Buffered Parking mode

Well October came and went nothing from Viofo on this issue!
They are replying to other people's issues but not this one,not a good advertisement for their company.

They are replying to other people's issues but not this one,not a good advertisement for their company.

sdeel7491-

Did anyone really think Viofo was going to fix the g-sensor in parking mode within the two months since you shared the "good news" with everyone?!?!? - - I sure didn't!!!

And they had told me the problem would be fixed 2 months earlier (end of August), and of course that was just another lie from Viofo!

Attached is your original post and my reply to your post! I knew the fix would not be delivered by the end of October.

Viofo doesn't care about existing customers! They are hoping for new customers, who will get treated just like us existing customers! And you can be guaranteed that their new product will have problems just the like A129.

I caution prospective purchasers of Viofo dash cams to be aware of the pathetic customer service they can expect to receive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191102-011211_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20191102-011211_Firefox.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Damn them and their broken promises!!

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sdeel7491-

Did anyone really think Viofo was going to fix the g-sensor in parking mode within the two months since you shared the "good news" with everyone?!?!? - - I sure didn't!!!

And they had told me the problem would be fixed 2 months earlier (end of August), and of course that was just another lie from Viofo!

Attached is your original post and my reply to your post! I knew the fix would not be delivered by the end of October.

Viofo doesn't care about existing customers! They are hoping for new customers, who will get treated just like us existing customers! And you can be guaranteed that their new product will have problems just the like A129.

I caution prospective purchasers of Viofo dash cams to be aware of the pathetic customer service they can expect to receive.
We told you! You pissed them off. o_O

We told you! You pissed them off. o_O
Yes, StrayCam etc. could have had a beta update to check out by now like some of the other people testing it!
Not much chance with the posts they've made though :ROFLMAO:

Yes, StrayCam etc. could have had a beta update to check out by now like some of the other people testing it!

Viofo is just a Flake Company! And for all the people trying to blame it on my posts, Viofo disappeared for a month and abandoned their customers when I wasn't even a member yet!!! But, that was everyone's fault trying to get their cameras to work... The nerve of those guys!!!

So your pathetic excuses are just pathetic excuses for Viofo!

I can't wait to see all the problems that plague Viofo's new a129 Pro and watch the new customers deal with the same problems that we existing customers have dealt with.

And then the guys who get free dash cams from Viofo like Nigel will tell the new customers they're just being unreasonable... while he enjoys his"free lunch"!

the guys who get free dash cams from Viofo like Nigel will tell the new customers they're just being unreasonable... while he enjoys his"free lunch"!
Do you have any idea how many hours are volunteered by some testers like Nigel? Even if he valued his personal time at a lowly $1/hour I'm sure he would have been better off just buying an A129, rather than devoting over a hundred hours of testing to earn his 'free' dashcam.

Viofo is just a Flake Company! And for all the people trying to blame it on my posts, Viofo disappeared for a month and abandoned their customers when I wasn't even a member yet!!! But, that was everyone's fault trying to get their cameras to work... The nerve of those guys!!!

So your pathetic excuses are just pathetic excuses for Viofo!

I can't wait to see all the problems that plague Viofo's new a129 Pro and watch the new customers deal with the same problems that we existing customers have dealt with.

And then the guys who get free dash cams from Viofo like Nigel will tell the new customers they're just being unreasonable... while he enjoys his"free lunch"!
believe me, we are aware of it. I was going to write you a nice letter but you are no longer worthy of my time after this message to you and don't kno why others even bother. I now own one of the new A129 Pro duo and guess what? it does have some issues too, just like several of the other manufacturers have with theirs one way or another. I already reported a couple of the issues I have found and are consistent whit what some other owners/users have found and I will continue to do so as they come. But be certain that I won't use your childish demanding stile because I know there are good chances I wont get anywhere being like that. In fact would end up achieving the opposite for me and the rest. be constructive in your criticism. I don't think you are capable of understanding what is like to run a business. At the end I know you wont stop voicing your opinion and that's ok. you are totally entitled to it.

Yes, it would be absolutely impossible for StrayCam to create another account here to obtain the beta firmware like the rest of you...

But then perhaps he simply does not enjoy working for Viofo with no compensation -- after paying them for the dashcam! You're all taking jobs from quality assurance workers by testing beta software for free.

