Buffered Parking mode

I did turn off the beep sound, I would like to see the led bottom left to disappear, why do you have this led on the 129 any way, you have a recording light on the top, makes no sense to me?
Recording light on the top, what do you mean, is that mean red dot flashing on the screen?

Does this still hold true?

With ACC detection feature, the dash cam will switch to parking mode automatically if the vehicle engine off, and switch back to normal recording after vehicle engine on. Please be sure the cable is connected to the camera directly, not through the GPS mount.
The plug needs to go to camera?

Recording light on the top, what do you mean, is that mean red dot flashing on the screen?
You have 2 red lights, The one on bottom left blinks when recording is off, it stays steady when it is recording. The led up top left blinks when the camera is recording. My gripe is why 2 lights? Maybe the bottom light when it is blinking tells people it is not recording, but I feel it is not necessary. Having the record light on the top should be all you need. Unless I am missing something

You have 2 red lights, The one on bottom left blinks when recording is off, it stays steady when it is recording. The led up top left blinks when the camera is recording. My gripe is why 2 lights? Maybe the bottom light when it is blinking tells people it is not recording, but I feel it is not necessary. Having the record light on the top should be all you need. Unless I am missing something
99% of users have the screen saver on (or at least they should), so you won’t ever really see the red dot on the lcd screen. The red light above the REC button will always be visible (for the most part) and since it’s a dash camera, it will be recording 99.99% of the time when on, so having it flash to tell you it’s not recording shouldn’t really be an issue. I think having both can be handy if your having an issue and trying to troubleshoot.

I am sitting here playing with controls and I cannot get into feature screen. When I hit the button to turn it on it shuts the camera off. I made sure it was not recording and I tried 3 times. The WiFi is on and I wanted to turn it off. Am I doing something wrong here? I am using the button far left on bottom. I know I was able to get there yesterday but when I hold it in it just shuts the camera down now. There must be a trick to this or I am doing something wrong. I did remove the card and place it back in and that did not work. Please help

I fixed the issue, if it is in WiFi that change screen will not come up. I hit the off button and the split screen button the same time and that turned off WiFi. I hope the camera works as it should. Now that WiFi is off I am able to get to my setting screen

No more WiFi for me....

Screen saver works, it is set for 1 minute and does work better this way. I never had the camera running long enough for the screen to go out.....Cool.

hehe yeah wifi are silly, kids stuff, us men use good old wires and brute force.
That wireless charging of this and that gizmo i dont get at all, so people are now too lazy to plug in a wire,,,,,,,, IMO thats a huge waste of resources.

PS: i have started to use wifi to do settings on cameras, mostly due to me forgetting my reading glasses and so i cant read the little LCD screens, so the large screen of my phone come in handy.

@Airborne
Hold down the far left button to turn the camera on/off (if you ever want to turn it off)
Hold down the far right button to turn WiFi on/off
The on-screen menu is not available when WiFi is enabled

I am sorry for asking so many stupid questions, I have been reading what each item does to the camera.
I did not see in the instructions that WiFi needs to be off to access the menu screen.
But I am reading the manual more and more, instead of posting things that are already covered in the manual.

I am sorry for asking so many stupid questions, I have been reading what each item does to the camera.
I did not see in the instructions that WiFi needs to be off to access the menu screen.
But I am reading the manual more and more, instead of posting things that are already covered in the manual.
No harm in asking. Most items are covered in the manual, but you will find that the manual is not up-to-date with currently available parking modes.

Update on My Testing of Parking Mode (FYI Posted same post in another parking mode issue discussion):

At this point with my testing currently (not completed yet running a few more variables), turning on the Boot Delay (for my experiences so far) having the boot delay ON and set to 5 seconds is one of the factors that has improved the reliability of parking mode so far, along with a few other variables Ive tested. I havent yet been able to rule out boot delay as a potential factor in buffered PM working correctly for me at the moment, though I have a feeling its not.

