BULLETHD BIKER MATE & PRO WiFi (iOS/Android) 1080P Water Resistant Motorcycle DashCam Novatek 96655

BulletHD as adapted to my bicycle:
Using an old clean bottle, I cut out part of the nozzle to fit the cable through. The camera, 4000mah power bank and cables all slip in. The clean bottle is best as it opens from both ends. Bottle fits nicely in one of our tandems five bottle cages.
Now I just need a GoPro handlebar mount and it is ready to roll.
Sorry for the blurry/bad pics, I only had a few minutes to throw this all together. Road test will be this weekend.
20150910_203334 (2).jpg 20150910_205325 (2).jpg 20150910_210049 (2).jpg

For 45 minutes drive, it used roughly 1400 mah from my powerbank so 4000 should give you at least 1.5 hours.

Sunny, was that draw with the Wifi version or just the mate? Power draw much different between the two?

Sunny, was that draw with the Wifi version or just the mate? Power draw much different between the two?
Wi-Fi version but wifi is not on except for initial angle leveling.
I use 10,000mah battery and for one 45 min drive it dropped by 1200 and another time around 1300mah.
The reading is not exact so can be off by few hundred +-.

If your 4000 is even 90% efficient, it's 3600 usable.
You may get over 2 hours safely.
Try on full charge and see how long it lasts.
Mine is too big to try as it never ends. :)

haha nice setup for that tandem :D i only tried one of those solo after i unboxed it and made it ready for the buyer ( was 15 back then so it been a while )

K.I.S.S :cool:

Just got this today and excited to get it hooked up.

Has anyone gotten the Android app to work? I connect to the Biker Pro wifi point but can't get the app past the loading screen.

Just got this today and excited to get it hooked up.

Has anyone gotten the Android app to work? I connect to the Biker Pro wifi point but can't get the app past the loading screen.

Some Android devices are a bit finicky. Are you able to try another friends/family's android/iOS device? (to confirm/rule things out)

The good news is I was told a new iOS and Android app update is coming in about 1-2 weeks. The developer is re-writing some of the wifi components that will enhance wifi stability.

Unfortunately I only have acess to my phone. I'm using this app which it looks like it was only published to the play store yesterday. Maybe this is the beginnings of their re-written app?

Hopefully I can get it working soon, I'm fairly impressed with the hardware and wanted to use the app to help frame my shot, but I guess I'll do some trial and error until it gets working!

Unfortunately I only have acess to my phone. I'm using this app which it looks like it was only published to the play store yesterday. Maybe this is the beginnings of their re-written app?

Hopefully I can get it working soon, I'm fairly impressed with the hardware and wanted to use the app to help frame my shot, but I guess I'll do some trial and error until it gets working!

Ah yes looks like an update is out already. Can you send your exact behavior problem to the support email on the play store page?

Been running this for a few rides now. Video quality is excellent and I can easy read license plates from cars passing at speed. Power consumption is good as I had the camera on for over two hours and only depleted the power pack about %50.

Questions:
I seem to be missing the first 15-20 minutes of my last ride. Red light was blinking on the camera the whole time. In registrator viewer, there is a key next to many of the files and they have an EVE prefix while most other files are FILE30, FILE31, etc.... Have these key files been locked due to the g-sensor and causing overwrite issues? The 16gb card still has over a gb free but did the beginning of my ride get overwritten already? There are still older files on the card (with key). Also, some random file numbers are missing despite the camera running the whole time during a two hour ride. I have turned the G-sensor off for the next ride if that is a cause. I imagine the bike has a rough ride that was triggering events.

Any tips? *EDIT- Now wondering if I ever formatted the used SD card before using in this camera. Stand by, I will do that before next use and see if my experience changes.

Here is some more footage:

Last edited:
That's what I was going to say make sure you for sure formated the card. I'd leave G-Sensor off (or low) on a bike, a bit too bumpy I think. Make sure the cable are inserted as hard as they will go and strain relive clamp is secured.

Last edited:
Ah yes looks like an update is out already. Can you send your exact behavior problem to the support email on the play store page?
I submitted the info last night, hopefully we can work something out!

I'm hoping to do the electrical side of the install tonight (wiring up a relay) and then the actual camera mount tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the resulting video!

