Buffered Parking mode

Honestly, it'd still be a yes. If not the A129, then an A119v3.

Yes, they have some firmware issues. Yes, they have some support issues.

But for the price, there isn't much else that can be suggested as a viable alternative.

lol...the A119 v3 is what Valkyrie has...and in his recent post above, he tells how crappy Viofo is in replying to him re: problems he's having with his A119 v3. (see pic/jpg below) - - So, neither pick is great...they both have problems! - - - And so will the "New A129 Pro"!

That's the way Viofo operates. - - Collect as much money as you can now on new sales, and then blow-off your customers when they have questions/problems...wash, rinse & repeat!!!

Attachments

• Valkyrie Can't Get Replies from Viofo.JPG
    Valkyrie Can't Get Replies from Viofo.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

But for the price, there isn't much else that can be suggested as a viable alternative.
Let us know how you get on with it please!

Like others have mentioned, it's a $150 unit that has seemingly little wrong with it. You want the perfect cam? Go spend the 3-400+ required to get a perfect unit.

In my search, even at several hundred dollars more at the so called "top end of town and premium" level of dashcams e.g., the Blackvue DR900S has it's own problems that are worse than anything recent that Viofo have in my experience and personal opinion. For example image quality not as good as the A129 Pro Duo and the overheating problems that shuts down the unit. People are trying to strap heatsinks on the thing to cool it down! I was not impressed with all of this for the $900AUD price tag they want for the DR900S 2CH. On the other hand I am seriously impressed with Viofo quality and performance so far. Furthermore I am very impressed with the price they ask. I even tried the app a few days ago and it does exactly what it says it should on the tin.

I hope this reliability and performance will remain as I use my new Viofo dashcam. The new A129 Pro Duo - their first 4K unit which is untested long term in the wild, who really knows what will happen in the future but I have put my faith in the brand that it will deliver the same quality I have experienced with it's other model. I have had an A119 Pro in another car and that has operated since January 100% reliably and perfectly. I haven’t had to format the memory card since it was installed.

From what I have seen none of these dashcams are perfect, but the Viofo is the unit that is the closest out of everything so far that I know about.

I have been looking and testing various brands for at least a year to find something worth spending my money on for my primary car and in a year and a half and I am yet to find a camera that outdoes the Viofo consistently. Even from my test of the new Thinkware U1000, the A129 Pro Duo outdoes that in my view. As a result I ordered a A129 Pro Duo last week.

I was considering using the buffered parking mode and I am saddened to learn the G Sensor isn’t operational yet. But thinking about it - perhaps its best to low bitrate / time-lapse record anyway to ensure nothing is missed by the motion detection algorithm. The new Thinkware U1000 is going to be shipping a radar module in attempt to improve motion detection anyway. Perhaps this is telling that these motion detection systems are not reliable to start with and can’t really be relied upon. However that’s not to say Viofo shouldn’t fix it.

Last edited:
The new Thinkware U1000 is going to be shipping a radar module in attempt to improve motion detection anyway. Perhaps this is telling that these motion detection systems are not reliable to start with.
The radar module is a $70 option.

It is a good idea, but with their implementation the camera is asleep, not recording until the radar detects movement, it then wakes the camera up and after a 1 second startup it starts pre-buffering, if the g-sensor then detects an impact the video is saved to memory card.

So you are still reliant on the g-sensor detecting the impact, the pre-buffer only starts 1 second after the radar detects movement, which given that it only has a 7 meter range and the vehicle about to knock your wing mirror off is doing 30 mph... Plus the total record time of these clips is only 20 seconds compared to the A129 Pro's 45 seconds in buffered mode or continuous in low bitrate, neither of which require the g-sensor to detect an impact in order to record to memory card.

Maybe when someone does a review, it will turn out better than in their documentation, and I was impressed by the radar on the Vantrue T2, but it could be a while before someone does do a review given the price!

I got a reply on the 7 th September from a ticket I raised with Viofo saying there would be a firmware update in October with ref to motion detection and g-censer issues!
Did they promise you it would be fixed by end of October?

