Buffered Parking mode

Thanks!

It would be nice if you can lower the video quality to 4mbps on buffered parking mode to get more recording time.
I thought the advantage of buffered parking mode over low bitrate parking mode is that you get better image quality because buffered uses high bitrate?

I guess many people will use the buffered mode with impact detection only, no motion detection, and then they will want highest bitrate...

I thought the advantage of buffered parking mode over low bitrate parking mode is that you get better image quality because buffered uses high bitrate?

I guess many people will use the buffered mode with impact detection only, no motion detection, and then they will want highest bitrate...

I certainly would want the highest bitrate.

My A129 reset itself to default when I started the car this morning. FW is the public parking beta V1.02T6.

The beta FW had been trouble-free until this reset.

I'll report if it happens again.

I've run 1x A119 and 2x A129 and not had this problem before, nor can I remember anyone else reporting this.

I've run 1x A119 and 2x A129 and not had this problem before, nor can I remember anyone else reporting this.
Tony, aside from the reset glitch, is the new firmware pretty good? May I ask how you have it set up on your car? Thanks!

A big issue in the beta firmware is that, currently, when motion is detected in the new firmware, it locks those files and it will never overwrite them. This causes the SD card to fill up and stop writing events. For now, I switched back to low-bitrate recording for parking mode and hopefully they have locking event files as an option.

How blackvue does it is that it can lock event files and once the SD card is full, it will overwrite the oldest video (either an event or regular recording)

Why not improve the next piece of hardware capable of buffered recording with the addition of a ground input trigger. The camera hardware is probably the most convenient place to detect visible motion within its field of view, but in many cases its placement at the upper edge of the windshield is sub-optimal in detecting impact to the car with only the internal g-sensor. With a ground input trigger, one could add or override the internal impact sensor with those already available in the market and most often used with auto security systems -- and then one could also add proximity detectors, field disturbance sensors, glass breakage sensors, or the siren alarm output from the security system, and whatever else one could possibly imagine...

This feature would of course require hard wiring, and better yet, if you still have two free leads on the usb wire connector, then add two inputs in order to help end users discern which sensor triggered the saved recording.

A big issue in the beta firmware is that, currently, when motion is detected in the new firmware, it locks those files and it will never overwrite them. This causes the SD card to fill up and stop writing events.
Are you sure? @viofo told me the parking files would be overwritten :unsure:

Are you sure? @viofo told me the parking files would be overwritten :unsure:
The final version save the buffered parking video files under movie folder instead of RO folder, as some user complain too many files save under RO foler.

Also there is V1.7 for A129 Duo which supports buffered parking mode.

Download from this link.

Why not improve the next piece of hardware capable of buffered recording with the addition of a ground input trigger. The camera hardware is probably the most convenient place to detect visible motion within its field of view, but in many cases its placement at the upper edge of the windshield is sub-optimal in detecting impact to the car with only the internal g-sensor. With a ground input trigger, one could add or override the internal impact sensor with those already available in the market and most often used with auto security systems -- and then one could also add proximity detectors, field disturbance sensors, glass breakage sensors, or the siren alarm output from the security system, and whatever else one could possibly imagine...

This feature would of course require hard wiring, and better yet, if you still have two free leads on the usb wire connector, then add two inputs in order to help end users discern which sensor triggered the saved recording.
Good idea for support other sensors, is there something introduction or spec for the sensor you mentioned?

If it’s not posted on the the main VIOFO support page it’s not final yet.

Good idea for support other sensors, is there something introduction or spec for the sensor you mentioned?

I saw some hardwire kits built in the Radar motion detector.

The final version save the buffered parking video files under movie folder instead of RO folder, as some user complain too many files save under RO foler.

Also there is V1.7 for A129 Duo which supports buffered parking mode.

Download from this link.

thanks, can you tell us what fixes or changes in this update compared to last beta firmware so we can test?

V1.7 Change log:
  1. Added: Buffered Parking Mode, parking video files ends with _PF for front camera, _PR for rear camera.
  2. Added: G-sensor and Motion detection sensitivity setting for Parking Mode
  3. Updated: MIC icon and GPS icon

Back