New Biker Pro Firmware / New Biker Pro App (WiFi stability increased)

-Playback function modified
-Bug fixes
-New icons

Apple? Skip to below

Android? FYI:
There is a small delay getting the android app back in the google play store. The BulletHD developer uploaded a new app last Friday and there was some type of crash with the old version. Google admin temp blocked the BulletHD account for review and it will take a few days to re-activate. (it will be back online soon for sure though)

In the mean time, here is direct access to the new mid-September Android app and Firmware.

This new firmware update is required before using the new app.

Please find new firmware here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/imtck4e07sai1j2/FWSCIFC.bin?dl=1

Biker PRO android app download link : (this apk file is the same as the one from the BulletHD.us website)
https://files.secureserver.net/0s8VUPfN7ry9wP

iOS App:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bullethd-biker-pro/id992038639?mt=8
(date September 14th as of this post)

New Biker Pro Firmware / New Biker Pro App (WiFi stability increased)

-Playback function modified
-Bug fixes
-New icons

Apple? Skip to below

Android? FYI:
There is a small delay getting the android app back in the google play store. The BulletHD developer uploaded a new app last Friday and there was some type of crash with the old version. Google admin temp blocked the BulletHD account for review and it will take a few days to re-activate. (it will be back online soon for sure though)

In the mean time, here is direct access to the new mid-September Android app and Firmware.

This new firmware update is required before using the new app.

Please find new firmware here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/imtck4e07sai1j2/FWSCIFC.bin?dl=1

Biker PRO android app download link : (this apk file is the same as the one from the BulletHD.us website)
https://files.secureserver.net/0s8VUPfN7ry9wP

iOS App:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bullethd-biker-pro/id992038639?mt=8
(date September 14th as of this post)

http://www.bullethd.us/#!Glide-thro...s-New-Features/c18fg/5604d0450cf2f0ed7a20f4a9

BIKER PROs New Firmware Features September 24, 2015

"New Photo Mode
Snapping pictures of your favorite local spots is easier than ever with BIKER PRO’s brand new photo mode, which makes it possible for the user to switch from video mode to photo mode via a smartphone app. The introduction of this feature has received positive reviews because while riding a bike, users are not able to control the camera to take a photo. The specifically designed auto shooting feature enables the user to switch to the photo mode and press the shutter button on the app, as a result of which, the BIKER PRO camera starts taking photos every 3 seconds till the user presses the shutter again to stop taking photos. The photo mode offers 5M and 12M pixels image resolution, which can be selected via the new app.

New Video Duration Settings
Bullet HD added a new selection of video durations for 1/2/3 minute video clips. The company previously offered 5/10/15 minute video clips. The company has configured the video settings to a shorter duration because users can easily download a special moment, or an on-road event immediately from the BIKER PRO to their smartphones in just a few minutes. The user can also upload the video to YouTube and share it immediately because short videos are easier to handle. To get the optimum results from this feature, it is better for a user to set the video quality from “Fine” to “Normal”, this will reduce the video size by 50%, which makes it super lightweight for download and upload.

Time-Lapse Videos
Time lapse denotes the photographic practice of shooting a sequence of frames at set breaks to record the changes that take place slowly over time. When the frames are shown at a normal speed the action seems much faster, which makes videos engaging and interactive. Bullet HD has introduced the feature of time lapse to make sure that riders enjoy long road trips and then watch the video compressed to just a few minutes of the most memorable moments.

BIKER PRO Time Lapse settings: 1s/2s/5s/10s/30s/60seconds to shoot a frame.

Bullet HD has been fine tuning its motorcycle HD cameras continually according to customer’s feedback, because the company strives to serve its clients well. For further information, please visit their website."

Upgrade now!

Finally got this wired up and installed on my Street Triple this weekend!

The app update fixed the problems I was having as well. Everything is working great!

I happened to cross paths with someone borrowing my car. Nothing really happens, just a fun little video showing the two dashcams I've bought from Pier28 (Biker Pro and SG9665GC):

I just edited it together with Youtube's editor, it's possible some blockiness got introduced through that.

I've had that CPL bookmarked and have been meaning to get it actually. The reflection isn't always that bad but I am looking to improve it either way.

EDIT: Actually I assumed that was going to be a link to the DIY CPL solution, but that one looks great! You'll definitely be getting an order from me.

Back