Capturing live stream from an android app

Philippe Cohen

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I am developing an Android application that aim to capture the live stream of a wide angle dash camera. I am looking for a dash cam (with good optical specs, especially with wide angle) that streams the video via USB or Wifi, not just to their own app but via some type of documented/standard Android API.

Any recommendation ?

Ralph2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue 650GW in 2011 Highlander
Just.. ask the various manufactures to send you their code and details on how it works, then pick the one that suits your need the best. :)
I am sure they would be glad to share and have their R & D reverse engineered for the benefit of the public. especially as you are going to give your work away for free.. right?

OP
P

Philippe Cohen

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I am developing this app for a client that is not interested to open source it. I am not really expecting vendors to give away their IP, I am just looking for vendors that have a developer strategy so I can select their camera. Actually I've found that YITechnology is starting such an intiative, using OpenSource (see https://github.com/YITechnology/YIOpenAPI), and also asked them directly since the project is very recent.