A loose USB connection is unlikely to be the cause since the device stops every 2 hours, a loose connection would not follow that precise schedule.

The red light indicates that the camera is turned ON even if the screen has been 'blanked'. It would turn OFF a few seconds after you turn OFF the ignition. Recording is identified by a Red Flashing Dot at the top of the screen (when the screen is not 'blanked').

Do you have Motion Sensing turned ON? That will Lock the files and will also turn the screen ON.
Do you have G-Force turned ON? That will Lock files but it will NOT turn the screen ON. (You can manually turn the screen ON by pressing either the Up or Down arrow keys on the left.) (If sensetivity is set to High, even small vibrations will activate the Lock.)
Do all or most the folder names end in "ABCDE"? If yes, the files within those folders are Locked and won't be deleted by the Loop function, so eventually there won't be any free space and the camera will stop recording even though the red light is still ON.

Did you Format the card before use? Or at any other time? In the camera or the PC?

What do you mean "Charge expired"?

J

I have reset all the values on the Unit and it appears to be working properly now over the last week or so. I also put in a 32GB Transcend micro card.

Thanks for everyones input on this problem.

Back