COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm setting the countdown timer for how long it will take for Nigel to reply here with yet another tedious post trying to rationalize the sorry state of affairs with the COVID situation in the Untied Kingdom. :smuggrin:

Case counting according to Monty Python

Phil

Don't forget that the counters have "corrected" the counts in the past:

That was when the UK decided to manipulate the numbers by arbitrarily claiming that anyone testing positive for COVID who dies after 28 days is no longer a COVID death. This, despite the fact that quite a number of people are dying after the 28 day period from vascular related problems caused by COVID such as heart attack, stroke and organ failure after they survive their respiratory crisis and that some patients have been hospitalized with COVID for up to 40 days.

Interestingly, the August 13th article you linked to states:
The Department of Health said the new total is 41,329, down from 46,706. That is still Europe’s highest death toll.

So, I'm setting the countdown timer for how long it will take for Nigel to reply here with yet another tedious post trying to rationalize the sorry state of affairs with the COVID situation in the Untied Kingdom. :smuggrin:

Well. at least we have the lowest increase on this graph, and are about to go back negative before the lockdown starts:

1604271544562.png

Well. at least we have the lowest increase on this graph, and are about to go back negative before the lockdown starts:

View attachment 53956
Good luck with that seven day thinking! :sick: None of the available other data supports that theory longer term.

Boy, you're desperate to put a happy face on things! Of course, as I've been saying all along that's been the case since the beginning. ;)

Oh, and there was this my from previous reply......

As of today:
40% increase in cases (confirmed and probable) in two weeks time.
121% increase in deaths in the last two weeks period.

Last edited:
None of the available other data supports that theory longer term.
That graph is draw from the "case" numbers that you have been insisting on using! Why are you now rejecting that same data?

I see that the USA reached the 100,000 new cases per day mark o_O, the curve even looks exponential this time, I don't think we need to learn lessons from there!

1604272890600.png

That graph is draw from the "case" numbers that you have been insisting on using! Why are you now rejecting that same data?

I see that the USA reached the 100,000 new cases per day mark o_O, I don't think we need to learn lessons from there!

View attachment 53960

Under Trump, things have been handled very poorly. No argument there. On the other hand the metric is very different because of our vastly larger population. UK cases per 100K are currently far higher than the US.

Last edited:
Yeah a big boat dont start / stop / turn like a small boat, thats just the nature of things, or i assume in technical terms Newtons 2 law of motion.
Though some times,,,,, okay often then, i also get that feeling about my own very little country, but i assume it is ambitions and our smugness that weigh us down, we sure are not a slick little speedboat here.
And this is when i always thing of crimson permanent assurance.

Last edited:
Yeah a big boat dont start / stop / turn like a small boat, thats just the nature of things, or i assume in technical terms Newtons 2 law of motion.
Though some times,,,,,

Under Trump, things have been handled very poorly. No argument there. On the other hand the metric is very different because of our vastly larger population.
On the other hand we wouldn't elect Trump!

LONDON — The British public would kick Donald Trump out of the White House in this week’s U.S. presidential election and elect Joe Biden in a landslide instead, according to an exclusive POLITICO poll by Hanbury Strategy.

The survey showed the Democratic candidate would win every single British constituency if voters faced the choice presented to Americans in Tuesday’s U.S. election.

hehe no you elected a guy named Boris, okay he dont carry a hammer and sickle, but thats what i think when i hear Boris or Ivan names.
Here the most infectious placed ( municipalities ) are ones around out capital, most of them you could call ghetto as they all have a high numbers of newcomers to the country.

82a6a44f-81d2-41d6-a5d4-b13459811006.jpg

No, but the UK elected Boris Johnson which is hardly anything to be too proud of!

Don't get me wrong, many here including me wouldn't have elected or wish to re-elect Trump either, but considering the sorry state of affairs in the UK on multiple fronts from Brexit to COVID, to characters like Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Brits of all people shouldn't be criticizing what politicians other nations elect.

Also, amusing that you edited the out rest of my post - "UK cases per 100K are currently far higher than the US." Highest death toll in Europe too!

Last edited:
I am not going to brag with the ( not pleasant name for female ) PM we Danes suffer under, i am willing to trade her for a trained monkey.

hehe no you elected a guy named Boris, okay he dont carry a hammer and sickle, but thats what i think when i hear Boris or Ivan names.

82a6a44f-81d2-41d6-a5d4-b13459811006.jpg
There's also another Boris who comes to mind for me, especially this time of year, Boris Karloff. :) (also a Brit)

karloof_fankenstein.jpg boris_karloff.jpg

The Americans rose up against your King. The people who choose to live under a King who acted as though he was above the law are not the ones to determine who should lead a free country.

The Americans rose up against your King. The people who choose to live under a King who acted as though he was above the law are not the ones to determine who should lead a free country.
That would have been our (and your) parlement at the time, the King did not make the political decisions then or now.

Be careful on this day when many of your quarantined and infectious population are allowed out on the streets, apparently voting in person is more important than the lives of others!

I see Trump finally got his border wall built, all the way around the (new) border!

Yeah i saw that new wall too, it is a bit disturbing our American friends have a need for something like that now.
The Danish parliament was also terror secured some years ago, okay so was many places in the country, even gravel pits was terror proofed :rolleyes: so when i saw that i knew i was getting screwed over.
Still you can run / walk up to the Danish parliament and spit or pee on it, so thats reassuring at least, still i do not like when the people in charge remove them self from the people that elected them.

As i am not a praying man i will just hope for the best today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back