Connect rear cam to nextbase 512gw

A bit unfair if Halford is holding them back on the deal, I'm sure other suppliers for example Amazon would be happy to oblige it's customers.

Great conspiracy plot though.
Did Neil Armstrong et. al. really walk on the moon?
Did the FBI have JFK done away with?
Are Halfords holding back the rear cameras for the 315?

This is the response I had today from Nextbase regarding the Rear Camera. It sort of clears up the warranty but still no date.

Hello

We have had some delays on our shipment of the Rear Cameras but we are trying our best to get them to cameras to Halfords stores as soon as possible.

Ryan H

Technical Support
Engineer[/QUO

Is Halfords the only company to sell Nextbase products?
I think they may have some deal to have them exclusively for some period before others get them
Tiffany Confirmed Halfords would be stocking the rear camera 6 weeks before any other retailers.

I mentioned reading into the lines from a nextbase rep's comments it makes it sound like Halfords have held up the release of this camera in their stores. I didn't say that was true just how the message could be read.

As Halfords had a deal to stock them before anyone else and they have had their own cameras commissioned and manufactured, and are in stock it wouldn't be beyond the realm of imagination to delay selling a competitor product, as they will make more money selling their own branded product.

But so far nextbase say the delays are due to their suppliers and cable issues and DAB interference issues.

I know Tiffany is trying to get a exact update on the rear camera situation as we are well into April and it's still lot here.

As I mentioned previously of it doesn't get released soon then my front camera will be out of warranty in July.

So why would I want purchase a rear camera that only works with this camera that is now out of warranty. For that reason I am really considering not purchasing the rear camera and doing something different instead.

I like others have patiently waited for this rear camera to be available to buy.

Posted 5 days ago via Nextbase UK page after someone in the visitor comments asked for when the rear camera is out and they said May. Here’s to hoping A9F5F182-CE71-4FDF-9531-B691D902813A.png

Aw, c'mon now. Be fair. The time is probably right as well.:ROFLMAO:

Blackvue 720S 2CH?

That unit (750S) does tick 2 main boxes (60fps & filter available) but it would require a rewire as it isn't USB and you need to continually eject and reinsert the SDcard to get the footage off.

.....and you need to continually eject and reinsert the SDcard to get the footage off.
No you don't. It has WiFi and can be cloud accessed if it is connected to a WiFi hot spot.
The only 'prolem' is that it has a capacitor, rather than a battery. As soon as you remove the 12V it shuts down gracefully.
If you want it to continue recording in parking mode from the car battery, you need either a Power Magic Pro (PMP) or one of their 'separate battery' solutions. The PMP switches it off at a set voltage to protect the car battery.

Talking to a Halfords Fitter who has just completed a training course for NextBase. He said the rear camera will be on sale very very soon. He said it had cleared all hurdles

They have been saying that for a very long time.
I wonder what he knows that Tiffany doesn't?

We did have a delay when ensuring the Rear Cam causes as least interference as possible within the vehicle and its now been achieved.

For this I am of course extremely sorry, I know I can say this on behalf of Nextbase for the delays that have been experienced too.

Now I have the good news (I wanted to ensure it's 100% correct before posting): the product is landing in our distribution centre 15th May, our Technical Support Centre will then soon after receive stock to enable us to distribute to the customers on my (ever growing) list.

I'll subsequently be contacting everyone who has asked for a Rear Cam or to be notified of its release over the next fortnight.

@Auld Reekie that is correct they used to have our products first - however I think this is no longer the case.

Last edited:
With the amount of problems, I’m going to wait at least 6 months so any problem will be high lighted . Unless there’s a massive discount for people already owning a 512gw

I can understand you concern @Tyke32 however I can reassure you there isn't a problem hence us waiting to be 100% sure before releasing.

Will this rear cam also produce LO quality video clips like the front cam? not that I want them cos I feel they take up valuable space on the sd card.

It won't no - there won't be any low resolution files if you have the rear cam connected.

Back