Buffered Parking mode

Do you leave WiFi on all the time?
What memory card are you using?
WIFI off
Samsung EVO 128gb card (last night had a Sandisk ultra A1 200gb, trying the Samsung while at work right now) I know the sandisk ultras are redflagged, I heard the A1 improved the dashcam performance, plus it was dirt cheap at the time.
motion sensitivity medium
g-sensor medium
WDR Off

I also have the voltage cutoff at the top setting I think it was 12.5v. maybe need to bump it down to the 12v? Car is a 2015 tacoma, so battery is about 4yrs old im guessing unless the guy before me replaced it for some reason

WIFI off
Samsung EVO 128gb card (last night had a Sandisk ultra A1 200gb, trying the Samsung while at work right now) I know the sandisk ultras are redflagged, I heard the A1 improved the dashcam performance, plus it was dirt cheap at the time.
motion sensitivity medium
g-sensor medium
WDR Off

I also have the voltage cutoff at the top setting I think it was 12.5v. maybe need to bump it down to the 12v? Car is a 2015 tacoma, so battery is about 4yrs old im guessing unless the guy before me replaced it for some reason
SanDisk A1 is fine. Samsung should be fine too.
You said camera was still on when you got back in the car, so the hardwire kit hadn't shut it off, but it's still worth trying it at 12V to see what happens.

SanDisk A1 is fine. Samsung should be fine too.
You said camera was still on when you got back in the car, so the hardwire kit hadn't shut it off, but it's still worth trying it at 12V to see what happens.

I tried that without sucess.
I think that arent a power or sd card
Issues

I think that the buffered parking mode is crashing for some reason then stops recording.
Because without change anything but only parking mode to low bitrate everthing works fine.

I tried that without sucess.
I think that arent a power or sd card
Issues

I think that the buffered parking mode is crashing for some reason then stops recording.
Because without change anything but only parking mode to low bitrate everthing works fine.
Agreed, im with you. Low bitrate mode works all night, just the auto detection mode crashes or just bugs out at some point about a couple hours into being parked. Im sure they'll iron it all out soon.

I just installed v1.8 and set up the buffered parking mode.
I have just a few initial things to report:
1 - after installing, the camera needs a factory reset, otherwise it's running quite hot (at least mine did, after upgrading from v1.5 stock)
2 - The newest version of the Android app finally get the firmware update ! I like the solution VIOFO came up with to circumvent the non-internet WiFi issue - a VPN... Hats off to VIOFO for this!
3 - Not related to this particular firmware, but to the camera itself - the G-Sensor is pretty useless! Even at the highest G-Sensor sensitivity, slamming the car's door will not trigger the event!
4 - I set the parking mode motion sensitivity to hiighest, as quickly waving my hand in front of the camera doesn't trigger a recording on the medium or low.
I'll check the SD card tomorrow and be back with more info.

I just installed v1.8 and set up the buffered parking mode.
I have just a few initial things to report:
1 - after installing, the camera needs a factory reset, otherwise it's running quite hot (at least mine did, after upgrading from v1.5 stock)
2 - The newest version of the Android app finally get the firmware update ! I like the solution VIOFO came up with to circumvent the non-internet WiFi issue - a VPN... Hats off to VIOFO for this!
3 - Not related to this particular firmware, but to the camera itself - the G-Sensor is pretty useless! Even at the highest G-Sensor sensitivity, slamming the car's door will not trigger the event!
4 - I set the parking mode motion sensitivity to hiighest, as quickly waving my hand in front of the camera doesn't trigger a recording on the medium or low.
I'll check the SD card tomorrow and be back with more info.
On #1 so you are saying after the upgrade, a reset cured the overheating problem? Just wnat to make sure.

On #1 so you are saying after the upgrade, a reset cured the overheating problem? Just wnat to make sure.
Exactly. The camera was also very sluggish after the upgrade. Navigating the menus was really slow. The reset fixed that as well.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

So, few things after one night of buffered parking mode. What a great feature indeed! It saves tons of space on the SD card by not recording hours of useless static images!
However, the motion detection algorythm can be improved, I guess. For example, it should not react to own image adjustments - it happens a lot during dawn and dusk, as the camera adjusts the EV and other parameters, it is detecting these adjustments as movement.
Here is a sample - the auto-adjustment of the front camera at second 15 is detected as movement and is recorded: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnJW_37kwnALqB91sQjzGf2xaYXY
@viofo - is there any way to improve this?

Last edited:
Does motion detection work with both the front and rear cameras?
Yes. You can try for yourself - leave the car in a place without movement and then move behind the car and see if it triggers a recording. Works for me and it picked up lots of movement since yesterday.
L.E. Here's one event detected by the rear camera: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnJW_37kwnALqB7LRgdzJuOYCQyD
What is nice, is that the camera ignores the constant moving of the tree and only picks up the arrival of the van.

Last edited:
Yes. You can try for yourself - leave the car in a place without movement and then move behind the car and see if it triggers a recording. Works for me and it picked up lots of movement since yesterday.
L.E. Here's one event detected by the rear camera: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnJW_37kwnALqB7LRgdzJuOYCQyD
What is nice, is that the camera ignores the constant moving of the tree and only picks up the arrival of the van.

Can you confirm if the cam.recorded for entire night?

I am using the original VIOFO's HK3 plugged into the camera directly (not on the GPS mount)
The parking mode is set to Auto event detection.
Parking mode motion detection and G-Sensor sensitivity are both set to highest. Do not confuse these settings with the other Motion detection and G-Sensor settings in the menus - these are dedicated to parking mode only.
I think VIOFO should also release a new version of the manual to explain the buffered parking mode and to guide users to properly set it up :)

Last edited:
Don't forget to do a reset to defaults before setting it up. It seems it's necessary.

Back