Camera lens extension cable 2 meter?

Ballsack

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hello!

I know there is a 20cm lens extension cable, but I would like to mount the lens inside a housing behind my rear view mirror, and then placing the Mobius it self inside the glow box, for that, I need a maximum of 2 meter cable.

So my question is; Can I buy the 20cm cable, cut it in half, solder in new longer cables, shield it all to prevent any interference, and then get it to work. I dont know that much about video stuff so I turn to you guys.

Thanks! :)

Thanks Gabacho! :)

I'm pending to buy a Mobius can and use as a serious action cam, but I need this question answered... It's the only thing standing in the way for me to order one!

Hello!

I know there is a 20cm lens extension cable, but I would like to mount the lens inside a housing behind my rear view mirror, and then placing the Mobius it self inside the glow box, for that, I need a maximum of 2 meter cable.

So my question is; Can I buy the 20cm cable, cut it in half, solder in new longer cables, shield it all to prevent any interference, and then get it to work. I dont know that much about video stuff so I turn to you guys.

Thanks! :)

Usually lengthy remote lens solutions require sender and receiver chip-sets to amplify signal. This is how it works on most dual channel FullHD-HD systems.
And also you need to have it fully shielded.
For you solution you may look at Innovv C3.

The interference would be horrendous and the quality would not be worth it. I remember (I think) reading somewhere where the developers said they tried 30cm but the quality plummeted massively so they decided against it so I imagine a 2m cable would definitely not be worth it.

Cheers,

Dan

Back