And if I were running a company selling dashcams, I would tap into that very same free labor pool. It's often good business practice to lower expenses.

If you think about it, can you determine how many free hours you've given and then divide the value of the "free" camera by that number to determine what value you place on your time? (Did you base the value of your time on the retail value of the dashcam or the company's actual manufacturing cost?)

Do you have any idea how many hours are volunteered by some testers like Nigel? Even if he valued his personal time at a lowly $1/hour I'm sure he would have been better off just buying an A129, rather than devoting over a hundred hours of testing to earn his 'free' dashcam.

Exactly! He most likely does it because there is at least some part of doing it that he enjoys.

But many of us simply want to buy a dashcam that works reliably without having to tinker around with it all the time. We're called customers -- we buy a product that is supposed to work as it is advertised -- without having to wait for another "three weeks" for a fix over and over and over again. Perfection is probably too much too hope for, but some companies seem to find it much easier to target new customers that have not yet been inconvenienced, instead of keeping existing customers satisfied so that they return as a repeat customer again and again. We are currently in a dashcam boom time, after all. Of course, the free beta testers will return to Viofo again and again, because at least some of them are getting the product for "free". (So are they really customers?) But when the boom time ends and everyone who wants a dashcam actually has one, then relying upon a glut of new potential customers as a strategy will no longer work. The company that has satisfied customers over the years should have the advantage at that point.

StrayCam, you likely won't find many to agree with your perspective here because other customers don't really come here to stay. Those that do come for a solution to their problem and then most often leave. So this place is dominated by "dashcam aficionados". You're posting in a forum filled with individuals who strongly identify with this particular manufacturer, and you're challenging their system of beliefs. Even if you had the perfect product to offer them at half the cost (which they would have to pay out of pocket), it would take time for them to come around, even if they ever did.

And here's the kicker -- no one else here can even know whether you are truly an dissatisfied customer, or simply trying to direct potential new customers away from Viofo to another manufacturer as an agent for them. Because while all the facts are posted somewhere on the internet, so are all the lies.

I had two A129 Duo IR's. I sold one of them, and now I'm evaluating another model from a manufacturer I've been satisfied with before, and I'm really hoping it's going to be something that stays on my windshield for more than six months. It will likely be years before I am willing to take that second dashcam off my windshield, because all dashcam models have their individual flaws. The only difference is how some customers can become very upset that some sellers string them along, and others do not. And by "customers" in that sentence, I mean those of us that actually paid for their dashcam(s) -- with money, not time. Because we prefer to spend our time on other endeavors.

And before the next poster suggests that I must not value my time by posting this message, perhaps you might want to consider that I find some other value in doing so that you cannot presently see.

To be honest no-one is forcing him to test firmwares.
However most of us that are having issues and bought a A129 Duo didn't expect to have all these issues and we are effectively beta-testers for viofo anyway without any choice. How much time have I used up here trying to figure what's wrong with my camera? Or checking footage every day to see if it's actually working as intended?

I certainly don't care about testing the beta firmware - if it's anything like the v1.9 release then I'd rather just stay as far away as possible. I am certainly not going to risk the cam not capturing something crucial by running a firmware that may be even more unstable than the official release.

I understand the frustration of buying a dashcam only to find it does not perform as you expect. Some dashcams I have bought over the years have never lived up to their promises, so much so that one or two ended up in the bin since I was not prepared to put up with poor performance. Some 'free' test cameras are in the bin too!

I said a few weeks ago that the only cameras in our family car are ones that I have bought, and that I intend to update one with the A129, or perhaps A129 Pro. To be honest, given the current issues with the firmwares, I am holding off that purchase until the reliability improves. Our current front camera (not Viofo) has performed flawlessly for 2 years so I don't need to replace it anytime soon.

To be honest no-one is forcing him to test firmwares.
Yeah, without people like Nigel or other forum members which are beta testing for free and helping people by using their unique life time, instead of having fun and enjoy their life, this forum was empty.
I remember first day when I came here, only DashCamMan was giving replies to people which were asking and this was after 1-2 days of waiting. Was like 1 member forum.
Then I started to reply to people in minutes or hours and then more and more people came here to help and with these people this forum became the biggest dashcam forum in the world. Not with people which are come here only to complain, only to accuse. These people bring 0 (zero) knowledge to this forum, they are here just to solve some of their problem. Just delete all posts from people which are giving help and look how this forum will look.
The thread with abandoning is a shame for this forum because is a lie.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, it would be absolutely impossible for StrayCam to create another account here to obtain the beta firmware like the rest of you...

