Can you use Fuse taps on empty slot fuse?

Using Fuse taps on empty slot fuse, which is best?

• Use a different method to plug 3A into fuse box without fuse taps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ferginator

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I have found an empty ACC and BAT slot for the fuses to go into and I have spare 10A laying around so I was wondering is I can use fuse taps or if I cant do that? And if so, does it still need a 10A for the original front slot on a fuse tap and 3A external even if the slot was empty to begin with on the fuse box or do i just use the 3A in the external? Or does it not matter either way? Any pros or cons?
20170803_113911.jpg

For those needing to know what I'm referring to, the ones that have to slots for fuses that act as the extension of the ACC and BATu8IDXOF.png

Yes, you can use them, but make sure that you put the original non existent fuse in the bottom, don't put a 10A or something in since you don't know what it might power, probably nothing but it may be something that shouldn't be powered. Since that will not pass power across the fuse tap, you will need to put the fuse tap in so that the tap fuse gets it's power from the hot side of the fuse holder otherwise you wont get power.

Yes, you can use them, but make sure that you put the original non existent fuse in the bottom, don't put a 10A or something in since you don't know what it might power, probably nothing but it may be something that shouldn't be powered. Since that will not pass power across the fuse tap, you will need to put the fuse tap in so that the tap fuse gets it's power from the hot side of the fuse holder otherwise you wont get power.
They dont go to anything for 5 n 9. So you are saying use the 3A in the original port of the fuse tap and nothing on the external slot? the external with is the 3A fuse that goes to directly to the dashcam?20170803_113251.jpg

Just because the manual says they are not used doesn't mean that they are not connected to anything. They may be unconnected, but unless you can prove that they are not connected it is not worth taking the risk of putting a fuse in them.

You will need your 3A fuse in the top, going to the camera. Leave the bottom empty, and remember the tap will then only work one way around.

Just because the manual says they are not used doesn't mean that they are not connected to anything. They may be unconnected, but unless you can prove that they are not connected it is not worth taking the risk of putting a fuse in them.

You will need your 3A fuse in the top, going to the camera. Leave the bottom empty, and remember the tap will then only work one way around.

I fully agree Havent seen so much written about so little for ages.

Hello,

I have found an empty ACC and BAT slot for the fuses to go into and I have spare 10A laying around so I was wondering is I can use fuse taps or if I cant do that? And if so, does it still need a 10A for the original front slot on a fuse tap and 3A external even if the slot was empty to begin with on the fuse box or do i just use the 3A in the external? Or does it not matter either way? Any pros or cons?
View attachment 32586
Is it ok to add a 10amp or 15amp fuse in an empty slot in the Fuse box of my car? There is no specific amp that I need to add in the empty slots, is there? So I can add any amp fuse and get some usb ports?

Back