Buffered Parking mode

Found in v1.9, that lock button (on body and BT) works unstable - not for any click.

The remote button is working for me so far. After each firmware update, hard reset by using a pin or paperclip in the "R" slot of the cam, then set all settings to default and format the sd. Then reconnect the remote by pressing the button until the blue light comes on. It should work correctly after that.

I test the button at least once a day to make sure it works

Hey @StrayCam ,

Yeah I don't know why I wrote "similar" for both g-sensors. I meant to say it was a similar experience regarding the parking g-sensor where no amount of force triggered an event during parking. So thank you for picking that up. I'll edit it so it's not confusing lol.

Although I had fairly good results with the driving g-sensor yesterday, today it was kind of a different story. I forgot I had left the setting on high and remembered this morning. Anyway, while taking my youngest son to school this morning, driving the same route as I did yesterday, I had only 2 events triggered. One was going a little faster than usual over a high speedhump (these are 15km/h speedhumps and I drove over it at 40km/h) and the other was a rough patch of road with a few potholes. I should've got more events as I did drive over speedhumps at a higher speed than usual and even braking hard didn't trigger anything this time. When I got home I double checked that I had left the driving g-sensor on high and it was. Yesterday I got a lot more events travelling the same route. So yeah a mixed bag of results in 2 days and I really don't know what to make of it. It seems like it's hit and miss. I just hope it works if I'm ever involved in a collision!

I can also confirm that the parking g-sensor still didn't trigger any events today. I had it on low setting while parked outside my son's school and changed it to medium when I got home. In both scenarios I slammed all 4 doors, the boot, hit the side windows and doors, shook the car side to side and nothing. Seriously I must've looked like a raving idiot to people who were passing by

Okay, knowing what we know now, or having what we have now, is there any opinion on what works better, fw 1.8 or 1.9? Or are they both about the same?

I realize 1.5 doesn't have buffer mode, but it seems most people aren't even using buffer mode. - - Should 1.5 be a consideration until Viofo gets their 1.9 working? Has G-Sensor ever worked in parking mode with any prior firmware? - - I guess it's unanimous that G-Sensor does not work with v 1.9 in park mode. What do you guys think???

Did you guys get your cameras to work properly? I am thinking about buying the 129. Sounds like there is some program problems.

Did you guys get your cameras to work properly? I am thinking about buying the 129. Sounds like there is some program problems.
Don't let this put you off buying, Viofo always sort the problems, and I think I am right in saying that the issues above are only issues with the new features and don't exist on the shipped cameras. If you update to beta firmware then you should expect issues, unfortunately some seem to have made it into a release firmware in this case, they will get sorted.

The only issue is v1.9 is the gsensor being inconsistent. Other than that i have no issues.

Does anyone know if the G-Sensor worked at all in version 1.8 firmware? I will try out this afternoon. - - If someone whacks your car from behind while parked, and version 1.9 won't give you any indication of that, I can't see any good reason to stay with 1.9. - - Now, if G-Sensor has never worked with firmware 1.8 or 1.5, then I would agree, there's no reason to switch from 1.9 since G-Sensor doesn't work with any firmware...

Obviously Viofo will eventually get 1.9 to work properly...

Im having issues with v1.9 not recording any parking events after 2 hours of being parked. I have an A129IR ive been testing and has no problems recording motion events all night, but this A129Duo stops after about 2 hours and doesnt record again til I start the car up.
Running hardwire HK3, voltage settings were at 12.4 had no issues with the IR version recording all night, turned it down to 12.0v to test right now with v1.9.

Btw, I guess the Viofo Company used to post on this forum....It looks like they haven't been here in over a month!!!! -- I guess they are happy with sales and content with end-users fumbling around trying to get their Viofo Dashcams to function properly....???

Btw, I guess the Viofo Company used to post on this forum....It looks like they haven't been here in over a month!!!! -- I guess they are happy with sales and content with end-users fumbling around trying to get their Viofo Dashcams to function properly....???
they were posting on the forum today

Oh that's very nice Jokiin.... I wonder if they have any interest in their customers on this thread??? - - - Btw, It's been about 3 weeks since they've posted on this particular thread.

I tagged them at least twice in my comments here about this sensor issue with no response from them. Heres another @viofo

Thanks Jokiin for your idea..., but DashcamUser567's tags seem to have fallen on deaf ears.... And it's not like he's not aware of this thread which he posted to almost 3 weeks ago. - - He must be aware that this problem has persisted and has not yet been solved.

@viofo where are you???

They stopped replying to this thread. They only reply to people who are about to buy their dashcams
It's BS that @viofo deserted this thread three weeks ago!!!

I think it just might be time for a new thread... "Viofo Customer Service - Product Quality"...???

It's BS that @viofo deserted this thread three weeks ago!!!

I think it just might be time for a new thread... "Viofo Customer Service - Product Quality"...???

If you make that thread I'll be the first to reply to get it started and hopefully they reply

I'd rather them be hard at work on fixing the problem.... Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back