New Cellink Battery.

Nadhir

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro
I have recently bought the Cellink Battery B (2nd Gen) since I don’t want the camera to strain my parked car’s battery and plus My car is supposed to have an issue when extra stuff is plugged into it.

Two months after I buy the battery, I see that a new battery is released, the Cellink Battery Neo... just my luck. Can’t even return it now.

Do any of you have a dash cam battery pack in your car?

I looked at both before buying the Cellink B. I'll be installing it in the trunk this weekend. The Neo didn't offer anything I needed for the additional money.

I looked at both before buying the Cellink B. I'll be installing it in the trunk this weekend. The Neo didn't offer anything I needed for the additional money.
Doesn’t I have about double the battery usage than the older one?

It has 45 hours but again, I don't need that. Not worth the extra $'s to me.

It has 45 hours but again, I don't need that. Not worth the extra $'s to me.
Ahh, ok. I think it’s like $30 extra but yeah. If you don’t need it then why waste it.

I just installed the Neo with a new 800 pro. Easy install and I put it in an empty electronics bay right behind the glove box of my BMW. Easy access to the on/off switch so I can turn it off while parked at home. Only 2 wire harnesses, one which is ACC/grd power in and the other power out to the camera. Has a simple phone app to check charge level. It came 100% charged. First battery pack I've had, so we'll see how it goes.

I just installed the Neo with a new 800 pro. Easy install and I put it in an empty electronics bay right behind the glove box of my BMW. Easy access to the on/off switch so I can turn it off while parked at home. Only 2 wire harnesses, one which is ACC/grd power in and the other power out to the camera. Has a simple phone app to check charge level. It came 100% charged. First battery pack I've had, so we'll see how it goes.
Is your car in a garage or so,etching? Otherwise I don’t get why you’d turn it off. Also, did you hardware it to the fuse or did you leave it with the cigarette lighter?

I used a 20 amp inline fuse and hard wired it into the back of the power adaptor up under the right passenger footwell that never gets used. I use position high on the Cellink when operating it. I'm still learning the ins and outs but when I shut the car off, it goes into parking mode. In my garage at home, I don't need that. I don't want to go into the app every time I get home and turn off parking mode. Now I just open the glove box and select off. Is there a better way to turn the camera off? Maybe the power switch on the camera? I've only had it for 2 days so still figuring the best way to use it with my habit patterns.

I used a 20 amp inline fuse and hard wired it into the back of the power adaptor up under the right passenger footwell that never gets used. I use position high on the Cellink when operating it. I'm still learning the ins and outs but when I shut the car off, it goes into parking mode. In my garage at home, I don't need that. I don't want to go into the app every time I get home and turn off parking mode. Now I just open the glove box and select off. Is there a better way to turn the camera off? Maybe the power switch on the camera? I've only had it for 2 days so still figuring the best way to use it with my habit patterns.
The way you have it is probably the best as far as I know. It is probably just annoying to have to switch the battery on and off twice daily. Depending on how much you drive, it shouldn’t be a big issue if you leave it on, but that’s just me. If it’s parked in a garage and you have it set for motion detection, it shouldn’t turn on at all until it senses motion but if you park during the day in a busy area you may have on time lapse and having time lapse on all night I need a garage is kind of pointless.

The way you have it is fine asl one as it works for you, though. I know I would just get tired real quick of switching the battery on and off all the time.

I've installed Cellink B and F800 pro, hardwired to fusebox. It's working well so far, except at Parking in my own garage. I set it Parking Mode with motion detection sensitivity lowest. Although there is no moving object, Camera records all the time as if there are some motions in garage. This may be a glitch or camera too sensitive. Anyone has same problem?
I turn off F800 pro at home, press power button for a few seconds on the camera, not like B737cap turning Battery.

I just tried the power button and see that it does work but has to be held down for 5 seconds or so. Before I just pressed it and it did not turn it off that way. Thanks for the info.

I have recently bought the Cellink Battery B (2nd Gen) since I don’t want the camera to strain my parked car’s battery and plus My car is supposed to have an issue when extra stuff is plugged into it.

Two months after I buy the battery, I see that a new battery is released, the Cellink Battery Neo... just my luck. Can’t even return it now.

Do any of you have a dash cam battery pack in your car?

I too was in the same situation. Cellink Neo came out 4 months after I got the Cellink Battery B. Realistically I don't see any benefits getting the Neo other than app visability. In my mind it isn't worth the extra money.

I too was in the same situation. Cellink Neo came out 4 months after I got the Cellink Battery B. Realistically I don't see any benefits getting the Neo other than app visability. In my mind it isn't worth the extra money.
It has a faster charge time and the battery lasts longer. Not worth upgrading but it’s worth buying the new instead.

I've installed Cellink B and F800 pro, hardwired to fusebox. It's working well so far, except at Parking in my own garage. I set it Parking Mode with motion detection sensitivity lowest. Although there is no moving object, Camera records all the time as if there are some motions in garage. This may be a glitch or camera too sensitive. Anyone has same problem?
I turn off F800 pro at home, press power button for a few seconds on the camera, not like B737cap turning Battery.
I have the motion sensitivity to medium or high but I have the impact sensitivity for the highest.

I installed the Cellink B in the trunk of my SS working with my 800 Pro. I don't bother tunring it off when parked in my garage.

Ugh cringey af.

It has a faster charge time and the battery lasts longer. Not worth upgrading but it’s worth buying the new instead.

I checked. It does have faster charger time only if you hard wire it into the car. I don't think the battery will last any longer than the Cellink B. It seems that the capacity is the same. With the addition of the bluetooth radio on the Neo, one would think the battery life will be affected with the Bluetooth unit running at the same time when the battery is discharging.

I checked. It does have faster charger time only if you hard wire it into the car. I don't think the battery will last any longer than the Cellink B. It seems that the capacity is the same. With the addition of the bluetooth radio on the Neo, one would think the battery life will be affected with the Bluetooth unit running at the same time when the battery is discharging.
I didn’t think people really cared about the Bluetooth. Isn’t the point of the battery to hide it so you don’t see or even know it’s there?

I fitted the Cellink Neo6 this week, so far it's brilliant. Having the F800Pro hardwired to the vehicle and drained the car battery sufficiently that the Stop/Start no longer works. I think the car battery was fairly worn but the dashcam finished it off. So, I've hardwired the Cellink Neo in, it charges off an ACC wire, so when the car is running and powers the F800Pro when parked. In the F800Pro settings I've switched off all parking voltage protection.

The bluetooth app works well - maybe a bit of a gimmick but quite handy nonetheless, especially if like my car it's only used a couple of times per week you can see the remaining charge.

IMG_4964.JPG IMG_2112.PNG

Back