Straycam keeps saying Viofo is breaking promises

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Some of us have been waiting months for something that's advertised not anything we have made up!
My buffered parking mode (auto event detection) works. I don't know if the g-sensor does in buffered parking mode, my vehicle has never been hit while parked. If it was, I'm sure the camera would record due to movement/motion detection.

As prospective buyer of a dash cam would you part with your hard earned on a Viofo! After reading all this discussion,because if I new what I know now I wouldn't buy one that's for sure!
Whilst I receive some test samples from manufacturers, I only test them in my own car, knowing there's a risk they may fail to record at some point in time.

I buy all the cameras for our family car. My next purchase for our car will be an A129 Duo, after seeing the promising results from the latest beta FW that I tested.

Whilst I receive some test samples from manufacturers, I only test them in my own car, knowing there's a risk they may fail to record at some point in time.

I buy all the cameras for our family car. My next purchase for our car will be an A129 Duo, after seeing the promising results from the latest beta FW that I tested.
I'm glad to read your opinion of the FW beta you tried. Make my day, thank you.

My buffered parking mode (auto event detection) works. I don't know if the g-sensor does in buffered parking mode, my vehicle has never been hit while parked. If it was, I'm sure the camera would record due to movement/motion detection.

My Bufferd parking mode works but records everything irspective of the setting!
And yes Viofo told me there would be firmware update in October!

My Bufferd parking mode works but records everything irspective of the setting!
And yes Viofo told me there would be firmware update in October!
Did they PROMISE an update in October?

Does any manufacturer make a promise!

Does any manufacturer make a promise!
That's what I thought, but the way Straycam whined about them "promising this" and "promising that" and "Viofo breaking promises", you'd think they did (or at least he's making you think they did)

Reactions: LMN
That's what I thought, but the way Straycam whined about them "promising this" and "promising that" and "Viofo breaking promises", you'd think they did (or at least he's making you think they did)

Yes Goofy Guy, I made a silly mistake...I trusted what Viofo told me!!! - - Lesson for today, yesterday AND tomorrow.... - DO NOT TRUST WHAT VIOFO TELLS YOU!!! - Also, buy Viofo's products with caution: Caveat Emptor!!!

Meanwhile Goofy Guy, you stand up for Viofo and the other Viofo Fan Boys, and I'll stand up for the poor, little consumers like Valkyrie, Airborne, Joe384, Sdeel7491, CaptnEric, etc... who are only asking that their product work as intended and that they receive help from Viofo when requested... Who would dream that customers would demand such silly things?!?!? - - Now who's being Goofy???

Ya know, I get a notification that you quoted my post, but you've been on my ignore list for a couple days and I'm not seeing what your saying, which is fine by me because I could care less.

Just letting ya know, in case you're expecting a reply.

Ya know, I get a notification that you quoted my post, but you've been on my ignore list for a couple days and I'm not seeing what your saying, which is fine by me because I could care less.

Just letting ya know, in case you're expecting a reply.

OMG Goofy, it just breaks my heart that you won't be replying. I don't know how I will get by. But Lord knows there are already enough fan boys out here anyway so nbd. ;)

Here is a little footage of where I parked at the VA today, no matter how far away you park there is always someone checking your ride. The camera worked well today
This was in parking mode

After checking my clips there are some missing, not sure why. The camera is filming and then decides to not film while moving on the road.
No beeps, light is on, but missing filming. Why would it decide to stop?

After checking my clips there are some missing, not sure why. The camera is filming and then decides to not film while moving on the road.
No beeps, light is on, but missing filming. Why would it decide to stop?
Do you have motion detection turned on?

Same here. I've read about plenty of issues with several other makes many of which cost significantly more. Compared to these and for the price I paid I don't mind a couple of issues. In the end was trying to select the best for the price from a bad bunch.

Same here. I've read about plenty of issues with several other makes many of which cost significantly more. Compared to these and for the price I paid I don't mind a couple of issues. In the end was trying to select the best for the price from a bad bunch.
In the end we will have to thank Viofo for the problems and his not perfect camera.:unsure:o_O

Back