Bricked 0803, Won't Start Help??

Hi All,

I have the exact same problem with a E-PRANCE 0803, I have made the cable and windows can see a device albeit no drivers, I need to find the DirectUSB for this Device (A7) All the DirectUSB apps I found do not support this device, if anyone can share this with me that would be gratefully appreciated.

I somehow bricked mine, but with help (ty jokiin) manage to unbrick it. Then i flashd 611 foxoffer firmware and was fine for a day, and then nothing, no boot, no new hardware in windows, nothing, just chargng red led...

Can i do anithing?

Last edited:
That's the state mine was in. Managed to fix it using the same method. Just make sure it's off off. Hold the power button for 15-20 seconds to reset it.

I and a few others can't find a compatible version of DirectUSB though :( do you have a copy Irononreverse?

That's the state mine was in. Managed to fix it using the same method. Just make sure it's off off. Hold the power button for 15-20 seconds to reset it.
I did that, and nothing, was holding it to 50s and more. And windows dosent recognise it.

Last edited:
i installed (Восстановление видеорегистратора) section http://datakam.ru/download/ as mentioned in page 1.
Install 32 vs 64 bit depending on your OS. i installed the 64bit since my Win7 is 64bit. this package seems to have necessary inf files for installing the Ambarella Evaluation Board once you plug in the Mini with a OTG usb cable.

but for actual flashing i used http://getwapi.com/down/view/rar/JLhZw7uTba/DirectUSB_Universal.html which has the a7 dropdown.

bottom line, if you don't see a Amba device detected when you try to Download, your usb cable is no good. my shielding was touching one of the solder joints and throwing everything off.

once I fixed the issue the Mini got detected by windows and ambrella eval board driver installed.

Some issue I've had with DirectUSB :

If Windows drivers don't install automatically, choose manual intallation and select the "DRIVER" folder provided with DirectUSB.

There is no use to run "DirectUSB" before driver installation is done correctly.

And to avoid headache, use OTG cable and USB-A Male/Male cable.

I cut cable back plug end with Stanley knife, soldered kynar wire between 4-5, sealed with sugru, install drivers manually (Say yes to not signed driver on Win 7, different process on Windows 8, use google).
Ran program, flashed and all working well :D

And you may need Microsoft C++ Redistributable Package 2010.
vcredist_x64 or vcredist_x86 if you get DLL not found errors.

Back up and running now under 0510. Used the OTG adapter and Direct USB Universal to flash elf and then 0510.

Windows 8, had to use advanced options to disable install of unsigned driver.

Thanks everyone

Reading this thread it looks like the moral of the story is do NOT flash your 0803 with the 0611 firmware or you will brick your device, maybe not straight away but give it time!

Im confused right now...

I didnt do anything exept leaving it on tabele for 24h, and just now, desperate, wanted to try one more time to revive it, and lol plug in otg usb and windows makes a sound, and im like wtf... flashd .elf now going back to eprance 507 :D

Just flash the 2card version and set card to outer card. Done and running 0611

Looks like the same has happened to mine. I tried the firmware update, it started updating then turned itself off. An hour later and I tried to turn on and it is a blue light with blank screen, hold for 20 seconds while plugged in and it turns red.

I will be ordering a OTG USB cable. :(

Which one did you flash? Single card or multiple card fw?

The single-Card Version seems to have Problem. Try dual-Memory next time

Hi All,

First post, I found this community when buying the 0803 last week, realised the bugs and apparent heat of the machine, so I thought a good firmware update would be a good idea (20140611) on my E-prance 0803.

This unfortunately bricked the device.

I have tried everything I can to fix, without having to ask the question here, but I am still struggling.

I have installed Direct USB with A7 board
I have installed (manually) the windows drivers & C++ Packs
I have a male to male usb & OTG cable
I can connect to my device in Direct USB,
f/w uploads seem to work in Direct USB
but no matter what f/w I seem to upload from Tobi@s site, nothing seems to work.

I am confused a little by the elf files (I presumed it was for flashing, so uploaded that first) then tried the original 20140507 from both Rusty's thread and Tobi@s site, but still nothing seems to work.

All i get is the blue light after restarting and nothing more.

Would appreciate any advice on how I can get it back working?

Thanks in advance

Back