COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have included the deaths!

I agree, that would have given a good comparison with the current data that includes this data.

This is merely an older public service poster from the Public Health Agency of Canada designed to encourage people to get vaccinated against common infectious diseases.

Beyond that, many of the infectious diseases on the list don't necessarily even have high death rates but they do cause severe illness and consequences including deformities, lasting symptoms and lifelong crippling disabilities. There is also the cost to society of millions or billions of dollars in medical and hospitalization costs, lost work, productivity, wages, childcare needs and educational disruptions, etc.

There's no reason to include fatality rates or make epidemiological data comparisons on a promotional public service poster that merely seeks to show the general population that vaccines are very effective.

Last edited:
It aint cheap for sure, "they" have burned thru billions of borrowed money already here, and this us speaking a extremely well established country, even if our Kronor are unofficial linked to the damn Euro.
I can only imagine what this is doing to less financially sound countries with much larger populations :eek:

BUT ! i do think it is a matter of what is the price if we did nothing.

It aint cheap for sure, "they" have burned thru billions of borrowed money already here, and this us speaking a extremely well established country, even if our Kronor are unofficial linked to the damn Euro.
I can only imagine what this is doing to less financially sound countries with much larger populations :eek:

BUT ! i do think it is a matter of what is the price if we did nothing.

There are many studies that have looked into the cost of developing and administering vaccines vs the cost of doing nothing. It always comes down to the fact that even when vaccination programs cost millions of dollars it is always cheaper to society on many levels than doing nothing, plus the fact that it saves countless lives and prevents a lot of pain and suffering. As for less financially sound countries, the WHO and other global institutions see it as part of their mandate to help facilitate and pay for these vaccination programs. That's a big part of what the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and others like them do as well.

There are many studies that have looked into the cost of developing and administering vaccines vs the cost of doing nothing. It always comes down to the fact that even when vaccination programs cost millions of dollars it is always cheaper to society on many levels than doing nothing, plus the fact that it saves countless lives and prevents a lot of pain and suffering. As for less financially sound countries, the WHO and other global institutions see it as part of their mandate to help facilitate and pay for these vaccination programs. That's a big part of what the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and others like them do as well.
prevention is always going to be better than the cure

Prevention is very important, assuming it can happen.

It is difficult to comprehend the medieval mentality at work but just last week three woman working to administer polio vaccinations to children in Afghanistan were shot dead in two different locations by unknown assailants (likely Taliban). This is hardly the first time this has happened. I don't know that Afghanistan will ever get itself sorted out.

Three female polio vaccination health workers shot dead in eastern Afghanistan

polio_vaccine.jpg

I don't know that Afghanistan will ever get itself sorted out.
It never will. They apparently like living that way and have a history as such for hundreds of years. In their prime, neither England, Russia, or the US has ever been able to conquer these people. I have my own ideas on how to deal with them but probably best to just leave them alone and contain them to their homelands until they decide to change on their own.

Phil

Some times i envy the simple people of the world ( note i did not say stupid there is a vast difference )
When i was working the 7 seas, for the first few weeks i also missed a few things, first and foremost the dope i was hooked on, then the concept of personal freedom to move / go to where you like, and the even then few people i respected and enjoyed being around.
But then i settled into the "simple" life of being constrained to a steel island floating around from place to place, and that was actually also quite nice if only i have had more time in the new places to really immerse myself.

It never will. They apparently like living that way and have a history as such for hundreds of years. In their prime, neither England, Russia, or the US has ever been able to conquer these people.
I don't think England ever tried, all four of our invasions have been by the British army, in the latest representing the UK under NATO.

For those that don't know the difference between England, Britain and UK, a rapid simplified explanation by a foreigner:

When i say Denmark. really most times i mean the island where our capitol is, in truth though not internationally recognized yet i live in the land of the Juts "Jutland" which is sadly still enslaved by Denmark.
I pray i will live to see the day when we Juts are free.

Indeed, i saw a doku on the place not too long ago, taught me a few things i did not know, so 1 hour in front of the TV well spent.
The same was also the case in the US backed Iran, before the Ayatollahs threw a spanner in the works, though the then king was by no means a nice guy as most "dictators" is in that part of the world.
You can also say the same about Turkey, when Kemal Atatürk put his foot down and said "O Hell no", and now they seem to be heading back in that direction while holding the hand of the Russians.

I wish all religions was banned here, or at least their symbols and practices was banned in public, what people do at home i will not interfere with.
It is a embarrassment to me that my country are tied up to a religion, and you active have to opt out of it like i have, CUZ if you do not you pay over the taxes 3000 DKkr or something a year to a religion.

