Bricked B1W

I set it to 12.0v. If you think that's the issue, I could do the lowest setting?
Depends on charging system of battery car. If your car has a "smart charging", like many new cars today, the battery voltage could change between 12-15 v even during driving. In the case better to set hardware kit to 11.8 v.

... In the case better to set hardware kit to 11.8 v.

Okay thanks, I'll try that.

When I turned my headlights on with the car off for a bit, I heard the camera turn off, and my battery voltage was 11.4v due to them being on, and the camera did do the low brightness LED thing. I think this is the issue, but now we need a solution so that the camera turns off properly and starts up again properly when the voltage is good again.

If your car battery voltage below 11.4V, I think it will be dead very soon! And do not suggest you hardwire it for parking monitor!

That was with my engine off, and headlights + high beams on.
The hardwire kit will cut off the dashcam power automatically if it detects low voltage!

The hardwire kit will cut off the dashcam power automatically if it detects low voltage!

The problem is that the power doesn't completely cut off, the dash cam goes into the hibernation mode where it has to be unplugged and plugged in again to turn on properly.

The problem is that the power doesn't completely cut off, the dash cam goes into the hibernation mode where it has to be unplugged and plugged in again to turn on properly.
Hard to explain it clearly by me! I will have a check with my tech support!

Hard to explain it clearly by me! I will have a check with my tech support!

I think that's what is causing people to think that they bricked their cameras. It's actually because the car voltage drops too low for the camera, and it doesn't completely turn off, so it stops working properly instead.

I think that's what is causing people to think that they bricked their cameras. It's actually because the car voltage drops too low for the camera, and it doesn't completely turn off, so it stops working properly instead.
not exactly. The camera needs +5v power, so if your p/s can keep +5v stable in wide range of input voltage 12-15 v, should be ok for camera.

not exactly. The camera needs +5v power, so if your p/s can keep +5v stable in wide range of input voltage 12-15 v, should be ok for camera.
Agreed Kriot, I have had the bricked issue which occured when the device was connected to a stable 5v supply and trying to update firmware. That is now fixed, the subsequent problem occurs in a vehicle with the device plugged into the accessories socket, and occurs sometimes when starting vehicle

Agreed Kriot, I have had the bricked issue which occured when the device was connected to a stable 5v supply and trying to update firmware. That is now fixed, the subsequent problem occurs in a vehicle with the device plugged into the accessories socket, and occurs sometimes when starting vehicle
In such case I would replace the power adapter, delivered with camera for one, better quality . For example purchase from ebay Orico or Ugreen brands.

In such case I would replace the power adapter, delivered with camera for one, better quality . For example purchase from ebay Orico or Ugreen brands.
Ok, thank you, will try that.

This also happened to me and i’m wondering what I did wrong.
I downloaded the 0614s firmware file but there was only the one file, cardvr_img.bin but not default_cfg.bin as the instructions state. I just copied the cardvr_img file and started it up. Is that the problem, using a single file and not having the “default” file?

I have tried to use the fix from #43 several times but still no luck. The tool still just says “dev 1: waiting device...” and doesn’t run anything. I don’t even get a “device not recognized” message and I also don’t get any message from the computer in the bottom right corner.
I don’t read Russian so Leonauto can you walk me through the driver verification fix in English? I think the issue is that the computer doesn’t recognize the cam when it is plugged in. Either that or it is so thoroughly bricked that not even the fix tool can talk to it...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R B1W 10
Z B1W 9
N B1W 2
S B1W 9
Back