CDV300 Series Firmware

Very nice of you to provide discount for SG9665GC. Here in Australia, I have looked at a couple of local suppliers and they provide zero discount :(

Very nice of you to provide discount for SG9665GC. Here in Australia, I have looked at a couple of local suppliers and they provide zero discount :(

I do provode time to time a special discount for DCT forum members who send me a PM ( personal message ).

it happens, not sure where you've been looking
Capitol Computer in Sydney CBD and LS Audio in Hurstville. Not sure if they have adjusted the prices now.

people have picked them up cheaper before, stock is short at the moment so maybe harder to get a deal right now, more stock later this month will mean a bit more competition I guess

if you want to wait until the next shipment is in I'm sure you could get a deal

Reckon we can keep this thread for discussing firmware??

Several colleagues again promotes their products SG, instead of continuing Thread for discussing firware CDV300. It gets boring:(

They're replying to a customers questions.

They're replying to a customers questions.
ok, but someone has to keep an eye on this forum, not to mix topics because it gets messy.
We on the thread about firware CDV300 do not have to discuss the prices of new products SG;)

The topic turned to our products as our firmware is part of the discussion, not trying to drag things off topic

Sorry, no need to blame jokiin and niko for answering my questions earlier. It's all my fault, I apologize. Mod can delete all my previous posts if he/she deem they are off-topic.

I think some of you should thank jokiin and his company still releasing his firmware to try on these "faulty" CDV300 dashcams. His own equivalent product has been withdrawn from releasing to the market, so he gain no financial benefit in updating his firmware for CDV300 owners to try. Should be TCL's responsibility.

ok, we thank jokiin ! but ..................
The Street Guardian firmware will give you beautiful video quality, however its not stable at all. I've had it running in my unit for 4 days now and it runs the battery down very quickly. It also takes a very long time for a GPS lock and very often does not automatically start recording when you power the unit on. I'd be wary running it if stability is important to you.

if such software is suitable for? perhaps the most important role of the camera is its guaranteed to work, because you never know the point where the recording will be necessary to prove the road situation

Our firmware is not suitable for the TCL version, I've said that all along, doesn't stop people wanting to see what we were doing with the video side of things though

... these "faulty" CDV300 dashcams. His own equivalent product has been withdrawn from releasing to the market, so he gain no financial benefit in updating his firmware for CDV300 owners to try. Should be TCL's responsibility.

I think there is a few people jumping too conclusions. Sure the firmware video quality is lower compared to SG's firmware, and the the battery is slightly weak, but the camera is far from 'faulty'.

The fact of the matter is that the camera has been proven able to be of, 1. High video quality and 2. Stable with the small battery. My experiences with SG's and Cambox's firmwares, respectively, have proven this to be fact.

As long as people have bought their unit from Foxoffer, I am pretty confident that they have the same hardware revision as me and have a good product that is waiting to be improved by a suitable firmware. In fact, I am more than happy running Cambox's firmware on my unit -- it does the job for now.

And I believe no one has asked SG to develop for the TCL version.

As a DCT 'guinea pig' I am really happy I bought this camera, the flexibility to customize firmwares has been great -- I feel it'll be pretty impressive to see what the community comes up with. I'm currently looking at seeing whether I can modify the firmware, further that what AFT lets you. So far I believe I've learned the unit runs on a YAFFS file system and is written in c++. Would anyone have the Amberella SDK handy? or resources on the topic? (It's been a while since I've played with DSPs and microprocessors)

Last edited:
Sorry, no need to blame jokiin and niko for answering my questions earlier. It's all my fault, I apologize. Mod can delete all my previous posts if he/she deem they are off-topic.

I think some of you should thank jokiin and his company still releasing his firmware to try on these "faulty" CDV300 dashcams. His own equivalent product has been withdrawn from releasing to the market, so he gain no financial benefit in updating his firmware for CDV300 owners to try. Should be TCL's responsibility.

Indeed. I agree with you.
So, sorry for this disgression due to my fault because of having asked for SG firmware and related products availables. We are now speaking about this by MP in order to no longer pollute this thread dedicated to CVD300X firmwares.
Have a good day.
Regards

Would anyone have the Amberella SDK handy? or resources on the topic?.

not available publicly, resource wise you'll probably find a lot of what you need if you look into some of the GoPro hacking sites, not exactly the same but a lot of common ground which might get you headed in the right direction

Tmanz, did you succeed in synchronizing date & time with GPS thanks to Cambox and/or TCL firmwares (it seems only work with SG for me)?

@ZenithMach3 , No I haven't gotten to that level. And it will probably take me some time to from where I'm coming :p both Cambox and SG have built functionality around the GPS scrapes.

I've used the TCL and Cambox firmwares fine by setting the time initially - the battery should be powerful enough when the unit is in standby to keep the time saved, obviously not atomic clock accurate! The TCL and Cambox firmware do not sync with GPS.

Back