Buffered Parking mode

I'd rather them be hard at work on fixing the problem.... Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would as well, but "customer service" is very important! I'm reminded of an old saying: "A prospective customer doesn't care how much you know about your product or your service until they know how much you care about them!"

When days and weeks pass with no input from @viofo, it tells the customer one thing: "You're not important enough for us to take 15 minutes to reply to you." It has been 3 weeks since @viofo posted to this thread, yet they know that users are grappling with the same problems.

I personally am tired of trying to get my A129 to work properly while at the same time having to deal with a lackluster customer service department at @viofo. - - That's just my opinion.

They've posted in other threads on this forum, so it's not like they are ignoring customers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah Gooffeyguy, for some reason, they've singled out "this particular thread of customers to ignore". Their last post here was July5th - 3 weeks ago.

Oh well, there will be a new thread soon! - - We'll see how that works out for them...

I'm sure they're working on something....

It takes 2-4 days to get replies from their customer service. In my case they don't answer the question I asked; I replied within 20 minutes on the same day I received an email from them (middle of their day) Do I get a reply? No! - - Set the clock for another 2 - 3 days.

So yeah, I'm sure they're doing something. But their customer support sucks! - I've been dealing with it for a month. It's like watching paint dry to get replies....and then the reply doesn't answer the question you asked!

The Company, @viofo, formerly was replying to customers on this thread (thread started March 28th); and then, for some reason, after July 5trh they disappeared. That makes no sense at all to me. It takes 15 minutes or less to reply to customers...since July 5th, they've decided this particular group of owners/customers isn't important to communicate with... I think this is good information for new customers. - - Had I known this was going to be the case, I would have bought a different product.

I'm sure they're working on something....

It takes 2-4 days to get replies from their customer service. In my case they don't answer the question I asked; I replied within 20 minutes on the same day I received an email from them (middle of their day) Do I get a reply? No! - - Set the clock for another 2 - 3 days.

So yeah, I'm sure they're doing something. But their customer support sucks! - I've been dealing with it for a month. It's like watching paint dry to get replies....and then the reply doesn't answer the question you asked!

The Company, @viofo, formerly was replying to customers on this thread (thread started March 28th); and then, for some reason, after July 5trh they disappeared. That makes no sense at all to me. It takes 15 minutes or less to reply to customers...since July 5th, they've decided this particular group of owners/customers isn't important to communicate with... I think this is good information for new customers. - - Had I known this was going to be the case, I would have bought a different product.

They did reply on a different post the other night i think. So it seems they are still on here. I just hope they at least read the issues in this thread. A simple "we are aware and working on a fix" post or update from them would be nice.

I have started a conversation with Viofo and have included a couple of our members here on this thread who seem as concerned as anyone about the lack of communication from Viofo. -- I suspect/hope that we will get a reply soon!

I also made a request that @viofo participates in this thread until our problem with "parking mode" gets resolved. - - That would certainly help customers with any frustrations they are experiencing with the A129.

They stopped replying to this thread. They only reply to people who are about to buy their dashcams

That's a shame because customer service is one of the main reasons why people have bought Viofo and quality comes in a close second. I deserted DOD due to their poor customer and the quality of their premium dash cams aren't any different to budget ones. So if Viofo are going to get too comfy because their sales are good then it's just as easy for them to lose customers as it was to gain them. I'll be watching Viofo very closely and if they don't pull their finger out, like DOD did then my A129 might be my last Viofo dash cam

My experience has been quite the opposite. Sure, it may take customer service a few days to respond, but they will get back to you. Also, please keep in mind that Viofo is a very small company. According to Viofo's Linked In page, the company only employs 11-50 people. Plus, they recently launched the A129 IR and the A119 v3, so I imagine a lot of employees are busy with those projects.

Viofo is also actively participating in various threads on this website. I think the reason they stopped responding to this thread is they simply don't have a solution for the G-Sensor problem—yet. But, I'm sure their engineers will figure it out. Plus, like me, many people purchased the A129 before buffered parking mode, which means that Viofo just added a huge benefit that didn't cost any of us v1.5 owners a dime.

Quite frankly, I couldn't be happier with my A129, despite the G-Sensor problem.

My experience has been quite the opposite. Sure, it may take customer service a few days to respond, but they will get back to you. Also, please keep in mind that Viofo is a very small company. According to Viofo's Linked In page, the company only employs 11-50 people. Plus, they recently launched the A129 IR and the A119 v3, so I imagine a lot of employees are busy with those projects.

Viofo is also actively participating in various threads on this website. I think the reason they stopped responding to this thread is they simply don't have a solution for the G-Sensor problem—yet. But, I'm sure their engineers will figure it out. Plus, like me, many people purchased the A129 before buffered parking mode, which means that Viofo just added a huge benefit that didn't cost any of us v1.5 owners a dime.

Quite frankly, I couldn't be happier with my A129, despite the G-Sensor problem.

That's fair enough but how difficult is it for them to comment to say that they are working on it? That is all most of us want...not a fix overnight

Im very happy with my A129 too. I do suffer from some blurriness on my lens but Im waiting for the temps to go down to see if its heat related or not. Other than that and the gsensor it still works fine and records and switches to parking mode well especially in this July heat.

And I agree I am pretty sure viofo does know about the issue and is working on a fix since I'm pretty sure they would notice the gsensor not working in their own cams. But I hope they would at least give us an update that they are working on it. Other than that, the cam works as it should

When a company ceases to have time for their customers, that is the time they should rethink whether they should be in business or not. It would take someone less than 10 minutes to reply to a thread just to keep customers informed. Unfortunately @viofo has chosen not to do that. Why??? Too busy???

And if you want to see sales go south for a company, just start ignoring your customers! That does not work well in any industry.

About the G-sensor issue in parking mode, do you use the official firmware V1.9 released here?

This should be fixed in this version.

As I mentioned in my conversation with you just a moment ago, I am using firmware 1.9 from your website.

About the G-sensor issue in parking mode, do you use the official firmware V1.9 released here?

This should be fixed in this version.

Using the v1.9 from the website. Gsensor even on high setting is inconsistent. I will PM you a video of me slapping my windshield and slamming my doors shut with it not going off.

Edit: Sent the video.

Last edited:
Check this thread in a week or so for buffered firmware announcements.

I've been checking this thread almost daily, is there still an announcement? Was it the release of the Wk/Wl/Wm firmware? Or something else that has hit a snag, thus delaying the announcement?

Back