Combining videos - editor

glowdot

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have two cameras ( front & rear ) in my truck and am having trouble figuring out how to combine sections from both channels to make a single clip.
I am partially computer literate and have installed Openshot in the hope that I could figure out how to take a slice from my rear camera of a car approaching from the rear and overtaking me and appearing in my front camera. So far I have not quite nutted it out.
Would someone here be able to point me to an appropriate free video editor with a matching video tutorial?

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1+G3ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Viofo A139ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Blueskysea B4K+B2K
Don't know Openshot.

VSDC: http://www.videosoftdev.com/ is quite a good editor, maybe not the simplest but it can do a lot and is easy once you have worked out the basics, plus there are quite a lot of tutorials available.

Jonson Wood

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Do you mean you want to joint two videos as one? Or you need to represent two clips in the same frame?

hoyhoy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two cameras ( front & rear ) in my truck and am having trouble figuring out how to combine sections from both channels to make a single clip.
I am partially computer literate and have installed Openshot in the hope that I could figure out how to take a slice from my rear camera of a car approaching from the rear and overtaking me and appearing in my front camera. So far I have not quite nutted it out.
Would someone here be able to point me to an appropriate free video editor with a matching video tutorial?

You can try this soft - WinXDVD - there are many different programs. Also there are articles, for example How to compress video
Or this soft I think also will help you - Prism Video Converter Software
Good luck!