Compatible memory card for a129 duo

ERANY

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi all,
Does A129 duo support 256GB memory card?
What is the most recommended card (Samsung EVO, SANDISK... etc)
How is this one here:
AMAZON SAMSUNG 256GB
A quick response will be very much appreciated
Thanks in advance!

Yes, it supports up to 256GB cards. The card you linked is a good card for the A129, just be sure it is Sold and Shipped by Amazon and not another seller.

Yes, it supports up to 256GB cards. The card you linked is a good card for the A129, just be sure it is Sold and Shipped by Amazon and not another seller.
Thank you!
I assume you warning is because of fakes...?
Where would be a safe place to buy one in the US (familiar stores)? not from amazon & not in the internet ...
I have asked a friend there to buy one for me, any special caution i need to take?

Hi all,
Does A129 duo support 256GB memory card?
What is the most recommended card (Samsung EVO, SANDISK... etc)
How is this one here:
AMAZON SAMSUNG 256GB
A quick response will be very much appreciated
Thanks in advance!
That is the card I am using

Where would be a safe place to buy one in the US (familiar stores)? not from amazon & not in the internet ...
That specific card is made by Samsung for Amazon so there is no other source for it.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="ERANY, post: 484337, member: 58991"...
That specific card is made by Samsung for Amazon so there is no other source for it.
[/QUOTE]
No Samsung 256GB except Amazon...?

Thank you!
I assume you warning is because of fakes...?
I have asked a friend there to buy one for me, any special caution i need to take?
Amazon is the only source for that particular card. Look for the Samsung EVO Plus, which is the same card, just sold by other reliable retailers.

The EVO Plus is not Amazon specific so it should be available elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XFS5657
Reliable stores/retailers is the US that are trusted...?
or the opposite - where not to buy?
[/QUOTE]
There are many reputable retailers in the US, some are national, some are regional and other just local. If your friend is from the US he/she should know the good ones.

Reliable stores/retailers is the US that are trusted...?
or the opposite - where not to buy?
There are many reputable retailers in the US, some are national, some are regional and other just local. If your friend is from the US he/she should know the good ones.
[/QUOTE]
My friend is not local, he is a tourist for the next two weeks in the US
That is why i asked your advice.

My friend is not local, he is a tourist for the next two weeks in the US
That is why i asked your advice.
[/QUOTE]
Where will he be visiting? Maybe someone familiar with that area can make some recommendations.

BestBuy would be a good store to trust

[/QUOTE]
Where will he be visiting? Maybe someone familiar with that area can make some recommendations.
[/QUOTE]
I don't realy know, it's a business trip...

@ERANY
Best Buy and Staples are good sources, both are nationwide and they use good sourcing which almost always avoids fake cards. WalMart may also have this card or the similar SanDisk one, but I have heard of faked cards showing up there. Whichever your friends gets, have them run the h2testw freeware program on it with their laptop while they can still return it in case it is fake or bad. This will take several hours with a card that big.

I do not know about legalities and I am not recommending this, but mailing a letter internationally isn't expensive. One could easily put a microSD card in a letter and it would probably get through without any problems. I've had larger items than this sent to me in a regular letter and that person sent dozens of the same item all over the world. His technique was to tape the item into a hole made in a piece of cardboard so the thickness was uniform enough to be processed by the usual machinery without being noticed, and that was wrapped in a letter-sized page of paper. Someone visiting a place where cards were readily available and cheap might try sending a few cards back home for friends this way ;)

Phil

His technique was to tape the item into a hole made in a piece of cardboard so the thickness was uniform enough to be processed by the usual machinery without being noticed
If you are doing that then put the long axis vertical in the letter. Letters are supposed to be flexible, microSD cards are not, when they go through the letter sorting machines they will get flexed around the rollers and an SD card would quite likely be snapped, a microSD going through vertically should be OK! Inserting it in a cut-out in cardboard is a good move and will give it extra protection from the rollers and being hit by other letters being stacked up on top of it, or torn out of the letter by the rollers.

Back