Im now testing out if the SD cards im using are playing a big factor in it only recording for a couple hours in parking mode. This is where I think the ultimate problem for me lies, though im still working on confirming this.
These are the 2 cards ive been using:
Samsung EVO Select 128gb U3 C10 card has been working with the current settings all night, capturing all events on A129Duo and A129IR, both cameras with latest A129IR firmware installed (rear camera ends up being black and white because it thinks its an IR camera) Though this card did have some problems with some previous tests on the A129Duo firmwares, it could have been from firmware or settings I was using at that time. At this point, this card has successfully passed the overnight parking mode test (Auto Event Detection) on A129Duo and A129IR cameras, both with latest A129IR firmware installed, 5 second boot delay, voltage cutoff 12.4v, 50hz, GPS OFF, WIFI OFF, WDR OFF, Parking Motion Sensitivity HIGH, Parking G-Sensor HIGH though it doesnt do much.
SanDisk Ultra A1 200gb C10 *(This is the other potential culprit of the parking mode failing after a few hours) Sometimes I get 2 hours of parking mode, sometimes i get about 4 hours, but then the camera/card doesn't record any events until the engine fires up and switches it back to driving mode.

After digging a little deeper into the SD cards, its looking like even though i thought the SanDisk A1 might be okay for use in some dash cams, the signs are starting to point to the contrary. While it handles driving recording well, something with the parking mode, buffering, or recording lots of (parking) clips back to back with little 'off' time between recordings is causing the camera to not be able to write files after about 2-4 hours in parking mode. I haven't done an extended 2-4hour drive test to see if it cuts out during driving or not.
I also dug a little deeper and noticed the SanDisk A1 card is just rated for HD video, not 4k video transfer rates so this probably a factor.

I didn't do enough research on the SD cards before purchasing the camera so theres probably other posts out there that inform people of this but in general for dual dashcams youll probably want to start with a card that can handle a 4k transfer rate to begin with, because the dashcam is transferring 2x 1080p files at the same time aka Half of what a 4k transfer would be, but double what a solo 1080p write would be. So with that in mind, this is probably one of the bottlenecks for the SanDisk A1 cards.

To test this, I purchased 2 "endurance" cards the other day that are specifically designed for DashCams, Security Cams, and CCTV cameras, One Samsung EVO PRO Endurance 128gb and one SanDisk HIGH Endurance 128gb and they should be arriving today.

From my limited research, regular consumer style SanDisk Ultra or Samsung Evo Plus/Select Cards and similar that boast high transfer rates, do so with much less abuse to the card in regular instances even though recording 4k and are really meant for DSLRs/Mirrorless cameras, and consumer tablets, devices and cameras. However Dashcams are much different, in that they write, erase, and re-write over those memory cells much more often. Each time files are written, deleted, then re-written over, it slightly damages the memory cells. So with Consumer cards in cameras phones tablets or whatever, take much less abuse, and the cards are able to handle that information differently. From my minimal research and understanding (haha) these Pro Endurance cards, do much less damage to the memory cells because of how it writes and re-writes the data to those cards. This is supposed to extend the life of the card and also make it handle the abuse that dashcams cause to them much more efficiently than the other types of cards. It's even noted in many of the non-Pro Endurance card warrantys that the warranty does not cover if the card was used in a dashcam or CCTV device.

Once those come in and I can do an overnight test with those I should be able to confirm if the boot delay had any effect, if the SD card was the reason, or if its something completely different, but I think im getting pretty close to nailing down what settings work consistently and will let yall know.

What Micro SD cards are you guys using and has Auto Event Detection working and Buffered Parking mode motion detection been working correctly all night for you? Maybe we can pinpoint 1. if it really is the SD cards causing this issue, and 2. Which SD cards work correctly so we can point people in the right direction.

This is what I bought, but I do not have mine hardwired yet

Samsung 256GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select

After all the issues with parking mode, I rolled back the firmware to 1.50 and likely to use it for now until Viofo resolves it.

How does one get the older firmware versions? Viofo only have the latest version 1.9 on their support site. The only other option is to use BCHobbyists mod 1.5 firmware but what if I want to use the official one? I'm in Australia so it's even more difficult to get the older versions

How does one get the older firmware versions? Viofo only have the latest version 1.9 on their support site. The only other option is to use BCHobbyists mod 1.5 firmware but what if I want to use the official one? I'm in Australia so it's even more difficult to get the older versions

@CaptureYourAction posted a link to 1.3 here

I just hooked up my A129. Can you set the parking mode to record upon impact only? Or is it impact and motion?

Sometimes I park on a busy road so I don't need the motion activation but would still like for it to record upon impact

Back