connecting the fuse holder to the fuse box

jjyoung

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all...

i have the dashcam connected to a fuse holder, however, the slot (the acc fuse slot) that i need to plug into the fuse box is to tight.
what are my options to plug the fuse holder in? are there any fuse extender to connect the fuse holder?
or which other fuse i can use?

thank you all.

jay

Too tight for your hand to get in there, or too tight for whatever fuse tap/holder you are using?
If just not enough room to get you hand in there, try some needle nose pliers or hemostats.

too tight to plug the fuse tap into the fuse box
I had the same issue with mine, wasn't able to push the fuse tap into position. I ended up soldering longer legs onto the tap. And the used shrink tubing to cover the exposed parts of the legs. Worked great.

I have a similar issue, my fuse tap is to short, doesn't plug in all the way. Is there a longer tap for me to buy?

I have a similar issue, my fuse tap is to short, doesn't plug in all the way. Is there a longer tap for me to buy?
I have talked to blackbox my car, they have the same issues when they do installs. Sometimes they are able to cut away a bit of the plastic around the fuse block. I didn't want to mess my fuse block up. That's why I soldered longer legs onto my fuse tap. It worked like a charm.

Back