COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep France too i think, and Belgium are on their heels with the rest of the feet hanging off a shear drop.
Our authorities also advise ( but dont ban ) travel to all of the world, so our borders remain open still.
Strange numbers from France, hard to tell what is really happening, need to look at the excess death figures, and they are below the 5 year average! The only European countries with significant excess deaths currently are Belgium and Spain, most of Germany doesn't submit numbers so we don't know about them.

Interesting article about masks, doesn't say that they work, but it does say that they turn most cases into asymptomatic cases, or in other words, results in most people becoming immune without getting sick:

Of course if many people become asymptomatic instead of symptomatic, then those people are far more likely to spread the virus, thus masks probably cause more spread!

And the poor French got a "HELLO" again today from people that do not respect our values in this part of the world,,,,,, but hell or high water we must respect their ways.
Sadly the response from officials here have been lackluster, and to think the French problems mostly come from them backing up us Danes when someone here dared to paint the prophet.

If i was in charge those pictures would be put up all over the country in hard to reach places so they could not get vandalized,,,,,, which they would be in minutes otherwise.

Just read the number of infected people in the US are now over 9 million, if my memory serve me right that is the same number of people that lost their job when the housing bubble broke, and the banks screwed people over 2 times.
The people blamed back then,,,,, well it is the same that get the blame for the problems of today more or less :rolleyes:

I feel like the world are stuck in a rut

Just read the number of infected people in the US are now over 9 million,
I don't think that is accurate, there are well over 0.3 million dead, so unless 1 in 27 infected people (both symptomatic and asymptomatic) die then they are not counting all the infected.

Excess deaths in USA has never got near going negative like they have in Europe, ignore the drop at the end, it takes them a couple of months to do the counting, a bit like their elections! 2nd graph is the more interesting:

mm6942e2-F1.gif

so official data is not a good source????
Not after Trump redirected the counts into the White House instead of into the CDC where it used to go!

I trust my sources the always right Danish press, that like our politicians never make a mistake.
We Danes also set a new record today, not the 1191 new infected but rather the 71,059 that have been tested in 24 hours.

And i salute my NZ friends who have voted YES to people getting the right to die if they want to, but sadly NO to cannabis.
Not that i am pro nations becoming potheads, but i do like taking the revenue from criminal organizations.

I am so very sad we Danes do not have a option to choose death if we are terminal sick and want to die, we can choose not to receive any lifesaving care, but really thats just dying slowly in agony / misery..... sadly my mother signed that.
One thing is for sure if / when i dont want to live any more, they better not try and stop me, if they do people will be joining me.

Infected daily are way higher now than it have ever been.

3010corona.jpg

And i salute my NZ friends who have voted YES to people getting the right to die if they want to, but sadly NO to cannabis.
Not that i am pro nations becoming potheads, but i do like taking the revenue from criminal organizations.
organised crime.jpg

The effect of the new university year disrupting the established herd immunity in Nottingham:

The students now have plenty of herd immunity and have almost stopped spreading it to everyone else, everyone else seems to have just enough to stop the spread increasing, but not quite enough to bring it back down ... yet...

michael_de_adder_herd_immunity.jpg

Generally it have been most sought after to be head of the heard, and it still is, but today being the survivor of the heard take precedence.

Not quite the future we was pegged to have, maybe it is better as it is.
Just taken this classic in as a visual lullaby.
Brunner.jpg

"The International Council of Nurses (ICN) has revealed that a total of 1,500 nurses across 44 countries are believed to have lost their lives to Coronavirus."

OK, that is 1500 / 44 = 34 nurses per country.

The UK has half a million nurses, so 34/0.5m = 0.0068% have died of Coronavirus, while 0.068% of the total population have died of Coronavirus, so nurses have 1/10th the death rate of the average person...

Of course any death is bad, but if nurses are dying at similar rates as people in other professions then the headline is very misleading, and there is no reason to compare it with the WW1 figure which included deaths from Spanish Flu and accidents among the 1500 global deaths!

come to think of it haven't seen any mention of herd immunity among frontline health workers, only how dangerous it is for them
paging Dr Nigel, Dr Nigel ........

might be busy with a patient right now, will have to wait :ROFLMAO:
Earlier in the year, IIRC there was a UK study that found that doctors and nurses had roughly the same rate of infection as others, didn't get reported much because it wasn't the result the press wanted for their headlines and wasn't what they had been reporting in previous months where every death of a healthcare worker was counted and published as shocking statistics.

Since then a lot of our healthcare workers have been vaccinated as part of the trials so I guess they now have a lower infection rate than average. I would also expect healthcare workers in covid wards to be selected from those known to have some level of immunity.

No patient in the covid ward has immunity or they wouldn't be there, thus herd immunity does not work there, although no patient in the covid ward is capable of catching covid since they already have it, so the infection rate among patients should be very low! By now the immunity of the healthcare workers for covid wards should be very high, hopefully due to immunisation and selection, so again the covid ward should have low danger as long as it is kept isolated from outsiders.

In the rest of the hospital the normal herd immunity for the whole community applies with the exception that many of the healthcare workers have far more daily contacts than the average person, so they have a much higher chance of being infected if they haven't been immunised, however most of those contacts are short, giving them more chance of a minor or asymptomatic infection.

The big problem in hospitals is spread of covid among non-covid patients and the apparent inability of the hospitals to keep patients isolated, 25% of covid cases in hospital being a result of hospital caught infections is shocking:
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has also exhibited a growing problem with probable HCAIs. While the trust continues to show persistently high total numbers of new patients in hospital with COVID-19 – a 7-day average of around 40 per day – admissions from the community have slowly fallen from a peak of around 31 per day on the 7th October. This general slow fall in community admissions has been masked in the aggregate, however, by an increase in probable HCAIs that began in early October, and peaked at around 13 per day in the most recent week of reporting. In the last week of reporting, probable Hospital Caught Infections made up 27% of all new patients in hospital with COVID-19.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back