COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is rapidly becoming the most useless thread on DCT. Seriously, as in very seriously, considering 'unwatching'. :(

This is rapidly becoming the most useless thread on DCT. Seriously, as in very seriously, considering 'unwatching'. :(
I try and avoid getting into discussions online when religion or politics end up in the mix, two things that are very divisive and there's no right answer unfortunately

I try to keep to my daily DK updates,,,,,, BTW 3 have died here now, but the other numbers seem pretty stable today.
5067 tested - 864 infected - 2 in ICU - 3 have died.
Only 37 new cases today, much batter than days ago when it was like +200, so hopefully we Danes are heading in the right direction and its not just a lull.
On the other Hand the Germans have now closed their border,,,,,, at least to Denmark as i understand it.
Danes like the Italians are keeping spirits high with singing from windows and balcony's.

I heard Dane have taken the stuff to the S island of NZ :oops:

I am close to finding a cure for my sore ass, i just need funding to take care of it.
Turns out a 1 class airplane ticked and a white sandy beach for 2 weeks are the answer.

I am NOT interested in buying USED rolls of toilet paper.

Snap 2020-03-15 at 19.07.44.png

I only hope that governments worldwide allow any cure or treatment to be used in a timely manner. It would be a shame to have people suffer just because some government employee does not want a cure or treatment to get out unless it is proven to be 100%.

Dr William Hanage, a professor of the evolution and epidemiology of infectious disease at Harvard said, When I heard about Britain’s ‘herd immunity’ coronavirus plan, I thought it was satire.

"The UK should not be trying to create herd immunity, that will take care of itself. Policy should be directed at slowing the outbreak to a (more) manageable rate. What this looks like is strong social distancing."
Day-by-day, perhaps not as quickly as other European countries, we are implementing social distancing on various levels - from sporting events to international travel.

It's looking like we're about to isolate our over 70's, even if they're healthy, while the rest of us are supposed to keep calm and carry on...

"Every Briton over the age of 70 will be told "within the coming weeks" to stay at home for an extended period to protect themselves from coronavirus.

When it happens, they will be asked to stay home for "a very long time", Health Secretary Matt Han**** said."

America is going into shut down mode. 2 states have ordered restaurants to close. More will follow :oops:

When it happens, they will be asked to stay home for "a very long time", Health Secretary Matt Han**** said."
Now all of those over 70 are going to start hoarding everything they can think of.
How will their medical needs be taken care of if they have to stay home?
I do not believe doctors will be going door to door.

I try to keep to my daily DK updates,,,,,, BTW 3 have died here now, but the other numbers seem pretty stable today.
5067 tested - 864 infected - 2 in ICU - 3 have died.
Only 37 new cases today, much batter than days ago when it was like +200, so hopefully we Danes are heading in the right direction and its not just a lull.
On the other Hand the Germans have now closed their border,,,,,, at least to Denmark as i understand it.
Danes like the Italians are keeping spirits high with singing from windows and balcony's.
Probably just a lull yet, must need a lot more infections before immunity starts to slow things down, it's probably just finished with the people that used one of your ferries (like cruise ships spread it) and moved into a different group of people. Hard to tell when we really don't know how many people have had it, only the number that have been tested and have it.

Don't understand the Germans closing the borders to other EU countries, given the number of cases in Germany it is more likely the numbers will drop by keeping them open! Plus we need trade to carry on, without food we would all die! Maybe they are worried about hospital tourism, German hospitals having a very low death rate currently?

Now all of those over 70 are going to start hoarding everything they can think of.
My dad is over 70. He lives on his own. No car. No internet. He can't stockpile any more than he can carry at once in a couple of shopping bags.

I think I'm going to order groceries to be delivered to him, so I know he can feed himself, and send TP too.

Medical needs for most can be done online or on the phone, those that need personal nursing care already have it at home so it can carry on as normal. Food can be ordered online. Doctors here do sometimes go door to door when necessary, but we are not talking about the sick, we are talking about healthy people keeping out of the way of the virus.

For those that don't use the internet, the neighbours will probably bring the shopping.

Might not work in the USA, but UK is not USA.

On the lighter side of things...
How Rednecks prepare for the CORONA VIRUS.

In America, Instacart will deliver from CVS and Walgreens has their own delivery service. Online doctor's visits are available in many places, if they need to see a doctor, and ambulance services and hospitals will not be shutting down.

America is going into shut down mode. 2 states have ordered restaurants to close. More will follow :oops:

This is an idiotic thing to do. The grocery stores and their supply chains are already stressed by panic buying. Shutting down restaurants will only exacerbate the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back