Parking mode files do not exist

Mark7

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo
I have parking mode set to record on motion detect (I think) but I am not seeing any files in "parking files" in the app. If any show up at all they are in "Locked Files" or with other files that are not locked.

Can someone please advise, or point me to a good video somewhere that describes how parking mode works and what different settings do?

The 129 Pro Duo is hard wired.

Thanks!

... with an HK3 kit?

To follow up, rather than start another thread... I recently installed this camera in a new truck. I do have the hard wire kit from Viofo and I know (double and triple checked) it is wired correctly.

Operation is confusing to me. I cannot select "Auto event detection" and "Motion detection" at the same time, and "motion detection" is not in the parking mode part of the menu. How should I have it set if I want it to record only on motion detection in parking mode?

Also, I still have NO file in parking mode files when connected to the a129 with my phone. There are way too many "locked" files and "All Files". What determines if files are locked or not?

I assume this is a learning curve thing and that the camera is working correctly. I just need help setting it up.

Thanks!

When choosing Auto Event Detection, parking mode motion detection is on by default.

You cannot set to only record on motion or only on g-sensor activity. Both will always be active in parking mode.

Even though there is a parking mode folder in the app, the files usually still are saved in the regular movie folder I believe. These files will have a PF or PR at the end on their file names.

So should I set it to Auto Event Detection and not worry about the Motion Detection setting?

Also, what is the setting called where it rewrites over the oldest data vs filling up the card?

I’ll get this… just confused with the UI!

Thanks!

If you use low bitrate for parking guard, and i think time lapse too, those files are just in among the regular recordings as they are not really events as such.
They are easy to spot as they are very small VS the regular recordings, and of course are still nice in order like regular footage are.

I use low bitrate for parking guard, so when i browse thise files on the card with the view of the files to also have data ( size ) then the 150 MB size 3 minute files just jump at me VS thes everal 100 MB larger regular recording 3 minute files.

Eee :sleep: pardon my old failing grey goo, i am thinking of my street guardian camera.
My Viofo ( A229 ) do put my parking guard files in the parking folder, and i think thats the same on any viofo system.

I dont recall there being a overwrite / do not overwrite, you just choose the file size you want to use, 3 minutes i think are the most popular / what most camera have as default.

Not overwriting when full, pretty much negate the prime directive of dashcams, " i must always record " and " i should require no interaction from my owner once set up "
Size you can choose are most often 1-2-3-5-10 minutes

So should I set it to Auto Event Detection and not worry about the Motion Detection setting?

Also, what is the setting called where it rewrites over the oldest data vs filling up the card?

I’ll get this… just confused with the UI!

Thanks!
Motion detection is already part of Auto Event Detection. You can just adjust it's sensitivity.

Looping is the overwrite process.

Thanks for all of the replies... I am going to set it on "Auto Event Detection" in parking mode and see what happens. I don't understand why those files are not segregated to "Parking Files", but knowing what to look for in the file name should be of some help.

The reason for he question about filling the card is I got a message about the card being full and I did a full erasure to start over. It may have been a coincidence that this happened days after I moved it confusing me into thinking it is recording too much. I just want it to rewrite old data unless a file is locked.

That brings up the question as to why all of the files are locked. Shouldn't they only be locked if I am proactive in making them so? Say by pushing the save button or doing so during a file review? ...or are ALL parking files locked by default?

Thanks for all of the replies... I am going to set it on "Auto Event Detection" in parking mode and see what happens. I don't understand why those files are not segregated to "Parking Files", but knowing what to look for in the file name should be of some help.

The reason for he question about filling the card is I got a message about the card being full and I did a full erasure to start over. It may have been a coincidence that this happened days after I moved it confusing me into thinking it is recording too much. I just want it to rewrite old data unless a file is locked.

That brings up the question as to why all of the files are locked. Shouldn't they only be locked if I am proactive in making them so? Say by pushing the save button or doing so during a file review? ...or are ALL parking files locked by default?

Thanks for the link to the other thread re firmware updates! Very informative... spent 20 minus reading it through.

I currently V2.8. Not sure if I should update or leave it alone until they firm up 2.10 now...

from version 2.7 and up, VIOFO has a bug
recordings in "Auto event detection" are saved as locked files and reduce space
I recommend downgrading to version 2.7, preferably 2.5

Back