Buffered parking mode with motion detection on

minc3

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hi there, i have been using motion detection for my parking mode since day 1 with no issue.

However today I encountered the issue of changing back to driving mode (after parking for around 8hrs). I can see from the led that it is still blinking (rec) while the mic led is on. I press all the buttons but no reaction. I even tried to disconnect both the power and rear camera cable for awhile but still the same.
End up force reset with a pin. Checked the recorded video during parking mode (only up to 10.30) roughly 2hrs. But that’s a low traffic area.

FW v1.1 (came with the dashcam)
Micro sd samsung evo plus 128gb (30gb remaining)
Hk3 hardwire kit.

@viofo any idea? Thanks

Lol no idea, this is going to be my first time doing the FW update.

EDIT: fter counterchecking the file name with the pro, looks like it is for the A129. Could be wrongly name? Maybe @viofo can clarify. Thanks

Last edited:
Just one more thing. I just came across the a129 post where the description for the motion detection in parking mode will continue to record after 45s “if there’s continuous movement”.

I then noticed that the PRO (mine) only records 45s even if there’s continuous movement. I personally sat in the car n noticed the issue several times. I do confirmed it by checking the video later as well.

@viofo kindly take note of this issue as well.

Looking forward for improvised firmware soon.

Each buffered parking file is only 45s duration. If motion continues, it should be recorded in consecutive files.

Each buffered parking file is only 45s duration. If motion continues, it should be recorded in consecutive files.
thanks for the clarification. Probably the subsequent motion ain't big enough. :unsure:

No firmware flashed since I have yet to receive any clarification from @viofo on whether its for the pro or not. Dare not change the name just to flash my pro endup brick it.

Tested it by leaving it on Motion detection parking mode and no issue for 2 nights (at least 10hrs). Records well and HK3 hardwire kit cuts off the power as it was designed for (when exceeds 15-20hrs, guess that’s when my battery voltage drops beyond the set limit).

No issue in looping mode as well and it fills up my 128gb evo plus and continue to record. Waiting for my 512gb to arrive. Currently in High bitrate setting and I hope the heat won’t upset the dashcam /micro sd card.

Just hope that the freeze issue in parking mode will be solved in upcoming firmware update. Would welcome any beta firmware which addresses this issue as well.

don't rename firmware files, if it's the wrong name it won't load, that's intentional
Noted with thanks. And I shall just wait @viofo to rectify the issue then. It’s not fatal but annoying. That being said, it works like charm.

That link is for the latest FW that Viofo posted for the standard A129. It is definitely not for the A129 Pro.

@viofo so far i do not encounter any freeze issue while resuming from parking mode to driving mode. However i do have the issue of the dashcam is off after one hour in parking mode.

Not really a hot day since it’s raining. No idea if my car battery voltage has dropped beyond the set limit but that’s after more than half an hour drive which usually has sufficient voltage for the next 8-10 hours of parking mode recording (from my past experience). Will need to do more experiments while waiting for my voltage indicator to arrive so that i can check the voltage upon switching the key position to ACC. I do acknowledge that the lights in the car and disarming / arming the alarm system will draw some voltage but lets see how.

looking forward for the finalised firmware.

Just to update on the beta FW on parking mode freeze issue. So far I do not encounter any freeze issue after testing several successful “long hour” (8-14hrs) parking mode (motion detection).

But that’s for evening till next morning only. Cant really test afternoon as usually the afternoon heat will shut it off before the voltage cut kicks in. I’ve encountered where I went back to my car during a hot afternoon and noticed that the PRO was switched off. When I start the car, the PRO booted up and then rebooted again (twice). Just wondering if the overheat protection kicked in (as it was very hot in the car).

@viofo i wonders whether the previous freezing issue could be due to overheat but fail to perform a proper shutdown.

All in all i can say for now, the beta FW works. Meanwhile I am waiting to fill up my 512gb micro sd to see if any issue with looping (previous 128gb loops without any issues).

Done flashing FW. Gonna wait my next long drive on end of the week to get enuf charge for the battery so can test it out on long hr parking mode.

Appreciate the response by @viofo

@Sparkyy here’s the FW you can try on. I noticed that you are facing the same issue as me.
What firmware version and build is that? if you don’t mind me asking

I do wish that @viofo will set the motion detection to low bitrate which I believe will be able to lower the power consumption and thus lead to lower heat. Or at least maybe an option for us to decide what bitrate we desire as some might want maximum bitrate lol.

This will be useful for us who are in warm / hot climate especially where i stay and during summer season in other part of the world.

Back