It is more than enough political differences and non religious cultural differences are making things harder to work with.

It never will. They apparently like living that way and have a history as such for hundreds of years.
There was a period during the 1950s, 60s and early 70s when Afghanistan was a more peaceful nation on a path to modernization and greater gender equality. That all came to an end after the Russians invaded in 1979. It is remarkable to consider that anyone in Afghanistan born since 1979 would be at least 42 years old today and would have grown up in a world where they would have known nothing but war, violence and extremist religious fundamentalism with a mindset dating back to the 5th and 6th centuries. For many in Afghanistan, war and strife is in their bones and they seem addicted to it as that is their only frame of reference since childhood.

modern-afghani.jpg

kabul2.jpg

afgani_women.jpeg

children.jpg

eisenhower.jpg

khruschev.jpg

Last edited:
It never will. They apparently like living that way and have a history as such for hundreds of years. In their prime, neither England, Russia, or the US has ever been able to conquer these people.
When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

When i say Denmark. really most times i mean the island where our capitol is, in truth though not internationally recognized yet i live in the land of the Juts "Jutland" which is sadly still enslaved by Denmark.
I pray i will live to see the day when we Juts are free.
Most of the real Jutes are free, they came to Britain and settled in Kent when the Danish forced them out of Jutland.

I know we that are left are the ancestors of the weak and sick ones that could not run when it was time to run.
And there is no shame in running from a battle you can not win, only berserkers did not know that.

I know we that are left are the ancestors of the weak and sick ones that could not run when it was time to run.
And there is no shame in running from a battle you can not win, only berserkers did not know that.
Yes, the fit and healthy came here to do the heavy labour on our farms, the intelligent/skilled came to work in our manufacturing, and the weak, unhealthy, and stupid stayed behind - we ended up with all the good DNA, the Danes ended up with the not so good - evolution at work!

Here's another good article about Hungarian-born scientist Dr. Katalin Karikó, who decades ago, along with her colleague Dr. Drew Weissman of the University of Pennsylvania pioneered the early research and key discoveries that made the Pfizer/BioNtech and Moderna SARS Cov-2 mRNA vaccine platforms possible. It almost didn't happen because the academic powers that be were not interested in such esoteric research.

I speculated over four months ago that she (and Dr. Weissman) might be candidates for a Nobel Prize and it still wouldn't surprise me to see that happen.

Kati Kariko Helped Shield the World From the Coronavirus

"Collaborating with devoted colleagues, Dr. Kariko laid the groundwork for the mRNA vaccines turning the tide of the pandemic."

kati.jpg
"

Last edited:
I looked for results ( though probably a bit early ) on the tests of the Danish vaccine test on humans in Holland, but not able to find anything, the company Bavarian Nordic are hired by J&J to produce some of their ebola vaccine.
And Ebola are some nasty stuff too.
Also read J&J are under investigation for some issues in the US, though also very minor, like 1 in a million.
Chance are i could get shot up with the J&J by the end of the month, and TBH i would prefer 1 jab VS 2 jabs, not that i am afraid of needles, just prefer to not rub shoulders with too many of my fellow Danes and not least in a venue like that.
I have a life long build in intense dislike for public offices - hospitals and churches, those are all places i just want to get out off as soon as i enter, not least public offices where my heart start beating fast and i get the shakes and a dry mouth.

.Chance are i could get shot up with the J&J by the end of the month, and TBH i would prefer 1 jab VS 2 jabs, not that i am afraid of needles, just prefer to not rub shoulders with too many of my fellow Danes and not least in a venue like that.
I have a life long build in intense dislike for public offices - hospitals and churches, those are all places i just want to get out off as soon as i enter.
The Veterans Administration provides vaccinations on Saturdays. Cars go in line in the parking lot, roll the window down, and nurses go car to car giving shots. After getting the shot everyone waits in their own cars (on one side of 2 one way lanes) an appropriate time to see if side effects occur. No crowds, no building, no other people around you (except the nurse or your own passengers) all of which results in an exceptionally minimal chance of being able to catch the virus. Even a (theoretically) infected nurse by jabbing you through the window of your own car while the nurse is wearing a mask in the outside air would have a hard time transmitting the virus.

A nurse told me if you had covid-19 your antibodies only last 90 days. The vaccination creates antibodies that last 6 months.

That appears to mean that booster shots will be needed unless covid-19 is killed off completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back