COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the future, just mentally replace fires with stinking piles of corpses.

6e8adc6079500169596a4b1575159fdc.jpg

Even worse, this time it is the young that are being wiped out, as is proven by the graph of hospital admissions, most of them are under 18 years old while the over 70s are completely safe! Must be a mutant strain of the virus!

EiL1IwxWsAAMkql

Maybe it is time we got rid of the source of the Mutant Trump Virus and nuked USA again:alien:

Or maybe there is another explanation?

Last edited:
Damn kids partying like there was no tomorrow, lots of pirate parties getting shut down every weekend here.
And some punk kid in the news been to a party of 12, where 5 came down with the bug.
Though they are not really dying from it here and only a few need the hospital, but it is the other they bring it to that have to suffer.

Personally i think they should temperately disband all sale of alcohol.

Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London has issued a statement urging ministers to impose new lockdown curbs for London as early as Monday.

False positives, anyone? ;)

Statement from the Mayor

“The Prime Minister has said that we are now seeing the start of a second wave of COVID-19 across the UK. Londoners should also know that I am extremely concerned by the latest evidence I’ve seen today from public health experts about the accelerating speed at which COVID-19 is now spreading here in London. This is made worse by the uncertainty caused by the lack of testing capacity in the capital.

“This afternoon I held an emergency meeting with London council leaders, the Government and Public Health England to discuss the next steps. It is increasingly likely that, in London, additional measures will soon be required to slow the spread of the virus. We will be considering some of the measures which have already been imposed in other parts of the UK. I am of the firm view that we should not wait, as happened six months ago, for this virus to again spiral out of control before taking action. The best thing for both public health and the economy is new restrictions imposed early, rather than a full lockdown when it’s too late - but the government must urgently ensure there is a fully functioning testing system.

“I strongly urge all Londoners to be as cautious as possible over this weekend. Please think very carefully about your actions - strictly follow social distancing rules, regularly wash your hands and wear a face covering to help reduce the spread of the virus.”

Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London

https://www.london.gov.uk/about-us/mayor-london/statement-mayor-2

Last edited:
Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London has issued a statement urging ministers to impose new lockdown curbs for London as early as Monday.
I trust that politician less than Trump :ROFLMAO:

He is certainly no scientist.

I trust that politician less than Trump :ROFLMAO:

He is certainly no scientist.

Well Nigel, as always, you would know better than absolutely anyone else, of course. :rolleyes:

Everyone else will be watching the hospital admission rates for COVID and the spiking of the allegedly false positive tests.

Oh, wait! Boris is the one who actually announced the beginning of a second coronavirus wave in the UK and Sadiq Khan is basing his recommendations on your PM's statement. Since you're such a big Boris fan just who do you trust? Hmmmn..........:unsure:

175 different vaccines are under development around the world.

One double 40 year BD party with 66 guests turned out to 45 people getting infected, from 1 person.

Another BD party with ?? guests had 30 of them coming down with the stuff.

At both parties all guidelines was adhered to.

Last edited:
Just glad i am not the social type, which i assume you could regard as a form of addiction.
What most people feel like corona hardship and limitations, that is every day in my life or at least the past couple of decades

Im good, it is my choice, had it been my gooberment forcing me i would probably have gone really naughty.
But i am not forced to do anything in regard to corona, so for me it is business as usual, which is nice when i can not instigate any change myself.

I am wondering if i am one of the +1 mill Danes getting invited to do anti body test if i should go, but as i am not subscribing to the digital mess Danes use to communicate with "the man" i assume if i come up they just select another as they cant be bothered with writing me a good old letter + it cost money too.

One double 40 year BD party with 66 guests turned out to 45 people getting infected, from 1 person.

Another BD party with ?? guests had 30 of them coming down with the stuff.

At both parties all guidelines was adhered to.
Not much immunity among that group, considering that many places are thought to have had 30-50% immunity before the covid arrived!

Was that a recent party, or back at the beginning of the pandemic? If it is recent then it is bad news.

There is a constant pattern, most people who catch the virus do not spread it, or if they do then they only infect one other allowing the virus to normally die out over a small number of generations, and then there is the 1 in 60 people who manage to spread it to 60,70,80,100 others and wipe out all the good work done by everybody else following the guidelines! Keep well away from people who sing, shout, or just speak loudly, not just 2m but a different building ;)

I am wondering if i am one of the +1 mill Danes getting invited to do anti body test if i should go, but as i am not subscribing to the digital mess Danes use to communicate with "the man" i assume if i come up they just select another as they cant be bothered with writing me a good old letter + it cost money too.
The antibody tests are not proving very useful, unless they also test the T-Cell response, which they are unlikely to be doing. But in general, helping with the research is a good thing to do, if nobody did then we would all be worse off, and you never know which bit of research will turn out to be the breakthrough. It is very likely that some bit of past research has already saved your life.

As i understand the article both parties was very recent.

Normally the infection number is 1.5 here, so one person dont infect that many people, but it just go to show how bad things can turn in a heartbeat.

One of the municipallities that have stayed clean throughout have just gotten their first case ( it is a small island ) still pretty amazing they had managed to stay clean, even with all the visitors during summer with the free ferry rides.

As i understand the article both parties was very recent.
Presumably they tested everyone, and just because they tested positive doesn't mean they were ill. If an immune person spends an evening breathing virus from an infected person then bits of virus may still be found in their noses days after the party, but they will never become ill. These tests can detect a single fragment of virus.

The effect of Covid-19 on the winter flu season, Covid-19 is saving lots of lives:

1600616171224.png

Last edited:
If there's anything good coming from this pandemic, it's that now everybody understands how colds, flu's, and virus are transmitted which can be used to better avoid the usual wintertime ailments. Not much of a 'bright spot' in that but better then none ;)

Phil

If there's anything good coming from this pandemic, it's that now everybody understands how colds, flu's, and virus are transmitted which can be used to better avoid the usual wintertime ailments. Not much of a 'bright spot' in that but better then none ;)

Phil
And the bad thing that is not coming this year is the annual winter flu epidemic that normally arrives here from Australia after their winter finishes. It can't escape, Oz and NZ have their borders closed, and they don't seem to have any flu to send us anyway!

Phil
Once it gets back to just being a normal cold or flu people will revert to their old ways.
We had a similar problem in 1918 and everyone forgot about how to take precautions over time.
In most peoples minds normal colds are just not that serious.

Yeah business as usual return really GD fast, always have always will, it is human nature.

Death toll here for people going into ICU with corona are 37 %, in the early days the estimate for deaths was 80 %

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back