Cellink battery b and thinkware f800 pro setup help

Tolmekian

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I've received the f800 pro dashcam and cellink battery and now hoping the community can help me set it up - it isn't as obvious as I thought it would be!

The cellink b comes with a special hardwire output for thinkware cameras, but I don't understand how to connect the wires together - are you able to advise based on this image?
IMG_20170929_142458_002_small.jpg
I'm struggling to see how the red, yellow and black connect without hacking at the wires which I don't want to do.

I'm going to be plugging the cellink into the cigar plug as it's a lease car so don't want to be touching the fuse box. Then that was going to connect to the thinkware via red, yellow and black cables so I have the parking mode functionality.

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

Hopefully this link can help you: https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/blogs/news/connecting-korean-dashcams-to-the-cellink-battery-b

You will have to "hack" the wires (i.e. cut and strip them) and then connect them by soldering the wires. Alternatively you can join the wires by crimping them using end to end joints.

In short, you want to connect the 2 black wires together (- NEG), the battery positive (+Batt) wires, and accessories (+Acc) together. NOTE: Ignore color of the wires. There is a silver label attached to the Cellink B battery output harness which will tell you which color of wire represents it's type (+ batt or + acc). On the Thinkware parking mode harness, the wire labels are printed on black sleeves on the wire itself.

You will also have to go to the thinkware settings menu to turn on parking mode. You can do that via the app, or via the desktop viewer. Insert the SD card into the camera and power it on. Wait until the camera say something like "starting normal recording". Turn off the camera before removing the SD card. Insert the micro SD card into the computer and load the thinkware viewer software. You can chance the settings of the camera in the viewer software.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for your reply EFTC, that's really helpful. I suspected that was the case with the wires but wanted to make sure before I go cutting & joining them together in that method.

Do you know if the parking mode will work when it's hardwired into the cellink, even if the cellink is powered by a cigar plug rather than being hardwired to the fuse box? I'm double guessing everything now :p

Having the Cellink powered by the cigar plug instead of hardwiring it will only impact the Cellink battery charging time. There is a switch on the bottom left of the Cellink unit that will allow you to select from "OFF", "5A", and "7A". You can only charge the Cellink at 5A if you use the cigar plug. If you hardwire the Cellink, then you can select 5A or 7A as your charging speed. 7A is faster, but 5A is more suitable for cigar plug as the cigar plugs for order cars is could be protected with a 7 A fuse instead of a 20A fuse. Furthermore, there have been stories where charging using the cigar plug at 7A makes the plug hot to touch.

If you are worried about charging time, you can always hardwire the unit to the fuse box and purchase an external power inverter to charge the unit inside the house. You will need to use the cigar plug for that and the inverter will need to output at least 5 Amps.

I would test it with the cigar plug for a few days and set it to charge at 5A. If you feel comfortable and when you are ready, you can hard ware it to the fuse box (use an add-a-fuse kit - see here: https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/blogs/news/how-to-use-an-add-a-fuse-kit). Just make sure you remove everything at the end of your car lease and you will be fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply EFTC, that's really helpful. I suspected that was the case with the wires but wanted to make sure before I go cutting & joining them together in that method.

Do you know if the parking mode will work when it's hardwired into the cellink, even if the cellink is powered by a cigar plug rather than being hardwired to the fuse box? I'm double guessing everything now :p

As long as your cigarette plug is ignition switched it will be okay. Once the Cellink detects that the battery is no longer charging (socket no longer outputting) it will think that the car is turned off and switch the camera into parking mode.
If your car's 12V/Cigar socket is always on you will need to unplug it when you park to simulate "turning off" the car. Or hardwire the battery to an ignition switched fuse

This is cable you need to get thinkware parking mode enable with your cellink using cigaretlighter port charging.
https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/hardwire-splicing?variant=37741443655.

This cable connect Cellink to your F800 pro.

This is exactly how I install my F800 Pro and never look back for more than few weeks now.. Parking mode will enable right after your car shut off 2 min.

you never need to wire to fuse box with cellink.

Thinkware dash cam little different than Blackvue so you would need that cable in other enable parking mode.

DSC_0043.jpg

Back