Bricked 0803, Won't Start Help??

If i plug it in to Windows, is it supposed to connect and attempt to install something? right now I get nothing. no windows sound when i plug in the Mini 0803, and the device itself is silent. when I rebooted it after it told me firmware update successful, it made the start up ding over and over again... after that i shut it down and since then I couldn't get it back on.

Last edited:
shouldn't try and install anything, Windows needs to be able to recognise the camera though

did you select the verify option when doing the update?

have you pressed and held the power button for 20 seconds afterward to soft reset?

i did not verify, didn't know how to.

I did hold it for 20 seconds i'm sure by now... does windows not recognize it when it's charging? I just saw windows recognizing it as a device but mini shut off... now when I plug it in it's just red indicating that it's charging.

the USB software has a verify checkbox

if you plug a regular USB cable into the PC does it recognise it or only charge?

got it, do i Upload or DOwnload?

nice got it! reverted back to elf and all is good. still fails to boot when i flash the 0611 any ideas!?

thanks again all i JUST got this in the mail today and i thought this was going to have to go back

The one that supposedly works. It was confirmed by others in the post

Thanks Tobi@s and Jokiin, I managed to fix my one.

I bought mine from E-Prance on Amazon.co.uk. GPS + 1 card, came with 20140507.

I can update to 0510 but 0611 is a no go.

Is there any explanation why 0611 won't work with ePrance 0803?

I downloaded it from tobi@s' page in his signature.

Strange.. The uploaded elf is from Foxoffer and should work. ll check that again.

You Need a MircoUSB cable with PIN 4+5 linked to recover it.
0803-burning.jpg
Is it the only way to shunt pins 4+5 ? Is there no way to do it on the USB-A side ?
Or easier to cut cable and shunt cables 4+5 ?

I've just discovered that a Micro-USB OTG cable has pin 4+5 shorted as well.

The easiest way is probably to use an OTG cable and an USB A Male-Male adpater ?

Will this work ? o_O

USB A - Male/Male
$(KGrHqR,!lIFHVyjQ-UyBR-NQjFo9w~~60_1.JPG

Micro USB OTG
index.php

That should work, yes

Yeah, that's what I used to fix mine.

@Tobi@s I tried all three of the 0611 files from your page and it failed on all of them.

It also failed getting back to 0507 a couple of times, which was worrying.

Back