But then perhaps he simply does not enjoy working for Viofo with no compensation -- after paying them for the dashcam! You're all taking jobs from quality assurance workers by testing beta software for free.

But many of us simply want to buy a dashcam that works reliably without having to tinker around with it all the time. We're called customers -- we buy a product that is supposed to work as it is advertised -- without having to wait for another "three weeks" for a fix over and over and over again. Perfection is probably too much too hope for, but some companies seem to find it much easier to target new customers that have not yet been inconvenienced, instead of keeping existing customers satisfied so that they return as a repeat customer again and again.

StrayCam, you likely won't find many to agree with your perspective here because other customers don't really come here to stay. Those that do come for a solution to their problem and then most often leave. So this place is dominated by "dashcam aficionados". You're posting in a forum filled with individuals who strongly identify with this particular manufacturer, and you're challenging their system of beliefs. Even if you had the perfect product to offer them at half the cost (which they would have to pay out of pocket), it would take time for them to come around, even if they ever did.

And here's the kicker -- no one else here can even know whether you are truly an dissatisfied customer, or simply trying to direct potential new customers away from Viofo to another manufacturer as an agent for them. Because while all the facts are posted somewhere on the internet, so are all the lies.

The only difference is how some customers can become very upset that some sellers string them along, and others do not. And by "customers" in that sentence, I mean those of us that actually paid for their dashcam(s) -- with money, not time. Because we prefer to spend our time on other endeavors.

And before the next poster suggests that I must not value my time by posting this message, perhaps you might want to consider that I find some other value in doing so that you cannot presently see.

jdct-

Thanks for your very logical, well-thought out reply. That is certainly a breath of fresh air on these Viofo threads!!! Incidentally, not one person told "the truth" about Viofo when I first joined this forum. - - Believe me, I research things pretty thoroughly before making a purchase... But all the people were just shouting their "high praise" for Viofo, and not disclosing the fact that Viofo "has a track record of putting out products and firmware that has not been fully tested". - - So, as a "new customer", I've had to learn the hard way!

Btw, I would love to have been one of the guys who came here, got their problem fixed, and rode off into the sunset. Unfortunately, Viofo just kicks my problem (the g-sensor in "Parking Mode" does not work) under the carpet. They keep moving the goal posts (time frame) as to when this problem will be fixed!!! - - They originally told me by the "end of August"; then they told sdeel7491 by "the end of October"... Lord knows if/when it will ever get fixed.- -Of course, Viofo merely strings their existing customers along!

And not only do many customers not stay here long, but they learn that there are many trolls here. A "well respected industry expert" who knows Viofo extremely well told me, "Very few owners complain here publicly fearing the forum troll attacks..." - - Well, there are no trolls here that I can't handle!!! And it really is a shame that this problem we face which goes all the way back to February 2019 has not been fixed yet by Viofo!!! That's rather pathetic...

As long as Viofo, as a Company, chooses to ignore us "existing customers who paid cash for our dash cams", I'll be here to "let the new guy learn the truth about our Viofo Experience". :)

Last edited:
Back to the subject of parking mode on the A129, I've tested two new firmware versions in the last week. Without causing damage to my car, I can trigger the g-sensor in parking mode.

Back to the subject of parking mode on the A129, I've tested two new firmware versions in the last week. Without causing damage to my car, I can trigger the g-sensor in parking mode.
Finally! Can't wait for the release. How stable are they? Can I test these versions as well?

Has anybody tried this FW ?

I know I said I probably won't run any beta firmwares, but I need to get some footage off and do a format so I may load this firmware over the weekend.

Has anybody tried this FW ?
Nobody try even it is 100% safe. Is more important to say that ”Viofo abandoned their users”. This is the agenda for some users.
Even the minor blamed G-Sensor is working in this firmware, but agreeing that a feature is working is not so important like blaming.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back